Author Topic: 0  (Read 7352 times)

Ultrajeb

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC (Red)
    • CVO2: 2007 Softail Custom
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra Classic (Sold)
Re: 2010 Victory
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 05:36:00 AM »

I fell the need to chime in, I am also with the Harley Group. Waited to long to have one and could not be satisfied with anything else. I know "to itch it own". It does leave a bad taste in your mouth when you get a lemon, I do understand. I had a 2003 Ultra Classic that did not have the throttle response it should have. I did everthing, 95" BB kit, Screaming heads, change different cams and finally got Big Red (SEUC) and Happy. Just my .02. Be safe, JEB.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 08:02:57 AM »

If I sold my Harley what would I have to complain about.... Wait I have a wife....
Bill

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 10:09:46 AM »

I really like them.
They are perfect for someone that is looking for a bike to graduate from to a Harley.
What I like best about them is there are none in my garage.<-----I bolded this just to make it clear, they may be for others but not for me!
IMHO, of course!

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 11:26:57 AM »

One of our friends went from Harleys to a Kingpin and then to a Vision a few years later. The Victory dealer's trade-in price was $2600 higher than Harley would offer for a new Ultra. That's understandable because Victory followers will shop there before going to a Harley shop.

Everybody we ride with thinks his Vision is the ugliest motorcycle we've ever seen but if you look at the features, they have some that Harley could consider like adjustable windshield height and better lean over protection. As Dave said though, the George Jetson package around them kills the desire to have one.

During my travels, I've only seen three or four of them on the road and they're in the second year of production. I searched for info on how many they've sold but couldn't find anything. I doubt the Vision's been real profitable for Victory and wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a new design like the Cross Country to save their butts in the touring market. The picture from the front (first post) doesn't look too bad but when I saw the backend, I lost interest.

Did they change the saddlebag design from a side door to a top flip lid ?

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 ; '08 White
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

Can't agree more. I never care what someone else rides as long as they ride.

I've test ridden the new Goldwing and because I'm over 6 feet tall the riding postion was uncomfortable for me. My feet were tucked back like they would be on a crotch rocket. And the Goldwing gave off an awful lot of heat for a water cooled engine. When I rode the Goldwing in a cross wind it felt like riding a sheet of plywood and I could barely hear the stereo at 110 kms per hour (about 65 mph) because of the wind buffeting. One other thing, Harley's ABS brakes are far superior to the Goldwing's linked ABS. Don;t get me wrong the Goldwing is a nice bike but try riding it for an afternoon before buying it. They have their quirks too. 

My wife and I find our 09 Ultra Classic more comfortable than the CVO. It's a little lighter, gives off less heat, has no motor noise and the seat is better for me and my wife. I've installed a Stage 1 air cleaner, Screamin Eagle exhaust and a Mastertune download from Steve at Fullsac and after tuning the stock 96" will nearly keep up to the 110", with far less engine heat and zero motor noise. Even the exhaust sounds much better after installing Steve's map.
         Maybe when my engine blows and I drop the 96 cube motor in mine, I will like it better as well. Rode an '09 Ultra Classic for an afternoon. The Harley shop let me use while mine was in the shop awhile back, and I couldn't get it to ping any, in fact rode real nice. What happened to mine? :confused5:

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 07:27:32 PM »

Sorry,but I can't even believe I'm reading this chit..      A victory, come on!  I'm with SBB and JOMO on this one to put it lightly.......
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »

A childhood friend of mine owns and operates a Victory dealership here in Louisville, he got very pissed at me when I ran into him at a bike night and he seen me in Harley shirt. He said why didn't you buy a bike from me. I told him because you don't sell Harley's. He really got mad, how can you even compare the two bikes. No way - not ever in my garage. Sorry, but it's a Harley. 
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 09:22:19 PM »

I've had three friends in the last 4 months that has owned Victory, Yahama and Kawasaki bikes and have all recently
"upgraded" to Harley's. They were amazed by the ride and Not to mention the "respect" they get now being on a Harley.

It's good that everyone has their opinion and likes for certain brand loyalty, but all manufacturers compare themselves to the HD with styles and sound imitations. (At leats they try to get the sound)

I wouldn't trade my SEUC for anything in the market. I might take 4 victory's, 2 yamaha'a and a couple of Suzuki's, but that all. LOL.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:24:14 PM by dooinit2u »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »

I think the Goldwing is a great, reliable bike, but I don't think I could get used to the lack of sound.  Why does my vacuum cleaner put out more sound than a Goldwing?  I couldn't wait to get pipes on my Harley, and the stock Harley pipes blow the Goldwing away.  If they could make a Goldwing sound like a Harley, I might consider it, but until then, I'm sticking with my noisemaker.

