Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590687 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1830 on: April 18, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »

Yea, everyone( that can)  should be formally instructed on how to ride a motorcycle before they can drive a car, most say a riders edge course makes them better automobile operators..jussayin..

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1831 on: April 18, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »

Here in NC we actually have some middle and high schools that have shooting teams. Bows, pistols and rifles! OMG kids with guns, LOL its really not a big deal unless you have no idea what you are doing! :D

BigLew

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #1832 on: April 18, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »

I'm totally against anyone having CCP. It's our God Given, and constitutional right. Why should I need a permit to protect myself?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #1833 on: April 18, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »

I'm totally against anyone having CCP. It's our God Given, and constitutional right. Why should I need a permit to protect myself?

I'm totally against Ken having a shotgun.  I saw the pictures of what you did to that poor defensless washer when it pissed you off... :rifle:

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1834 on: April 18, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »

That is your right to have an opinion. But I don't want criminals to be able to hide a gun!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #1835 on: April 18, 2012, 05:40:20 PM »

I'm totally against Ken having a shotgun.  I saw the pictures of what you did to that poor defensless washer when it pissed you off... :rifle:

I have nothing funny to add to that post.  ;D

That is your right to have an opinion. But I don't want criminals to be able to hide a gun!

I'd be interested in hearing how you'd stop criminals from hiding a gun.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1836 on: April 18, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

That's easy enforce the existing law.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #1837 on: April 18, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1838 on: April 18, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »

When you see that pig fly, take a picture... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #1839 on: April 18, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »

WOW. NC requires 10 hrs of class and 50 rounds fired on the range at various targets.

WOW  :nixweiss: Ohio requires 12 hrs.  The amount of rounds shot to qualify depend on the instructor.  My instructor required 150 rounds fired at targets from different distance's.  Very informative class that was taught by a seasoned police officer.  I guess I got lucky.  :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1840 on: April 18, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »

I wonder what the statistics are for those who get shot by bad guys because the person did not know how to use the gun, or was afraid to, etc, and their own gun got taken away from them and used by the bad guy to shoot them?  You don't see those kinds of stats, but I'd bet there are significant numbers where that is the case.  My opinion is that people should have SOME kind of training, or demonstrate some knowlege, in how to properly handle a potentially deadly weapon.  Times are different than when some of us grew up...I learned gun safety from my Grandfather, and he was serious about it.  But there are MILLIONS of people who haven't got a clue.  It wouldn't hurt anything for them to learn some fundamentals...how best to do that?  That's a complicated proposition.

The argument about "well, if they killed the people with an axe, does that mean we should outlaw axes?" is really not a rational argument FOR gun ownership.  There is one fundamental purpose for firearms, no matter what kind:  To Kill Living Things.  All other purposes are just layers added on.  Yes, it is fun to shoot cans, bottles, watermelons, targets, etc...it is fun for some people to shoot in competitions.  All those things do not supercede the fundamental purpose.

I am NOT pro gun control.  I don't understand why somebody really needs a 50 mm rifle, but if that blows their skirt up, and they have a few thousand dollars to spend on it, they can own it.  If a co-worker of mine in a large office goes nuts for whatever reason and decides he/she wants to off his boss and several other folks for whatever perceived reason(s), I'd a hell of a lot rather take my chances with them walking in with an axe in their hands than walking up to me and pulling a gun out of their pocket and ending my life in a fraction of a second.  I would likely have an opportunity to dodge the axe, knife, pick axe, baseball bat, etc.  If a person points a gun at me and pulls the trigger...I'm very likely to at least get injured.  The fundamental purpose of all those other objects is not to kill living things, though they can do so in the right (wrong) situation.

So, all of those dogs won't hunt.  The fact is that the majority of people in this country think it's our right to own guns, and I happen to be one of them.  But, in supporting that, I am also very much aware that people that should not have guns are going to have them, because they can.  That includes criminals.  But, please do not support your position against gun control by making statements comparing guns to any other object.  It ain't logical, and it has the opposite effect.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #1841 on: April 19, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »

On a side note, to get a concealed weapons permit in Georgia is ridiculously easy. I recently moved here from Florida and changed residency so I needed to get a permit for Georgia. It consists of going to the probate court of your county, filling out a photocopied application and getting your fingerprints recorded at a local police department for a background check. In a couple of short weeks you get a laminated 3 x 4 piece of paper stating you are now legal to carry a concealed weapon. On the back it even states in bold black letters "GEORGIA CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT" if there was any doubt. That's right. No classes, no pictures, no proof of any firearm knowledge.
Trust, but verify.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1842 on: April 19, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »

If certain communities in the US determine that they will outlaw guns, in spite of our Second Amendment, they will do so & they have.  If they determined to outlaw other rights given to us by God & protected by the  limitations the US constitution has placed on government interference in those God given rights, then based on what they have done regarding the Second amendment & guns, they can do that as well.  Certain US university campuses & Freedom of Speech restricted/forbidden comes to mind here.  There are other examples. That all are unconstitutional does not prevent them from trying.  Tyranny requires those willing to be subjected to tyrants, at the first anyway. Later on, when the tyrants are in full control, the populace is too weak to do much about it.

Our society is no longer based on agronomics, and the majority of our population no longer live in rural areas.  That is understood.  But that alone should not limit the rights of us as citizens, yet it has & is used conveniently as an excuse by any (especially certain politicians) who choose to limit our rights for reasons they see fit.

If I choose to own a gun, or carry a gun, where I live it is fairly easy to do so.  Certain folks are prohibited since they are felons or freaking crazy/nuts or too young - am ok with that.  Certain areas - court rooms, etc. - guns are not allowed - ok with that for the most part. But when I am breaking the law by possessing a gun when I cross a certain state line or into a community that has decided to allow the tyrannical to over rule the constitution, I am not ok with that.

Gun & ammo sales continue to be very strong - one sector of our economy that is thriving.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:11:10 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #1843 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:11 PM »

If certain communities in the US determine that they will outlaw guns, in spite of our Second Amendment, they will do so & they have.  If they determined to outlaw other rights given to us by God & protected by the  limitations the US constitution has placed on government interference in those God given rights, then based on what they have done regarding the Second amendment & guns, they can do that as well.  Certain US university campuses & Freedom of Speech restricted/forbidden comes to mind here.  There are other examples. That all are unconstitutional does not prevent them from trying.  Tyranny requires those willing to be subjected to tyrants, at the first anyway. Later on, when the tyrants are in full control, the populace is too weak to do much about it.

Our society is no longer based on agronomics, and the majority of our population no longer live in rural areas.  That is understood.  But that alone should not limit the rights of us as citizens, yet it has & is used conveniently as an excuse by any (especially certain politicians) who choose to limit our rights for reasons they see fit.

If I choose to own a gun, or carry a gun, where I live it is fairly easy to do so.  Certain folks are prohibited since they are felons or freaking crazy/nuts or too young - am ok with that.  Certain areas - court rooms, etc. - guns are not allowed - ok with that for the most part. But when I am breaking the law by possessing a gun when I cross a certain state line or into a community that has decided to allow the tyrannical to over rule the constitution, I am not ok with that.

Gun & ammo sales continue to be very strong - one sector of our economy that is thriving.

Agreed 100%.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #1844 on: April 19, 2012, 12:12:39 PM »

On a side note, to get a concealed weapons permit in Georgia is ridiculously easy.

It is even easier in Vermont and we allow all out of state'ers to partake too.  Just don't use it for self-defense or you will end up sharing a room with someone named Billy Bob for a very long time...

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 201

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 21 queries.