Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590743 times)

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2535 on: November 30, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »

Just a reminder....    For all of us that carry on bikes.     Always practice shooting with  your left hand as much as your right
     It's   Hard to roll the throttle and shoot!   ;)      Hopefully  your never in that position. 

That's  life in the Big Motor City!   :coolblue:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2536 on: November 30, 2014, 05:36:28 PM »

Just a reminder....    For all of us that carry on bikes.     Always practice shooting with  your left hand as much as your right
     It's   Hard to roll the throttle and shoot!   ;)      Hopefully  your never in that position. 

That's  life in the Big Motor City!   :coolblue:
Most defense/survival instructors emphasize to either 'shoot' or 'drive' .....I'm thinking that applies even more to riding.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #2537 on: November 30, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »

Most defense/survival instructors emphasize to either 'shoot' or 'drive' .....I'm thinking that applies even more to riding.  spyder

Do  what ever you want.   Should still practice with each hand.     When the Chit hits the fan.... Living is all that Applies  :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2538 on: November 30, 2014, 06:00:50 PM »

Do  what ever you want.   Should still practice with each hand.     When the Chit hits the fan.... Living is all that Applies  :nixweiss:
I agree that you should practice w/both hands and it is part of qualifications for most LEO's... however I think shooting while riding/driving isn't the best thing as it would/could involve a significant amount of collateral damage. If you are able to drive away from a situation and provide yourself w/a good defensive position (behind something solid that will stop/contain a round coming your way) you will have a better ability to survive the encounter. Part of Motor Officer training is to lay their bike down and assume a defensive position behind it if they have to be involved in a gun battle.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2539 on: November 30, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »

Part of Motor Officer training is to lay their bike down and assume a defensive position behind it if they have to be involved in a gun battle.

Yikes - think I'll try to avoid that d00d... I practice with both hands, but never really planned to shoot while riding the bike.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2540 on: November 30, 2014, 07:42:50 PM »

Yikes - think I'll try to avoid that d00d... I practice with both hands, but never really planned to shoot while riding the bike.
Most of us would on our own bikes... you're not alone.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2541 on: November 30, 2014, 11:45:32 PM »

Shooting while mounted just sent chills down my back!
In CA I'm responsible for every round that leaves the barrel. So I would be reluctant to fire while moving.
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2542 on: December 04, 2014, 08:04:28 AM »

I have been carrying my Kimber CDP Ultra for years, or my Bear Stinger in the winter.

Yesterday I just got a new carry once I get enough rounds though it.  I had  been wanting something smaller for summer on the bike.

SIG P938, SAS model.  Need to get a few hundred rounds though it so I am comfortable with it.  Style and operation is very similar to a 1911 is why this is what I wanted.  Wife has it in a P238, which has been 100% reliable.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2543 on: December 04, 2014, 08:20:24 AM »

SIG P938, SAS model.  Need to get a few hundred rounds though it so I am comfortable with it.  Style and operation is very similar to a 1911 is why this is what I wanted.  Wife has it in a P238, which has been 100% reliable.

I like the Sig models. I was traveling yesterday so stopped at the Sig pro shop/academy in Epping, New Hampshire. They have every model hand gun and long-arm on display - interesting to check out although not all are available to purchase. I have a full sized Sig 1911 and have been checking into some smaller models for carry. Hard to made a decision with so many choices available but all would work...   

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #2544 on: December 04, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »

currently a P90 Ruger 45, looking at the S&W Sheild 9mm, and a Glock 42. anyone have any opinions on the sheild 9mm looking at it as an backup to the 45 on trips, but useful as an everyday carry also. like the feel of it and weight of it. the glock is just cute and for the wife mostly "hahaha" any excuse to by two toys
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2545 on: December 04, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »

smkblwr,
Since you are already have a .45 I would stay with that caliber for self defense and if you feel you need something more compact check out the Glock model 36. It is a single stack small .45 , so easy to carry and it will work for self defense beautifully.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2546 on: December 04, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »

Lots of unrealistic scenarios here. Fact is that most can't shot well enough to guarantee a hit standing still.  Cops included.

ALL CCW classes / tests are substandard and not what you need to carry.

Most people including cops shot inocent bystanders because they live in a fantasy world and when the stuff hits the fan they don't have proper training.

I am all for CCW but get some real training. Not from some idiot at the local gun range

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #2547 on: December 05, 2014, 11:28:46 PM »

I am all for CCW but get some real training. Not from some idiot at the local gun range

I agree... :2vrolijk_21:

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #2548 on: December 07, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »

My question is this...

Do people miss in actual shootings due to lack of practice OR lack of focus or lack of will???

I have seen MANY shooters go 90%+ on clays in a miriad of situations and actually only hit 10% of birds in the field. I have seen shooters that can't hit 50% clays do 90%+ on birds...

I have seen identical problems and results with pheasants, quail, ducks, geese etc etc etc... Taking life of any kind takes FOCUS and WILL!

I have trained my kids satisfactorily about rifle shooting but extraordinarily about mindset and discipline. Neither really amazed me with 1 shot kills on dear offhand at 75 and 95 yards... The shot really isn't that hard on a walking or loping deer or elk. Large target relatively close. A lack of will or focus is really the deciding factor.

Same thing with shooting pistols, running deer, running elk, running coyotes, bear, cougars and actual shootings.....

Practice with out the proper mindset AND the WILL to follow through is pointless!
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #2549 on: December 07, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »

My question is this...

Do people miss in actual shootings due to lack of practice OR lack of focus or lack of will???

I have seen MANY shooters go 90%+ on clays in a miriad of situations and actually only hit 10% of birds in the field. I have seen shooters that can't hit 50% clays do 90%+ on birds...

I have seen identical problems and results with pheasants, quail, ducks, geese etc etc etc... Taking life of any kind takes FOCUS and WILL!

I have trained my kids satisfactorily about rifle shooting but extraordinarily about mindset and discipline. Neither really amazed me with 1 shot kills on dear offhand at 75 and 95 yards... The shot really isn't that hard on a walking or loping deer or elk. Large target relatively close. A lack of will or focus is really the deciding factor.

Same thing with shooting pistols, running deer, running elk, running coyotes, bear, cougars and actual shootings.....

Practice with out the proper mindset AND the WILL to follow through is pointless!
very well said!! I know you already know the answer to your question. be interesting to hear from a different mindset. 
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 201

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 21 queries.