No offense intended, but I've heard that excuse/rationalization from more than one person, and I'm baffled (no pun intended) by the thought process.  Don't like the Honda because it's too quiet, even though it is a better performing and handling bike right out of the crate and doesn't need all the "customization" a Harley does to make it run well, and it's probably a thousand times more reliable.  But the first thing you do with a new Harley is put pipes on it because it's too quiet, gut the cat, change the air cleaner, put a tuning device on it, get it dyno tuned so it doesn't melt at stoplights, etc.  I guess doing all that to a Harley just to make it acceptable is OK, but you can't change mufflers on a Honda? Come on, last time I looked the Honda exhaust wasn't welded to the heads, it's quite possible to change those pipes out also.  Same is true of another bike that runs rings around a Harley, namely BMW.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 03:57:53 AM »

The proofs in the pudding you might say. I know for a fact, when my bike has been in the shop for repairs, my friend and neighbor who is a retired LEO, has sent me countless photos of his wife and him, "On Tour" with his GoldWing at various places like Grand Canyon, Colorado Area, Yellowstone Area, list goes on, and I mean it, having a great time. He is a good friend, and always checked on me to see if I got his pics and emails, and I've always enjoyed them. I set him down one evening when we were all together having dinner at my place, and asked him his HONEST opinion of the Goldwing, and he said with the bike he has now, its been the best bike he has ever owned, never any problems whatsoever. I might add that this same person was a motor officer for the agency he worked for, for 12 years, and out of those 12, his unit was outfitted with Harleys, off and on, depending on whomever put in the best bid at the time and he likes Harleys, but just doesn't own one at this time. What I'm saying is with all of the problems with mine, I wouldn't mine having something else to ride when mine is all jacked-up. You can't fault a guy for that..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 03:59:43 AM by JohnT. »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »

No offense intended, but I've heard that excuse/rationalization from more than one person, and I'm baffled (no pun intended) by the thought process.  Don't like the Honda because it's too quiet, even though it is a better performing and handling bike right out of the crate and doesn't need all the "customization" a Harley does to make it run well, and it's probably a thousand times more reliable.  But the first thing you do with a new Harley is put pipes on it because it's too quiet, gut the cat, change the air cleaner, put a tuning device on it, get it dyno tuned so it doesn't melt at stoplights, etc.  I guess doing all that to a Harley just to make it acceptable is OK, but you can't change mufflers on a Honda? Come on, last time I looked the Honda exhaust wasn't welded to the heads, it's quite possible to change those pipes out also.  Same is true of another bike that runs rings around a Harley, namely BMW.

Jerry ;)

Why do you stay with a Harley Jerry?  I would think you would go with the "far superior" Goldwing or BMW?  I've had 'em both (yep a Wing and a K100LT BMW) and came back to HD.  HD's aren't the most high-tech, they require mods to make 'em right, but who cares?  I knew that before I bought my first Harley 30 years ago.  It amazes me that people bad mouth the brand, MoCo, and whatever else sells the HD brand, but yet they still keep riding/buying them?  Why is that?   :nixweiss:

:devil:   

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »

The proofs in the pudding you might say. I know for a fact, when my bike has been in the shop for repairs, my friend and neighbor who is a retired LEO, has sent me countless photos of his wife and him, "On Tour" with his GoldWing at various places like Grand Canyon, Colorado Area, Yellowstone Area, list goes on, and I mean it, having a great time. He is a good friend, and always checked on me to see if I got his pics and emails, and I've always enjoyed them. I set him down one evening when we were all together having dinner at my place, and asked him his HONEST opinion of the Goldwing, and he said with the bike he has now, its been the best bike he has ever owned, never any problems whatsoever. I might add that this same person was a motor officer for the agency he worked for, for 12 years, and out of those 12, his unit was outfitted with Harleys, off and on, depending on whomever put in the best bid at the time and he likes Harleys, but just doesn't own one at this time. What I'm saying is with all of the problems with mine, I wouldn't mine having something else to ride when mine is all jacked-up. You can't fault a guy for that..

