Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590727 times)

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2190 on: January 18, 2013, 09:51:45 PM »

yes, a very nice piece. Also not available in MA however. 

You need to move!  8)
Spada84
NoSofa!

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #2191 on: January 19, 2013, 03:30:38 PM »

Just picked up a Ruger SR1911 Commander. Can't wait to pick it up!!!
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #2192 on: January 22, 2013, 06:57:55 PM »

Glock 30 .45
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2193 on: January 22, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

I haven’t looked at this piece in ages, so I thought that I would be a good time to pull it out, dust it off and get re-acquainted with it. This is a circa 1975 Model 29-2, that I received in 1984, as partial payment for a stroker build on a 1982 FXRS. The Safariland shoulder rig also came with the gun.

Being a person that likes modified big bore stuff, I found this thing is irresistible; although like a big inch, fat tire machine, the balance between form and function appears to favor its form…that’s ok, though. If you can’t manage enough control to hit the predator with one of the six rounds, the racket this thing makes should be enough to stun him or her long enough for you to walk over and beat them to death with it; she’s no friggin’ featherweight!

The external mods include a shortened 2.75”, magnaported barrel; “bobbed” hammer spur; ivory inlay rear sight; shotgun bead front sight; Parkerized frame; rosewood grips. Additionally, the yoke was modified with a ball detent mechanism. It seems to me that it would have been easier to have modified a 3” M-29; although that may not have worked out in the original plan for the gun…hard to say at this point.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2194 on: January 22, 2013, 07:33:21 PM »

All of my big bore handguns were wheel guns, so in the late 1980’s, just before I put the guns and hand-loading equipment away, I picked-up this 1911 stainless Government Model .45 ACP. With the exception of the occasional fondling session, like this one, this piece has been sitting new in the box for 25 years.

In the last few years I’ve started shooting again, and I hope to make time to play with some of my old iron, and maybe pickup a new piece or two.

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2195 on: January 22, 2013, 08:21:33 PM »

Da JUDGE ...................  ;)
John
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:29:40 PM by johnsachs »

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #2196 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »

Da JUDGE ...................  ;)
John
That .410's got a kick to it!! Bad news at close range!!

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
Re: Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2197 on: January 23, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

I put about 4 hundred rounds thru my Sig p938 and was very please.  Very happy that I got this one over the p238.  Love it, now just have to make it to my conceal carry class.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2198 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »

That .410's got a kick to it!! Bad news at close range!!

It's not as bad as you think.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Kent

« Reply #2199 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »

YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2200 on: January 27, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »

I've been following this topic for a while and learned lots of good info. I'm looking at a Sig P238 and options for concealed carry. For those who carry, what's your preferred location... pocket, ankle, IWB? I'm kind of leaning toward pocket carry with something like a Uncle Mike's holster.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2201 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »

I've been following this topic for a while and learned lots of good info. I'm looking at a Sig P238 and options for concealed carry. For those who carry, what's your preferred location... pocket, ankle, IWB? I'm kind of leaning toward pocket carry with something like a Uncle Mike's holster.
Whatever is comfortable to/for you and you will consistently wear. The main/most important thing is it is easy to access, is consistently in the same location so you don't have to think about whether it is in this place or that. Next is practice, practice, practice drawing, aiming, and firing. And if you really want a challenge try some night shooting... you will really appreciate night sights after that.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2202 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »

My brother Gordy picked up two very nice oldies yesterday from an older retired AF military gent he meet at a VFW function.  First was Remington Rand 45 1911 in pristine condition.  Looks to be a comshawed military issue and maybe to the gent he purchased from.  He got this find piece with two magazines, extra barelle (new in greased wax papper sheet) and 10 boxes of military issue 45 ACP for $500.. What a steel that was,, google searches checks this one as high as $2500..  :2vrolijk_21:  Next is a  Winchester 1885 Sporter 45/70 riffle.  The rifle is beautiful especially the burl wood stock.   The owner stowed this in a leather pouch and this caused some minor pitting on blueing on top portion of rifle. We dont know much about this rifle still researching ..  He got this one for $300..  Wow.... Two awesome deals.  The old fart told my brother that his days are numbered and he simply wanted to get his small collection to someone that would appreciate them.. Well, my brother Gordy is mighty proud and he'll take good care of these two fine pieces.   

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2203 on: January 27, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »

My brother Gordy picked up two very nice oldies yesterday from an older retired AF military gent he meet at a VFW function.  The old fart told my brother that his days are numbered and he simply wanted to get his small collection to someone that would appreciate them.. Well, my brother Gordy is mighty proud and he'll take good care of these two fine pieces.   

I'm sure that "old fart" served our country in his day. I would thank him for his time, effort and dedication to our country. I would be proud to own those guns because of who owned them in addition to the model they are. Just my honest opinion. Congrats on the acquisition.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #2204 on: January 27, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »

Whatever is comfortable to/for you and you will consistently wear. The main/most important thing is it is easy to access, is consistently in the same location so you don't have to think about whether it is in this place or that. Next is practice, practice, practice drawing, aiming, and firing. And if you really want a challenge try some night shooting... you will really appreciate night sights after that.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Well said  :2vrolijk_21: EVERYTHING!   If you have to think about it... It's to LATE   

Practice  alot (different scenarios,even drawing from the ground in case your attacked from behind)

It's all muscle memory, Do it alot  and practice often  ;)   BTW  when practicing falling and drawing

Make SURE weapon is NOT loaded  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.