Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Immigrant Strike  (Read 12167 times)

byronrb

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 06 ultra
    • CVO2: 05 fatboy
Re: Immigrant Strike
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2006, 06:20:28 PM »

DC, if you come out to cali sometime, look me up, we'll have a couple [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] and laugh about this.
still your riding brother, Byron
2005 se  fatboy       2006 se  ultra

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2006, 08:15:08 AM »

It got so bad that this industry (property management) now runs background checks on each emplyee applicant.  It's not mandatory for employers to do it but I think that most in our industry do it now......along with drug testing.  It's all just normal protcol now.

Good point JCZ, this is why I feel we need some laws changed. Most of the large corperations do this but like you said it is not mandatory. That opens the door to the small businesses to hire illegals.

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »

Good point JCZ, this is why I feel we need some laws changed. Most of the large corperations do this but like you said it is not mandatory. That opens the door to the small businesses to hire illegals.

I agree that many small businesses hire these illegals,  I did it not knowing any better back when I started my first business 15 years ago.  If employers are going to get penalized, then I believe all those who hire illegals for gardening, housekeeping, babysitting, plumbing and all other construction trades without the proper licenses should also be held accountable.  This is an impossible task but, just imagine how much revenue could be generated by the local and federal governments.  It sure could fund a growing number of inspectors as long as their not willing to get paid off like some unscrupulous gov. EEs can get. I know this is a whole topic in itself.

Just my .02

Yellowsedeuce

cigarmike

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »

Yesderday, I went to the Home Depot, there are a bunch of laborers who wait just inside the parking lot for contractors to pick them up for jobs....I never hire any illegals...but yesderday I decided to drive up to them, they all ran up to my truck, I asked "who speaks English"...a few said "ME ME !". I told them to tell the others who dont speak english to take another day off along with themselves, as the strike day didnt work , and now get the F*** away from my truck. Being the nice guy that I am, I also threw in a "Happy Cinco de Mayo"  
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 02:30:11 PM by cigarmike »

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »

Mike you sound a little disgruntled ;D But I share the same sentiments. My only deal is that I hire legal sub-contractors who provide me with liability and workers comp certificates but I can't be sure if all their employees are legal. Thats the extent of what I do to try to curb the flow of illegals. If anyone has any suggestions LMK.Later.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2006, 10:52:47 AM »

Yesderday, I went to the Home Depot, there are a bunch of laborers who wait just inside the parking lot for contractors to pick them up for jobs....I never hire any illegals...but yesderday I decided to drive up to them, they all ran up to my truck, I asked "who speaks English"...a few said "ME ME !". I told them to tell the others who dont speak english to take another day off along with themselves, as the strike day didnt work , and now get the F*** away from my truck. Being the nice guy that I am, I also threw in a "Happy Cinco de Mayo"  

Good one, Mike.

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2006, 08:52:18 PM »

Homeland Security my arse! The doors are wide open. The more that comes to light the worse it gets. Seen a show about Oregon one State Police guy for the whole coast. Think they said there was only 20 in the whole State.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2006, 06:17:11 AM »

I sense the frustration of all of us.  That happens when we all feel helpless to right something so obviously broken.  We all admit we need imigration.  Most of us are only a few generations removed from that status.

But we are a nation of laws. The hard part of this from the prez on down is we all look the other way.  Have been doing so for years.  I freely admit that in NC, I always figured it to be a border state issue.  NOT MY PROBLEM.  Now I look around and we have the problem here.  Now I have been awakened.

Many parts of the problem have already been mentioned.  Our current laws address all of them.  BUT THEY ARE NOT ENFORCED.  There is no point in making new laws that we do not enforce.  The police catch illegals doing crime, and after processing them, let them go.  ICE did a raid last week in Charlotte, arresting about 50 illegals, then let them go. Gave them a court date in Atlanta next month.  HA, I'm sure they will all show up with their attorneys.  Companies are selectively audited and even then their hands tied. Way too much PC.

So if you think the problem is the Mexicans, you have not looked carefully enough.  The problem is US.  We can't say Get the business guy!  Get the Police!  Get the Border Patrol!  Get the government!  Its all of them, and us too.

We have to get the national will to fix this.  At this point as much as I would wish it, I don't believe it.

I can't speak Spanish yet, but I spect I better learn.

Viva La Harley!

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2006, 06:42:46 AM »

I can't speak Spanish yet, but I spect I better learn.

Here is enough to get you in trouble:
Dos Cerveza por favor
?Donde' esta' las chicas bonitas?
and
?Que' Carajo?  

Not sure of this last one, never saw it spelled out!  Supposed to mean WTF?  it was pronounced to me as:
Kay  Ka-Rah-Ho    ....roll the R!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:58:06 AM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2006, 08:19:32 AM »

Here is enough to get you in trouble:
Dos Cerveza por favor
?Donde' esta' las chicas bonitas?
and
?Que' Carajo?  

Not sure of this last one, never saw it spelled out!  Supposed to mean WTF?  it was pronounced to me as:
Kay  Ka-Rah-Ho    ....roll the R!

let me see how my broken spanish is,

you would like 2 beers
and want to know were the women are?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2006, 08:33:12 AM »

let me see how my broken spanish is,

you would like 2 beers
and want to know were the women are?

PRETTY women!

Or in Columbia...where can a sailor find a good time...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2006, 09:00:06 AM »

I think what he meant to say was "Where the ho's at?"
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2006, 09:28:26 AM »

Hey, this Spanish thing ain't gonna be so bad after all!  ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2006, 09:55:01 AM »

I think what he meant to say was "Where the ho's at?"

donde esta la "punta"  

kinda lets em know you're not looking for the Virgin Mary
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 22 queries.