That's why I have two HD's in the garage, but for me, it's more a decision of which one to ride, because they both sit in my garage almost always unless I'm having them in for routine service.   I guess I'm just lucky huh?   :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 10:28:20 PM »

RedDevil,
Wow, certainly sounds like your a lucky one for sure. I have owned Harleys all of my life myself, starting with a '68 XLCH culminating to what have now, which is an '08 SEUC. All total I've owned 7 Harleys. Out of all of those bikes, this one has the biggest coin into it so far(SEUC). This bike has also been one of the most disappointing I have ever owned. Tons of warranty issues, and I've kept all of the receipts. Hell, I've had to go out and buy a binder to keep them in, there is so many. Needless to say, without going into all the issues, there is not a whole lot of owner satisfaction going on here. Also another issue is that the bikes value has literally dropped into a black hole, so I'm sort of stuck with it and it's ongoing problems. At some point in time, I can definately see it parked over in one of the corners of my garage with a heavy canvas tarp thrown over her,  down hard mechanically. Sorry to say, but thats the way I see it. I might go back to riding an older bike, or just get me an EVO powered Electra Glide, Road Glide, or Road King, or maybe even a Tour Glide who knows. One thing I do know, I won't be buying anymore new Harleys. I am looking into different possibilities, for sure. I just don't know what I will end up with..  Believe me, I don't get any satisfaction bad mouthing what I have now,  or contemplating buying outside the brand. I just want something that is just alittle less problematic. With this bike, I feel like I've been sitting down, playing cards all day long, and now getting ready to get up from the table, after having lost everything I came in with, that's sort of the way I feel. By the way, I'm a card player...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:04:15 AM by JohnT. »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 11:25:16 PM »

Red, I don't know what bee got stuck up your bonnet, but if you're intimating that I or anyone else shouldn't badmouth the mother ship and her products I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.  If you have two Harleys and they haven't required a lot of repair (yet), then yes you are lucky.  And if you don't mind having to spend thousands on a brand new bike to make it run properly, that's just peachy.  And if you haven't had the MoCo try to stuff something up your posterior yet, rather than just fix whatever the problem is, then you are very lucky.  Rest assured, however, that not everyone has shared your luck.

Yup, I still have one Harley in the garage.  I guess you would suggest that since I haven't been totally satisfied with my ownership experience that I should just give it away and buy something else.  To tell you the truth, I was at that point a couple years ago.  Then several things in my life changed drastically, and all of a sudden that POS in the garage wasn't a top priority.  Once those other issues are totally behind me, and I finally get a chance to do the traveling I had intended, I will probably buy a reliable replacement from someone other than Harley.  After all, I'm not a kid anymore who doesn't mind getting stranded or who doesn't mind having to constantly wrench on my vehicle.  I'm spoiled now, and expect my vehicles to just do what I bought them for without a whole lot of BS.  If H-D decides to produce such a vehicle, have them give me a shout and I'll give them consideration when it's time to make a purchase.  In the meantime, I'll continue to voice my opinions on their vehicles, their managment, and their customer disservice. 

BTW, none of this has anything to do with my original post and question.  Why blow off the Honda just because it's too quiet, but the first thing a Harley guy does is replace the stock pipes because the stockers are too quiet. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »

Red, I don't know what bee got stuck up your bonnet, but if you're intimating that I or anyone else shouldn't badmouth the mother ship and her products I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.  If you have two Harleys and they haven't required a lot of repair (yet), then yes you are lucky.  And if you don't mind having to spend thousands on a brand new bike to make it run properly, that's just peachy.  And if you haven't had the MoCo try to stuff something up your posterior yet, rather than just fix whatever the problem is, then you are very lucky.  Rest assured, however, that not everyone has shared your luck.

Yup, I still have one Harley in the garage.  I guess you would suggest that since I haven't been totally satisfied with my ownership experience that I should just give it away and buy something else.  To tell you the truth, I was at that point a couple years ago.  Then several things in my life changed drastically, and all of a sudden that POS in the garage wasn't a top priority.  Once those other issues are totally behind me, and I finally get a chance to do the traveling I had intended, I will probably buy a reliable replacement from someone other than Harley.  After all, I'm not a kid anymore who doesn't mind getting stranded or who doesn't mind having to constantly wrench on my vehicle.  I'm spoiled now, and expect my vehicles to just do what I bought them for without a whole lot of BS.  If H-D decides to produce such a vehicle, have them give me a shout and I'll give them consideration when it's time to make a purchase.  In the meantime, I'll continue to voice my opinions on their vehicles, their managment, and their customer disservice. 

BTW, none of this has anything to do with my original post and question.  Why blow off the Honda just because it's too quiet, but the first thing a Harley guy does is replace the stock pipes because the stockers are too quiet. 

Jerry

Jerry,
You have every right to say what you want, but if I felt as strongly against something as you do, I wouldn't be messing around with it anymore, regardless of the situation.  To be perfectly honest, my Gold Wing was in the shop getting more warranty/non-warranty work then any Harley I've ever owned.  Now the Beemer was a very reliable bike but totally uncomfortable for me and I didn't keep it long enough to see how reliable it would be.   I'm not a flag waver for the MoCo or any other brand as far as that's concerned, but I do know if I feel strongly against any particular brand, I don't even associate myself with it.   No bees up the bonnet Jerry, just voicing my opinion.

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 25 queries.