Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590706 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1245 on: September 28, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

I am going to retire this kimber for a "black gun" that won't get a beat up, as I carry everyday.
I will probably go with the kimber 45 in 3"....
Just curious, how do you like your Kimber? I am interested in buying one just like yours.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1246 on: September 28, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »

Just curious, how do you like your Kimber? I am interested in buying one just like yours.

I have a great collection of 1911 in 45acp  and shoot quite offen about once a week at a gun club that I am a member of have seen two Kimbers that will make great paper weights  the top strap of the slide have stress crackes in both of them...  a local NC police agency just recently sold their Kimbers to a police supply house and replaced them with Sigs...  this is my opinion on them they do look good  but  I like pistols that preform well....

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #1247 on: September 28, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »

Wow! Disappointed to hear this about a pistol that sells for over a grand. I know they had earlier problems with the first productions. Do you think they have addressed these concerns?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1248 on: September 28, 2011, 09:25:31 PM »

Look at the sig p250. 357 , 9mm, 40 or 45. Interchangeable barrels. Light good conceal in compact or sub

Kel tec p9 or 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #1249 on: September 30, 2011, 01:39:18 PM »

HK 45 or USP.  :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1250 on: September 30, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »

We had a discussion about Kimbers a few pages back. I'll just state in my experience, the full sized 5" pistols I have are flawless. I actually just got a TLE/RL that I've added a magwell, ambi and tactical safety, essentially creating a HD Tactical Carry (I don't dig the AL frames) and this is the best shooting 1911 I've ever experienced.

That said, I do carry a Springfield Compact Carry with CT grips, which is extremely reliable. I think the issue with Kimbers smaller 45's are the tight tolerances that can lead to FTF issues early on. I don't have a Kimber Ultra, but I'm reading reports that once you get rid of the crappy mag, and get a decent Kim-Pro Tac, Wilson, or McCormick mags, and put 500 to 1,000 round through it, you'll be fine.

While I know the Glocks and the other plastic guns are proven and reliable designs, I just can't get myself to carry one. I'm always afraid the damn thing might break when trying to crack someone's head with it, or even just dropping the damn things. I like Steel baby!   :2vrolijk_21:

2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1251 on: September 30, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »

We had a discussion about Kimbers a few pages back. I'll just state in my experience, the full sized 5" pistols I have are flawless. I actually just got a TLE/RL that I've added a magwell, ambi and tactical safety, essentially creating a HD Tactical Carry (I don't dig the AL frames) and this is the best shooting 1911 I've ever experienced.

That said, I do carry a Springfield Compact Carry with CT grips, which is extremely reliable. I think the issue with Kimbers smaller 45's are the tight tolerances that can lead to FTF issues early on. I don't have a Kimber Ultra, but I'm reading reports that once you get rid of the crappy mag, and get a decent Kim-Pro Tac, Wilson, or McCormick mags, and put 500 to 1,000 round through it, you'll be fine.

While I know the Glocks and the other plastic guns are proven and reliable designs, I just can't get myself to carry one. I'm always afraid the damn thing might break when trying to crack someone's head with it, or even just dropping the damn things. I like Steel baby!   :2vrolijk_21:

Do you practice with that light very much?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1252 on: September 30, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »

Only when it's dark. ;)

Sorry I couldn't resist. :drink: :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1253 on: September 30, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »

Only when it's dark. ;)

Sorry I couldn't resist. :drink: :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Bada-boom.  :drummer: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1254 on: September 30, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »

Bada-boom.  :drummer: har.  spyder
:2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

kravmaga

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #1255 on: October 02, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »

Legally, and with a permit.  Either a 357 mag or 44 mag Desert Eagle

Krav Maga

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1256 on: October 03, 2011, 12:09:38 AM »

The light itself, not so much as it burns through the batteries pretty quickly.  The lazer doesn't suck much juice, and I normally practice with the laser or the night sights. The x400 has  a 3 way switch, so you can run it laser only, light only, or both.  So I practice with laser only on and off to ensure it's sighted in, and on my nightstand I keep it set on both. It has a constant on or a momentary switch, which is great for the slash and move maneuver. Great light.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1257 on: October 03, 2011, 06:49:51 AM »

Nice......I'd have to train, train, train if I were to add the lazer sights & light to my weapon.  Gotta keep it simple, stupid for the effectiveness in a real fight, for me at least.  It's whatever you are proficient and comfortable with for sure.  I just keep the light next to the weapon and hope to not need either.  ;) spyder

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #1258 on: October 03, 2011, 07:09:15 AM »

The S&W Bodygaurd 38.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1259 on: October 03, 2011, 12:19:23 PM »

Nice......I'd have to train, train, train if I were to add the lazer sights & light to my weapon.  Gotta keep it simple, stupid for the effectiveness in a real fight, for me at least.  It's whatever you are proficient and comfortable with for sure.  I just keep the light next to the weapon and hope to not need either.  ;) spyder

The obvious downside to having a rail mounted light is there is a chance with any tactic that you might end up pointing a loaded weapon at a family member or innocent bystander while identifying the person. That's kind of why I like to use my trigger finger on the momentary switch for the slash and move. No doubt that having a separate flashlight is somewhat safer, but I think that the fumbling and one hand on the gun requirement tips the risk on the other side, especially if you have to clear rooms, where breaching the treshold can risk loss of the weapon in an attack. I want both hands on the weapon, drawn closely to the body, after quartering the room. It also helps to try and bounce the light off the ceiling which with a slash, can help to blur your exact position. Much easier with a railed handgun than rifle.

The bottom-line is, all the training in the world isn't going to ensure everything goes smoothly during a stressful encounter. However, with enough repetition, it does help to shift the odds in your favor. There is no 100% best way of anything, and every strategy presents compromises, so you just have to go with what works for you, and hope for the best should you ever be forced into action.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 201

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.