Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590688 times)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1380 on: December 11, 2011, 07:23:59 PM »

Here ya go --

I wonder if that de-ters tailgaters?  :nixweiss:

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1381 on: December 12, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »

Does anyone have a solution to the problems in traveling across the northern states and diving in and out of Canada?  Is there any kind of system where you can check in your firearm, cross into Canada, and then retrieve it on the way back through? 

Not to my knowledge. My wifes family is out of the Parry Sound area, and handguns are totally illegal, and it's a serious crime to have one. I know that even if you have a vault in your vehicle, and the pistol is totally broken down, if they find it, you will get the book thrown at you. As such, I seriously doubt they would accommodate storing or transferring a pistol for you. I mean think about it, a pistol up there is worse than a bag of pot. Do you think they'd store or transfer pot for you?

The only possibility would be to send the pistol to an FFL in the US near the point where you will be reentering the US for good, once you're done in Canada. If you are exiting the same spot where you will be entering, just find a FFL near the border. They might only charge a few dollars storage.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #1382 on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »

Pistols are not illegal in Canada... I own a couple.

But, bringing them into Canada, moving accross Canada and back out is a problem.

I would suggest you contact the local Canadian Consulate or check the web.  Try Border Services.  They can let you know what you have to do
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1383 on: December 12, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »

Pistols are not illegal in Canada... I own a couple.

But, bringing them into Canada, moving accross Canada and back out is a problem.

I would suggest you contact the local Canadian Consulate or check the web.  Try Border Services.  They can let you know what you have to do

You are correct - I meant totally illegal for a non-citizen to possess a handgun. Even US citizens that own property up there. However, even for Canadian citizens, handguns are restricted and I think the barrels must be at least 4-1/2" and I think must be either .22 caliber or below OR larger than .32 caliber, something goofy like that. Even then, they have a long list of handguns above and beyond this that are specifically prohibited.

The point being as it relates to the OP, he cannot bring it over the boarder, period.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:10:24 PM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #1384 on: December 12, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »

I think mine will get any of my problems solved it shoots 45 long colts , 410 shotgun sheels and slugs.
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1385 on: December 12, 2011, 06:05:12 PM »

Pic 2

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1386 on: December 12, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »

Pic 3

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1387 on: December 12, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »

Fits good in my inner jacket pocket and if its to hot to wear a jacket i have a 38 smith body guard

LRS

« Reply #1388 on: December 12, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »

Traveled into Canada this past summer with a couple of friends. While going through a construction zone, we had a guy in a mini van go MAJOR ROAD RAGE on us. I thought to myself after he left, "what if and who knows". After riding another 3 days came up with a good solution. I purchase a large can a "Bear Spray" that I now carry in my left saddlebag guard bag. Bet the fight would have been out of him when he had snot running from his nose and tears pouring from his eyes.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1389 on: December 12, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »

Traveled into Canada this past summer with a couple of friends. While going through a construction zone, we had a guy in a mini van go MAJOR ROAD RAGE on us. I thought to myself after he left, "what if and who knows". After riding another 3 days came up with a good solution. I purchase a large can a "Bear Spray" that I now carry in my left saddlebag guard bag. Bet the fight would have been out of him when he had snot running from his nose and tears pouring from his eyes.
Great solution.  Some say the cans of wasp/hornet spray are effective on lots of different 'pests' also.  Just hard to carry around and keep handy.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #1390 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »

Be careful about carrying and using sprays. In some jurisdictions if you spray somebody with pepper spray or a caustic substance you can be charged with felonious assault or attempted maiming.
Sprays can also backfire on the user if the wind changes.
Plus would you really want a mad blinded person driving a vehicle that is thousands of pounds heaver than you and your bike? Then you could have a liability issue if that blinded driver runs into an innocent person etc.
I know we all like to think about paying back someone who has made us mad by being stupid or aggressive but is that moment of satisfaction worth spending time in prison or loosing everthing we own? Only the individual can decide if their actions are worth the consequences though.
The old days of "giving a payback" and getting away with it are pretty much gone with all of the traffic cams/ surveillance cams / and cell phone cams.

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1391 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »

I wouldn't worry about the laws too much in carrying the Pepper Spray, but what I would worry about is the heat from your bike. Yes they will explode due to heat. The can is under a tremendous amount of pressure in order to get the distance. We had a female Deputy leave her can in the car and it exploded. It was but wasn't funny, it was one of our line cars.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1392 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »

It would be pretty stupid to spray pepper spray in someone's window while they are driving...I don't think that was the intent of the suggestion...but to have some kind of defense if someone got out of the vehicle to confront or attempt assault on your person.  If you picked up a stick and hit 'em in the head, you could also be liable.  Shooting someone can also make you liable.  Hell, any kind of defensive action is subject to liability, but it would sure be better than getting the chit beat out of you or being dead.

One could debate the merits of ANY defensive action and the potential repercussions.  Bear spray is a pretty good alternative to deadly force, IMO.  In a bad situation, lots of things can happen, but doing something is better than just laying down.  Of course, fleeing is the best alternative...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1393 on: December 13, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »

run away.......run away.  :D  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #1394 on: December 13, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »

It would be pretty stupid to spray pepper spray in someone's window while they are driving...I don't think that was the intent of the suggestion...but to have some kind of defense if someone got out of the vehicle to confront or attempt assault on your person.  If you picked up a stick and hit 'em in the head, you could also be liable.  Shooting someone can also make you liable.  Hell, any kind of defensive action is subject to liability, but it would sure be better than getting the chit beat out of you or being dead.

One could debate the merits of ANY defensive action and the potential repercussions.  Bear spray is a pretty good alternative to deadly force, IMO.  In a bad situation, lots of things can happen, but doing something is better than just laying down.  Of course, fleeing is the best alternative...

In Florida , if you have any fear for your life or that of your family or bodily harm. Tap twice . Self defense applies period.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 201

Page created in 0.422 seconds with 21 queries.