Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Immigrant Strike  (Read 12114 times)

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Immigrant Strike
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 10:27:05 AM »

I always thought that being illegal meant you didn't have any rights??!?!!?  I think we missed a good round up opportunity here, folks.  Extreme in my thinking, maybe.  But, when people come into the country legally I have no problems with that.  When they come into the country illegally- and I don't care WHERE they came from- they need to get the hell out.  Unfortunately we're not the only country with these problems.  There was a large "silent" majority of Germans back in the late 80's that had issues with the Turks that were coming into the country.  It started with the Turks taking only the crap jobs, living 10 to a house.  Soon, there were a few becoming business owners and being able to buy a good house ( a MAJOR accomplishment in Germany at the time) and so on.  The question then becomes- As voters, what are we going to do about it????  I can't say as that I've got a good answer, yet.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 10:52:21 AM »

Amnesty is not the way to go. It should be a felony and the employers supporting it be charged heavily. That is just my point of view. >:(

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »

I'll second that.  College shouldn't be a "get out of jail" card either.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 11:04:08 AM »

Amnesty is not the way to go. It should be a felony and the employers supporting it be charged heavily. That is just my point of view. >:(
INDEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

seultrarider

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 11:08:49 AM »

No where but in America can illegal persons protest for rights....WOW [smiley=nixweiss.gif]! NO AMNESTY, it did not work in 1986!

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »

Obviously we can sit here and come up with all good reasons for why itss wrong but lets try to figure out how to rectify the problem and the trickle down effects it will have on certain industries.I for one think we should clamp down on illegals even though it would be like shooting myself in the foot.My father came here and went through the proper channels to become a citizen so why shouldn't everyone else.I think it will get worse before it gets better.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

hogasm

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »

I was audited by the IRS 2 years ago. In a conversation with Mr. IRS he informed me that in his jurrisdiction 70% of all workers will receive a 1099 at the end of the year. This is only 1 county in NC. He said probably 20% of those 1099 were sent to a false social security number, and The IRS does not have the man power to track down those using false numbers.
It is a shame that a law abiding citizen like myself ;), that tries to be honest with the IRS, has to go through the scrutiny that I endured, when they should be going after the ones with the false numbers. We as buisness owners are informed by the IRS when a 1099 comes back with a false social security number. It is our responsibility th turn in those who are using these numbers.
I can tell you that when someone mentions "IMMIGRATION" in these parts, it becomes a ghost town. There were a few buisnesses that told their imployees if they did not show up for work yesterday then they would not have a job today. My feelings are GOOD FOR THEM!
  Yes most of us  all are decendents of immigrants, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, from people who earned their citizenship.
  Sorry to ramble on. This only touches the tip of the iceburg with me.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »

I fully agree.  If the American economy just can't operate without them, then set up a regulated guest worker system, and stop rewarding law breakers.  Throw them in jail and deport them, and maybe the folks in Mexico will think twice about entering illegally.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 11:34:31 AM »

And to tell you the truth brothers I for one I'm kinda broke right now from paying all the daily school problems and taxes from every angle, to be handing more of my tax dollar to people that sneak into this country in the dark, hidden away in a trunk, only to emerge [highlight]as what [/highlight]our [highlight]equals[/highlight] in rights that we had to go through all of what we did to get them!!
If you want to be here do it the right way!!
The following is for those who sneak in not those who are here with approval!!
    Here's a thought, --Just came across the border did you? You must be tired from that long ride in the trunk! Let me feed you, and when your done, here's a nice house you can have free of charge, and when you want to start work just pick any profession you want.. presto.. here's your licence to do it..NO NO you don't need to go through the classes that our born and raised citizens had to!! your our special guests!! BTW here's a F/C drivers licences as well.. again don't worry about the classes -- your special!! My own children are having a tough time getting their dreams started-but hey who gives a good rats chit about them, they've had it easy all this time living off the fat of the land so to speak ( you know the fat lazy Americans that they think were are) cause who's going to do the work they do?? WTF is that thinking!!!!  But know we have to say-Well your here now, I guess well have to just make room for you, and maybe our kids won't mind giving up their possible jobs that they were going to do, to make it through the college that you folks don't need to go through. And then on top of that we now have to give you people medical and dental as well I'm sure!!
Is there no end to what we have to put up with??
1 more thought here-- so when this blessed day that you think may come, happens-
Will you still be doing this work that us FAT, LAZY AMERICANS won't do - for the same pay? Or are you then going to demand that you get the MINIMUM wages that we need?

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 12:18:04 PM »

Yep, unless Native American, we're all descended from immigrants - immigrants who came here to become AMERICANS, speak English, pay their own way and have their allegiance HERE not back home.  I heard Dr. Laura on the way in today.  She suggested that if their government is so bad and can't provide a decent economy that they have a little revolution and get their chit together.  Then they won't need to come here for all the goodies us hardworking taxpayers provide them thanks to our noble, goodhearted, spineless politicians.  I'm all for anyone who want to come here leagally and assimilate into our culture to do so.  But many of these folks have no desire to do that.  They're here for the goodies but their heart is back home.  When we are disrespected like this I just get p o'd.  There, I feel better now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 12:22:18 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 12:37:30 PM »

Yep, unless Native American, we're all descended from immigrants - immigrants who came here to become AMERICANS, speak English, pay their own way and have their allegiance HERE not back home.  I heard Dr. Laura on the way in today.  She suggested that if their government is so bad and can't provide a decent economy that they have a little revolution and get their chit together.  Then they won't need to come here for all the goodies us hardworking taxpayers provide them thanks to our noble, goodhearted, spineless politicians.  I'm all for anyone who want to come here leagally and assimilate into our culture to do so.  But many of these folks have no desire to do that.  They're here for the goodies but their heart is back home.  When we are disrespected like this I just get p o'd.  There, I feel better now.

SPINELESS POLITICIANS??????? I could not have said it any better. Why are they trying to help them anyway?????? THEY CAN'T VOTE!!!!! Send them back home. Our economy will make the adjustment. The rich business owners are the ones that will suffer and they should!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

SPINELESS POLITICIANS??????? I could not have said it any better. Why are they trying to help them anyway?????? THEY CAN'T VOTE!!!!! Send them back home. Our economy will make the adjustment. [highlight]The rich business owners are the ones that will suffer and they should![/highlight]
Be Safe

THE DAWG
Got that chit straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 01:57:24 PM »

This whole thing really makes my blood boil. I am not against immigration, I am all for doing it legally.  As others have said unless your an American Indian we are all immigrants.

All are welcome here since the founding of this great country. Come here legally, learn the language, work, pay taxes and live long and prosper. Those who do not want to do it this way should get the F*$K out!

This item and the Anthem being sung in Spanish really sucks. I can't believe the direction that this country is going.  :'(

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 02:03:51 PM »

I agree with you Dude.And beleive it or not most european countries teach english mandatory in their curriculum.I think immigrants should try to learn the language and we shouldn't baby them by making everything"multi-lingual"Learn it or don't function in every day society.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 02:05:16 PM »

This whole thing really makes my blood boil. I am not against immigration, I am all for doing it legally.  As others have said unless your an American Indian we are all immigrants.

All are welcome here since the founding of this great country. Come here legally, learn the language, work, pay taxes and live long and prosper. Those who do not want to do it this way should get the F*$K out!

This item and the Anthem being sung in Spanish really sucks. I can't believe the direction that this country is going.  :'(

You can blame it on the political system. The rich business owners are padding the pockets of this countrys politicians. I don't trust any of them period!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.