Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590718 times)

Bigfoot16

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic SE
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2685 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »

Just wondering----I've been carrying a Glock 26 IWB for 5+ yrs and like it. But even with this small gun it slides my pants down and I have to keep "hiking them up".   How do you guys carry a 1911 without your pants fallling off.  My body size ain't pretty----I'm top heavy and my belt disappears when it's cinched up. No ass either to hold things up. Anyone else have this problem?

I carry a 4" Dan Wesson in a Brommeland IWB. A good belt keeps everything in place.
[img] C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\dragon.png

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2686 on: February 11, 2015, 08:45:13 AM »

A good belt keeps everything in place.

Indeed - a good belt is important, especially with a heavier weapon like a 1911. I've been purchasing horse hide gun belts from the Belt Man in No. Carolina and think they are the best I've tried for this purpose. These belts support a 1911 well in a IWB CrossBreed holster or more conventional OWB holster. 

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2687 on: February 15, 2015, 01:55:21 AM »

...and hopefully no shot up personal body parts...
Carry I a shoulder rig so I'm good
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2688 on: February 15, 2015, 08:06:09 AM »

Gun Control Exposed.

Ha! I live just outside of St. Louis proper and nearly every morning on the news is a rundown of the prior evenings murders. It has become our little joke to try and guess the location before they say it. Funny thing is we are right almost always.

When you do a quick google search of the STL murder rate and locations you will see that 99% are in the the highest overall crime areas of the city. Yeah, you guessed it, The Hood.

Guns aren't the problem for human beings. Guns are a problem for the cockroaches.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2689 on: February 15, 2015, 10:39:28 AM »

:confused5:
I've considered taking the necessary class and getting a CCW permit here in No. Carolina.  Without me going back over all 180 pages of this post,  has anyone chatted about the alcohol "problem".

In other words,  I do enjoy stopping at the local Pub for a couple of beers and from what I have read,  it seems your azz is in big trouble if you carry and are in a bar or consume a beer or cocktail or two.

I can't believe most here are tee-totelers (non drinkers)..............so do you absolutely go by the "book" and refrain from hoisting any beers, etc.  if you are carrying or just how is that handled by most.

Meantime,  I remain reluctant to pursue the idea for that very reason. :nixweiss:   :drink:   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2690 on: February 15, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »

:confused5:
I've considered taking the necessary class and getting a CCW permit here in No. Carolina.  Without me going back over all 180 pages of this post,  has anyone chatted about the alcohol "problem".

In other words,  I do enjoy stopping at the local Pub for a couple of beers and from what I have read,  it seems your azz is in big trouble if you carry and are in a bar or consume a beer or cocktail or two.

I can't believe most here are tee-totelers (non drinkers)..............so do you absolutely go by the "book" and refrain from hoisting any beers, etc.  if you are carrying or just how is that handled by most.

Meantime,  I remain reluctant to pursue the idea for that very reason. :nixweiss:   :drink:

I would think in most states as it is in VA you can't drink alcoholic beverages while carrying  (IMHO this should be common sense for anyone that is going to carry). If caught you most likely will loose your CCW permit along with facing some jail time and being labeled as a felon. If you want/have to drink then you should leave your weapon at home. If you were to be in a situation where you had to use your weapon and it was found/determined you were under the influence it may alter/affect the  "justifiable" use of it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #2691 on: February 15, 2015, 01:01:34 PM »

I have clips for my revolver  :nixweiss:
for acp rounds

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2692 on: February 15, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #2693 on: February 17, 2015, 08:34:45 AM »

Yep.
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2695 on: April 10, 2015, 03:24:15 PM »

Just bought me a New Kimber 1911 Stainless II.  Gonna' take the 629 out of the Tour-Pak, and retire it to the Safe.  Ordered me a GALCO VHS Shoulder Rig, too.  8 wks. out!  Loaded me some 185 & 230 grain Hollow-Points.  185's oughta' go about 1100 fps, and the 230's oughta' be about 1000 fps.  Gonna' try the 230's out this evening on an old tree in the back yard, and try to go to the Range tomorrow and slay some Silhouettes.  I've never been that fond of Automatics, but obviously a lot easier to conceal and carry on Ol' Maybelle, as opposed to totin' a Hog-Leg around.  8) Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:27:21 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #2696 on: April 10, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »

Just bought me a New Kimber 1911 Stainless II.  Gonna' take the 629 out of the Tour-Pak, and retire it to the Safe.  Ordered me a GALCO VHS Shoulder Rig, too.  8 wks. out!  Loaded me some 185 & 230 grain Hollow-Points.  185's oughta' go about 1100 fps, and the 230's oughta' be about 1000 fps.  Gonna' try the 230's out this evening on an old tree in the back yard, and try to go to the Range tomorrow and slay some Silhouettes.  I've never been that fond of Automatics, but obviously a lot easier to conceal and carry on Ol' Maybelle, as opposed to totin' a Hog-Leg around.  8) Later--HUBBARD

But Carl, a hog leg is cool and shows you mean business.
I looked at a scabbard for my bike to carry my 12 gauge pump in. Just not easy to get to. Carry my 38 model 10 in my saddlebag and my 25 semiauto in a safe easy to get to place. And then there's the Ruger security six 357!

Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2697 on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »

I bought a stack of those at the gun show when I picked up my gun. First time to the range with my buddy who was also my CCW instructor he asked me why I bought them. I thought "huh?", He then promptly pulled out his stack of 9" targets (lesson learned real quick about keeping the groups in a 9" area) which happened to be a nice stack of paper plates. I'm done buying big paper targets. LOL
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2698 on: April 10, 2015, 10:02:36 PM »

I quickly scrolled down to see the 9" groups on the stack of paper plates..  :rifle:..and there was nothing but a motorcycle pic.  :nixweiss: Dang it. :confused5:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #2699 on: April 12, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »

Yes I have carried concealed since at least 1978. Texas did not get a permit for concealed until 1996(?). I carried under penal code 12:6 until 2008, when I decided to aquire my permit. I won't give the gory details but in 1998 I was forced to defend myself and then 14 year old son. Weird thing. They charged me with two counts of aggravated assualt and attempted murder but "no-billed" the case as self defense. Being afraid of prison I was somewhat relieved to say the least.

My carry choice often revolves around weather, clothing choices...ect.  I am always armed... even when in a place that says I am not allowed. The only thing that will cause me to leave my firearm behind is a metal detector and a serious desire to see a sporting event... LOL. No metal detector = carry concealed.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 201

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.