Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590688 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1455 on: December 21, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »

Looks like 'Formal Wear' Terry.  :toff: Hope it works well for ya whenever you receive it.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #1456 on: December 21, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »

No holster..........................
Father accidentally kills himself in front of children at grocery store

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-father-had-gun-tucked-into-pants-waistband-20111116,0,1545282.story

That is why I won't carry my 27 without this

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=396&action=show_detail

The 3 way safety of the glock is nice that you can throw it off a building and it won't go off, but without a holster, TF outta TG isn't always possible. With a block it is

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1457 on: December 22, 2011, 02:37:05 AM »

Looks like 'Formal Wear' Terry.  :toff: Hope it works well for ya whenever you receive it.  :drink: spyder

It's purdy, so I ordered it...sold some stuff to justify the cause.  Now I want a 1911 45 or mm...or two.  Meanwhile, what I have will do fine.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1458 on: December 22, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »

Wow...how'd that happen on a DAO gun?

That's the reason I just ordered this for the new P238

Custom design... M-11...the brown/cordovan parts are Terju Lizard on both the holster and the mag carrier...

Brigade Leather out of Kansas:  6 months wait....one man shop.

Meanwhile I use a pocket holster from Ritchies Leather that has a cover on the thumb safety so it doesn't accidently get moved while in the pocket.

Very good choice... Now I want another one so bad, I'm actually scamming up an excuse for wify ;D.  
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:33:59 AM by cvobiker »

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #1459 on: December 22, 2011, 09:37:10 AM »

That's the reason I just ordered this for the new P238

Custom design... M-11...the brown/cordovan parts are Terju Lizard on both the holster and the mag carrier...

Brigade Leather out of Kansas:  6 months wait....one man shop.

Meanwhile I use a pocket holster from Ritchies Leather that has a cover on the thumb safety so it doesn't accidently get moved while in the pocket.
I just don't carry one in the chamber, never.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1460 on: December 22, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »

DAO= 'all one movement'..............safety?  what safety? :confused5:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #1461 on: December 22, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »

DAO= 'all one movement'..............safety?  what safety? :confused5:  spyder
X2

I sold my first 1911 'cause I wasn't comfortable carrying "cocked and locked".  Had a Glock, but didn't like the fact I couldn't lock it out. 

I have a Para Ordinance LDA 1911 that I really like - DAO and 1911 safety.  If carrying full size now, I mostly carry a Colt 1911 in a Galco with a thumb-break under the cocked and locked hammer.

Kinda useless carrying a SD weapon without one in the chamber.  Too much time to put into service.
Spada84
NoSofa!

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #1462 on: December 22, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »

Kinda useless carrying a SD weapon without one in the chamber.  Too much time to put into service.

Then it would be like Hollywood where everyone is seen chambering a round right before they go into action.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #1463 on: December 22, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »

X2

Perhaps. I would not tell that to the children of the  guy that killed himself.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #1464 on: December 22, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »

I know that if you have a legal pre-ban AR with a collapsible stock and if you also possess a post 94 that is compliant, they can bang you with a felony because you can potentially own an illegal AW because you have the components to do so.

That's downright ludicrous!  If that were the case then almost everybody in America could be arrested for being a potential terrorist for having enough general household items around to build a bomb!  i.e. cleaning fluids, fuels for your mower, fertilizer for your garden, diesel in your truck or tractor, alarm clock, etc. Does my owning a Remington 1100 12ga. shotgun and having a hacksaw in my toolbox make me a criminal because I have the means to saw the barrel off? What the people of these states with such stupid, liberal lawmakers should do is vote their a$$'s out of office.
Jesus is Lord

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #1465 on: December 22, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »

Perhaps. I would not tell that to the children of the  guy that killed himself.
Hate to sound harsh, but if you can afford a Glock, you can afford a holster.

As I stated, I sold my Glock for, among other reasons, it had no "safety" as such.  Yeah, you actually have to pull the trigger, but that little tab doesn't help much, IMO.  Great guns, accurate, reliable, and a good choice for LEO duty weapons.  Not so much for me, and obviously for the guy who killed himself.

I'm sorry for the situation that he left his family in, but I owe him, nor them, any apology.
Spada84
NoSofa!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #1466 on: December 22, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »

Hate to sound harsh, but if you can afford a Glock, you can afford a holster.

As I stated, I sold my Glock for, among other reasons, it had no "safety" as such.  Yeah, you actually have to pull the trigger, but that little tab doesn't help much, IMO.  Great guns, accurate, reliable, and a good choice for LEO duty weapons.  Not so much for me, and obviously for the guy who killed himself.

I'm sorry for the situation that he left his family in, but I owe him, nor them, any apology.

I agree . He brought that upon himself. I carry Glocks , Kimber and Sigs always holstered.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #1467 on: December 22, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »

I know that if you have a legal pre-ban AR with a collapsible stock and if you also possess a post 94 that is compliant, they can bang you with a felony because you can potentially own an illegal AW because you have the components to do so.

That's downright ludicrous!  If that were the case then almost everybody in America could be arrested for being a potential terrorist for having enough general household items around to build a bomb!  i.e. cleaning fluids, fuels for your mower, fertilizer for your garden, diesel in your truck or tractor, alarm clock, etc. Does my owning a Remington 1100 12ga. shotgun and having a hacksaw in my toolbox make me a criminal because I have the means to saw the barrel off? What the people of these states with such stupid, liberal lawmakers should do is vote their a$$'s out of office.

I know its ludicrous, but the AWB of 94 was adopted by several states after it sunset in 04. The writing is so gray its ridiculous. If someone wants to make a headline of assault weapons off the street, then some poor sap will be spending at least $10k defending themselves. Throw it at the wall and see if it sticks, make a headline and appeal to soccer moms that you're a hero. The outcome won't make the papers. All depends on the prosecutor is the bottom line. Most importantly support the NRA, read what they have to say, see what politicians are voting on in your area. There are too many squeaky wheels out there that know nothing, but are constantly being oiled. Support the groups that are making noise on your behalf.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1468 on: December 22, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »

Fellas,
    Thanks for all of your input, but telling the "Bad Guy's" what you carry and where is a bad idea.  Maybe we should go a little quieter about our toyz....and use em when we need too...............

Just a thought......

_B
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

SERG3

• APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE ULTRA B/O
    • CVO2: 2009 SE ROAD GLIDE YELLOW
« Reply #1469 on: December 22, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »

I agree with 

Screamin_Beagle 

100%

IF YOU GOING TO BE DUMB YOU GOT TO BE TUFF
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 201

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.