Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590699 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1365 on: December 09, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »

Terry, in addition to the nice 'carry-melt' treatment, I like the ball-milled front strap.  Looks great....now give us the true test of how it functions when you get it out to a range.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1366 on: December 09, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »

Terry, in addition to the nice 'carry-melt' treatment, I like the ball-milled front strap.  Looks great....now give us the true test of how it functions when you get it out to a range.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder

I'm anxious to try it out too...I've got 100 rounds of PMG's to run through it for "break in", and Hornady 90 G XTP's for a carry load.  If you can recommend a better round for carry, please do so, as I'm not "up" on all that.  Fell behind the curve a few years back.  They normally recommend 200 rounds for break in, but the SAS is supposed to be better in that regard.  Most reviews I've read from more recent times have said no problems with FTE or FTF if you're not using chitty rounds.  I'll know next week when I get to go to the indoor range.  We've only got one here, and the weekends are crowded.  Being retired has it's advantages... :2vrolijk_21:  Plus, it's located in a not so great part of town, so daylight is the only time to go there and you need to be locked and loaded when you leave.   :huepfenlol2:

While the little S&W Airlite Ti is nice, it's not very friendly to actually shoot...the recoil will hurt your hand after about 20 shots or so.  This little Sig is supposed to be nicer to you in that regard.

Now I need some kind of not so expensive 1911 style for the nightstand....recommendations that are not an arm and a leg?  All I care about is reliability for the nightstand...looks don't MAS.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:57:14 PM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1367 on: December 09, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »

I'm anxious to try it out too...I've got 100 rounds of PMG's to run through it for "break in", and Hornady 90 G XTP's for a carry load.  If you can recommend a better round for carry, please do so, as I'm not "up" on all that.  Fell behind the curve a few years back.  They normally recommend 200 rounds for break in, but the SAS is supposed to be better in that regard.  Most reviews I've read from more recent times have said no problems with FTE or FTF if you're not using chitty rounds. :2vrolijk_21:   :huepfenlol2:

Now I need some kind of not so expensive 1911 style for the nightstand....recommendations that are not an arm and a leg?  All I care about is reliability for the nightstand...looks don't MAS.
I've found the Remington 'Silver Tips' in .380 to be very reliable in all respects...much more than most out there and be sure to fire whatever you are going to be carrying to get the pistol & you used to it.  ;) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #1368 on: December 09, 2011, 09:42:32 PM »

Terry, in addition to the nice 'carry-melt' treatment, I like the ball-milled front strap.  Looks great....now give us the true test of how it functions when you get it out to a range.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder

That is one good looking piece. I'm interested to hear how it runs at the range too.

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #1369 on: December 09, 2011, 11:53:35 PM »

New aquisition today:  Sig Sauer P238 SAS   After reading several reviews on this gun, I decided I couldn't live without it.  They had some issues when first released, but now all is well.  The SAS version has supposedly been through Sig's "Custom Shop", so has been melted, and has nicer grips than the standard model.  It was only $10 more to get the SAS than the regular two tone, and it is supposed to be more snag proof in clothing.  Comes with a nice little Poly belt holster.  Nice little piece...15 oz with magazine unloaded, and fit's my small hands nicely.  Easy to conceal in a pocket.  Has night sights on it too.

Saw these at the gun show here last weekend.  Came to the same decision, but I was there to sell a few items, and not buy.  Got our "end of year" bonus today, and I have a P226 that a friend is buying.  Guess I'll be shopping for myself next week  :huepfenlol2: .
Spada84
NoSofa!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #1370 on: December 10, 2011, 12:33:17 AM »

Saw these at the gun show here last weekend.  Came to the same decision, but I was there to sell a few items, and not buy.  Got our "end of year" bonus today, and I have a P226 that a friend is buying.  Guess I'll be shopping for myself next week  :huepfenlol2: .

