Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: HID Alternative---Dual HID bulbs for high and low beam  (Read 48054 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: HID Alternative---Dual HID bulbs for high and low beam
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »

The XtraLight site shows the Deep Blue bulbs at 8000K and the Crystal White at 4300K. I wanted as much light as possible out of them, but wanted to have the White Lamps. Can't be done, huh? Are there Blue Spots available at all? I've seen all the setups with the Blue Headlights and White or Yellowish Spots. Looks a little funny that way. Any changes to what's available spotlight wise? Are the 4300K Crystal White one bright enough, or must I go with the Deep Blue? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2007, 10:42:30 AM »

The XtraLight site shows the Deep Blue bulbs at 8000K and the Crystal White at 4300K. I wanted as much light as possible out of them, but wanted to have the White Lamps. Can't be done, huh? Are there Blue Spots available at all? I've seen all the setups with the Blue Headlights and White or Yellowish Spots. Looks a little funny that way. Any changes to what's available spotlight wise? Are the 4300K Crystal White one bright enough, or must I go with the Deep Blue? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

The 4300k bulbs will blow your socks off. They are actually the brightest. They do make my spots look like yellow turn signals tho.

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »

The 4300k bulbs will blow your socks off. They are actually the brightest. They do make my spots look like yellow turn signals tho.

:indian_chief:

Thanks Chuck. I was hoping to use the White ones. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2007, 10:50:05 AM »

chechk with Brian ( 103T ) he got blue bulbs for his spots.

i have the "blue" HIDs and like them just got the H-D "h3" halogen spots to replace my stock yellow ones htere are many h3 bulb options to be had
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2007, 10:54:03 PM »

I just put the HID lights in the scoot and they are BRIGHT!!  What a difference.  I used the H9 Extralights 4200 degree color bulbs.  My SEUC has the two bulb headlamp so the install was really easy.  Still had room in the fairing, and don't have any interference from the radio or other electronic gizmo's.  A really big thanks to Twolanerider and hd-dude for the help and product.  If your like me (old) and want to ride at night these things are a must.  And they are not chrome, so I don't have to report them at my next Chromeaholics meeting!

Ride Safe.
Walt

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2007, 11:52:57 PM »

I just put the HID lights in the scoot and they are BRIGHT!!  What a difference.  I used the H9 Extralights 4200 degree color bulbs.  My SEUC has the two bulb headlamp so the install was really easy.  Still had room in the fairing, and don't have any interference from the radio or other electronic gizmo's.  A really big thanks to Twolanerider and hd-dude for the help and product.  If your like me (old) and want to ride at night these things are a must.  And they are not chrome, so I don't have to report them at my next Chromeaholics meeting!

Ride Safe.
Walt

Glad to see you got them done Walt.  It is a nice improvement.  Sure is nice to find out you can suddenly see at night again!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2007, 05:23:36 PM »

Ride Safe.
Walt

Glad you like them Walt! As 2lane said you never really realize how much you missed without these until you've had them. I for one will never have a bike without them!

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »

I upgraded my Headlight a few years back with the Headwinds 5 3/4 lamp with Silver stars  bulb.

Those who have gone with the single hi/low HID Zeon from xtralights how do you like them?

Much difference between the dual or worth switching to the dual?

Great thread!
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.