Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590705 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2220 on: January 29, 2013, 09:14:05 AM »

Anyone had any experience with a H&K P30(L) in 9MM??  Other than they cost a lot.

YES, $800 but its a fantastic gun.  IMO, I think its a little heavy and the grip is too large to use as a concealed carry weapon.  I like to use an inside the pants holster, I bought a S&W Shield and a Walther 380 for comfortable concealed carry.  I just think the P30 is a little bulky for that, but then again, if you use a belt holster it may work.  Either way, great gun, great balance, love the grip options, never jammed, never had any issues.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2221 on: January 29, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »

Nothing special, but just bought a Ruger SR40C, was going to shoot last weekend but something came up, try again this weekend, waiting for my Black Hawk Serpa holster, not sure what I'll get for a carry holster yet.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2222 on: January 29, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »

This is what I use for the C3.  Brigade Leather M-11 Custom

That is a SWEET holster!!! I have been on a waiting list for almost a year for one. I think it's gettin close  :nixweiss:

If you admire quality workmanship, it's worth the wait.  I don't think I've ever seen more meticulous work and quality materials.  I've got the matching IWB spare magazine (single) carrier too.  I lucked out and caught him during a slow time a couple of years ago and got mine in about 3 months.  He stays covered up with work...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

BakedInMN

• Junior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE
« Reply #2223 on: January 29, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »

Anyone had any experience with a H&K P30(L) in 9MM??  Other than they cost a lot.

I don't have that particular model of H&K, but I do own three different H&Ks. All are EXTREMELY accurate and well worth the extra coin. I don't think you could go wrong with any H&K.
My current stable:
1972 FLH Shovelhead
2003 FXSD 100th Anniversary Blue
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
2014 FXSBSE Molten Cobalt

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #2224 on: January 29, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »

I added a Screamin Eagle touch to my little magnum...........
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2225 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »

Another blast from the past is this Pre ‘77 S&W M66. External mods are a magnaported barrel, tritium night sights, which are now dead of course, and a set of custom grips.

The night sights were pretty damn trick in their day; just like that clean low mileage ’76 FXE in the garage…sucks to get old!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2226 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:25 PM »

Another blast from the past is this Pre ‘77 S&W M66. External mods are a magnaported barrel, tritium night sights, which are now dead of course, and a set of custom grips.

The night sights were pretty damn trick in their day; just like that clean low mileage ’76 FXE in the garage…sucks to get old!

Nice!!!    :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2227 on: January 30, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »

Just purchased a 25 cal Colt Auto from a relative and went to my local Sportsman Warehouse to purchase some .25 rounds. It's been about 3 weeks since I was last there and within those 3 weeks Sportsman Warehouse became bone dry on particularly every ammo round with exception of some Hot Hunting rounds. And whatever they do have in stock, cost has Trippled. They had plenty of reloaders on shelves but short on bullets needed to complete a round. In talking with one of the floor mangers about this shortage, he said they are now bone dry on ammo and they have no idea when normal ammo flow will begin because our government now has priority on future ammo purchases. What?? I ask!, he responded, go home and Google "government purchasing ammo" .   OK I did...    And it seems he is 100% correct. - I don't want to start a rant on this subject but I do suggest you Google what I did...  Please keep opinions off this board as it will get nicked real quick, but just read what you Google and stay informed.    :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:54:49 AM by cvobiker »

willymax4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2228 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2229 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »

Just purchased a 25 cal Colt Auto from a relative and went to my local Sportsman Warehouse to purchase some .25 rounds. It's been about 3 weeks since I was last there and within those 3 weeks Sportsman Warehouse became bone dry on particularly every ammo round with exception of some Hot Hunting rounds. And whatever they do have in stock, cost has Trippled. They had plenty of reloaders on shelves but short on bullets needed to complete a round. In talking with one of the floor mangers about this shortage, he said they are now bone dry on ammo and they have no idea when normal ammo flow will begin because our government now has priority on future ammo purchases. What?? I ask!, he responded, go home and Google "government purchasing ammo" .   OK I did...    And it seems he is 100% correct. - I don't want to start a rant on this subject but I do suggest you Google what I did...  Please keep opinions off this board as it will get nicked real quick, but just read what you Google and stay informed.    :2vrolijk_21:

Prices have definitely gone up, but I believe it is strictly due to demand from consumers. I did google the gov't purchase and most recent hit was an Alex Jones rant...
I don't think that his claims have anything to do with availability and pricing. People have been panic buying since the tragedy in Aurora out of fear in changes to legislation that would limit future purchases. The cost of ammo has consistently gone upward from that point at a higher rate as availability has gone down. Supply and demand. Colt AR's going for $3200, Bushmasters for $2800. All of it has gone through the roof.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #2230 on: January 30, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »

it's a joke I would never buy a gun at this time pricing is way too high wait it out and there will be a lot of people sell the guns cheap when they need cash.
DND

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #2231 on: January 30, 2013, 05:31:57 PM »

it's a joke I would never buy a gun at this time pricing is way too high wait it out and there will be a lot of people sell the guns cheap when they need cash.

I agree   :2vrolijk_21:   Wait for a nice Ex-wife of a Doomsday prepper to sell all HIS chit (cheap)   ;)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2232 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:22 AM »

Here ya go.. Picked this up un-reg for $100 from a relative. I believe this one is around 40 yrs.  this one will go on my carry list.  Looking for an ankle holster now.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2233 on: February 01, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »

Da JUDGE ...................  ;)
John

1 up - The Guv'ner.........

It's not as bad as you think.

This one is not really a one hander - too much kick, too little grip
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2234 on: February 01, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

This was my first new gun purchase. I bought it in 1975 and it is still my favorite wheel gun. It’s not something that you are going to stuff in your waistband, but it’s the easiest handgun to shoot that I own.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 201

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.