The Equinox (sp?) is also a damn good looking pistole...hell, even the normal two tone is a nice looking piece, without the grips and the melting.  The Equinox has fiber optics sights on the front, but not the melting...plus, it's got a different "look", being polished in places.  From what I've read all over the internet (and we all know that is gospell  :huepfenlol2:), you can't go wrong with the basic mechanism, weight, and size, so whatever model would be fine.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #1371 on: December 10, 2011, 12:37:56 AM »

Educate me, Buddy...WTF is a Ball Milled Front Strap?  The part that functions as a trigger guard?  It's Purdy, and functional, all at the same time. :huepfenlol2:

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1372 on: December 10, 2011, 07:32:33 AM »

Educate me, Buddy...WTF is a Ball Milled Front Strap?  The part that functions as a trigger guard?  It's Purdy, and functional, all at the same time. :huepfenlol2:
The vertical 'grooves' in the front of the pistol 'handle' (reciever for the magazine) that your fingers below the trigger finger wrap around.  They're one way to give addition traction for your grip, esp. good for a super small pistol.  Some custom shops use 'stippling' or file-checkering to afford the same thing on various parts of the 'gripping surfaces'.  This pistol may be the old Colt designed .380 that Sig bought the plans for and is now re-introducing....or maybe I'm thinking of another pistol.....it looks very similar to my old Colt .380, it's a good little carry package.  How much do the spare mags cost? Be sure and carry a couple all loaded up since that's one of the main advantages of a auto pistol over the revolver.   ;) :nixweiss: spyder

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #1373 on: December 10, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »

The vertical 'grooves' in the front of the pistol 'handle' (reciever for the magazine) that your fingers below the trigger finger wrap around.  They're one way to give addition traction for your grip, esp. good for a super small pistol.  Some custom shops use 'stippling' or file-checkering to afford the same thing on various parts of the 'gripping surfaces'.  This pistol may be the old Colt designed .380 that Sig bought the plans for and is now re-introducing....or maybe I'm thinking of another pistol.....it looks very similar to my old Colt .380, it's a good little carry package.  How much do the spare mags cost? Be sure and carry a couple all loaded up since that's one of the main advantages of a auto pistol over the revolver.   ;) :nixweiss: spyder

Thanks...Yes, it is the old Colt design that Sig bought some 10 years ago or so.  I've read that the old Colt magazines will fit and work in this model as well.  I ordered two Sig magazines on line for $31 each.  Sig only furnishes 1 with the gun.  The dealer here in town only had some old used Colt mags, and I was reluctant to buy them as he was asking too much, IMO.  So I opted for the Sigs and a Richie pocket holster.  I've yet to find a IWB that is comfortable to me, and this gun is small enough to comfortably reside in front or rear pocket.

TTS Mastertune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #1374 on: December 10, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »

Thanks...Yes, it is the old Colt design that Sig bought some 10 years ago or so.  I've read that the old Colt magazines will fit and work in this model as well.  I ordered two Sig magazines on line for $31 each.  Sig only furnishes 1 with the gun.  The dealer here in town only had some old used Colt mags, and I was reluctant to buy them as he was asking too much, IMO.  So I opted for the Sigs and a Richie pocket holster.  I've yet to find a IWB that is comfortable to me, and this gun is small enough to comfortably reside in front or rear pocket.
Fine looking pistol Terry. May have to Merry Christmas myself one of those. Buying "used" mags is like a box of chocolate's, you never know what your gonna get! Wouldn't trust my life on a NEW magazine without it having several rounds run through it!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1375 on: December 10, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »

A few of my 45's have the front strap checkering and I love it.  Highly recommended.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #1376 on: December 10, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »

some 185 grain standard velocity ammo will make that pistol a bit more manageable when firing.
Jesus is Lord

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #1377 on: December 11, 2011, 12:14:10 AM »

Does anyone have a solution to the problems in traveling across the northern states and diving in and out of Canada?  Is there any kind of system where you can check in your firearm, cross into Canada, and then retrieve it on the way back through? 
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1378 on: December 11, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »

The Colt and Sig mags are interchangeable, I have a couple of the Sig mags in my Colt Pocketlite that I carry. Find you some Federal Hydro Shocks to carry in the mags, this is the type of ammo law enforcement carrys in the side arm and backups. I just would NOT use HOT loads in any of these small or lite framed guns regardless of what is told too you. Unless you don't care.

DOOFUS

« Reply #1379 on: December 11, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »

Here ya go --
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 201

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.