Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590687 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1755 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1332407149qn3zm2bebpn

Ruger Temporarily Suspends Acceptance of New Orders

SOUTHPORT, CT --Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

• The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
• Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
• Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
• The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.

The Company will announce its results and file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2012 on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, after the close of the stock market.

About Sturm, Ruger
Sturm, Ruger was founded in 1949 and is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of high-quality firearms for the commercial sporting market. Sturm, Ruger is headquartered in Southport, CT, with manufacturing facilities located in Newport, NH and Prescott, AZ.
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1756 on: March 22, 2012, 11:53:25 AM »

Yep pretty spooky! :orange:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1757 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »

Yep, just received notice from one of the on-line ammo suppliers that their orders were over the top also.  What's going on?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1758 on: March 22, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

Yep, just received notice from one of the on-line ammo suppliers that their orders were over the top also.  What's going on?  spyder

Same thing that happened in '08 because of the election cycle.  People panic over things they THINK might happen.  There is no basis in fact for it.  The suppliers love it...in fact, it has been suggested that some of the ammo manufacturers create the "shortages" in order to bump prices up.

That, and the whole 2012 thing where everybody is going to be running amuck, trying to steal your chit...like a Mel Gibson movie...if something like that does in fact happen, having guns and ammo will be the least of worries.  Those Doomsday shows on TV now feed the whole thing.  The shows are sorta interesting, at times, but most of them are nuts...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #1759 on: March 22, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »

Yes, we've been hearing tales of end times for centuries.  There are always going to be kooks who believe we are so special as to live when/if that happens.  Don't hold yer breath. I believe we have a ways to go on this wet spinning rock.

Conversely, when it comes to general emergency preparidness, I don't think we can do enough to be ready to take care of our families.  Living in an area that could have a devastating earthquake tends to make one wary.  Right now there are scientists claiming multiple factors increasing the likelyhood of a major quake in California soon.  

If the worst happens, we are prepared to protect our home and work with our neighbors on keeping looters out.  It might be necessary to have ammo and arms.  When and if that happens, I hope it does not come to that.  That would mean the rule of law has failed and we are on our own.
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1760 on: March 22, 2012, 05:00:53 PM »

Yea, I can remember back in the early to mid 70's, people thought some comet (I forget the name of it) was going to be some significant event.  It was pretty, but nobody died.

In California, I would consider it necessary to be a bit more prepared for a month or so without some services and food supplies.  And, depending on where you live, looting and people taking advantage of a bad situation would be a concern.

Around here, it's just Tornadoes we have to worry about, and they do relatively isolated damage...don't disrupt the entire flow of things.  Might be without power for a few days if not directly hit.

I think the thing we need to be most concerned about is a devastaing interruption of our food and water supplies, from whatever cause.  Without trucks, it wouldn't be long for chaos to ensue.  I don't see that happening in any kind of national sense, but it could definitely happen to certain areas, and if it was a major city...all hell would break loose in short order.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #1761 on: March 23, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »

You guys are only thinking about natural disasters.  The Zombie Apocalypse is such a national concern that even the CDC is preparing for it's eventual arrival.

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #1762 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:13 AM »

Tax dollars at work
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1763 on: March 23, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »

Just get some zombie juice to rub on yourself, they cant detect you then, kinda like spashing troll piss on to make you invisable to trolls.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1764 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »

Just get some zombie juice to rub on yourself, they cant detect you then, kinda like spashing troll piss on to make you invisable to trolls.
In your neck of the world it would be "love bug" juice this time of the year!! :D

BigLew

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #1765 on: March 23, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »

Glock magazine sale, ends sometime today

http://www.botachtactical.com/glockmagazines.html
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #1766 on: March 23, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »

Yes the tv progams that fuel the over buying of ammo and guns really make me laugh.One of the domsday prep programs had a guy who was teaching his kids to shoot and be safe,he shot his thumb off right on tv. Kills me.Everyone that shoots or just carries should take a safety course or training course.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #1767 on: March 23, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »

One of the domsday prep programs had a guy who was teaching his kids to shoot and be safe,he shot his thumb off right on tv. Kills me.

This is a "natural selection" that helps to reduce the surplus population. Some people really don't need to handle firearms at all.  :end:
Jesus is Lord

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1768 on: March 23, 2012, 04:46:49 PM »

In your neck of the world it would be "love bug" juice this time of the year!! :D

BigLew
I was thinking that juice would be for Jock's Daytona-Gurls.  ;D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #1769 on: March 24, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »

I was thinking that juice would be for Jock's Daytona-Gurls.  ;D har.  spyder

:-* :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 201

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.