Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stickers on the frame  (Read 2196 times)

P_uffe

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

Stickers on the frame
« on: April 10, 2022, 02:52:38 AM »

Hi.
I'm trying to figure out what stickers on the frame the MoCo originally put on the bikes. I'm in the process of registering an import and they ask for a sticker, supposedly located on the left front leg of the frame? There's no sign of it on the bike. Would someone know of this? Is it something put on for the European market or Universal? Can I obtain such a sticker if mine is missing? The bike was originally sold as new in the EU.
The picture shows an example of what it can look like. Do you have this on your - 05, and would someone please post a picture of where and what it should look like?

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: Stickers on the frame
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 10:09:54 AM »

Are they asking for the vin information located on the part of the frame in front in your picture,  showing the build date?
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

P_uffe

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 08:31:02 AM »

I have the big sticker up on top, on the left side of the frame. Then there's supposed to be a smaller sticker on one of the front frame legs? This is what the local lawyer doing the paperwork for me is telling me. I don't want to take my chances without knowing how it's supposed to look. I'm trying to find out what the CVO FLHTCSE2 originally came with? Perhaps it didn't even have this lower one? This is why I'm reaching out here as there's no place on earth matching the combined knowledge on here. I was hoping for someone else with an -05 who might be able to shed some light on this. Perhaps some pictures.
Below attached is what the top sticker looks like, hopefully that's all that's needed.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 09:02:26 AM »

If you don't get the right answer here, ask the lawyer if the picture with production date and vin # is what he wants. If not have him show you an example to help locate or confirm the bike doesn't have it.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

P_uffe

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

Urgent help needed please
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 05:24:20 AM »

Hi
After trying through MoCo Europe and having been let down with "the bike is too old for us to get you a decal" I need to be creative.
The story is that I am importing and registering a bike from Sweden to Spain, and the local authorities require all original decals to be present as when first sold. Mine is missing the one on the front left frame leg.
I am asking our community for help with a picture and preferably a transcript of what text it contains. I will then have one made for the purpose.  I believe it needs to be from a European sold bike and somewhere in the vicinity of 2005 model. (Are they different in the US?)
All i need is a picture.
Is there anyone out there who could help?
Thanks in advance.

P_uffe

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

Re: Urgent help needed please
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 05:31:48 AM »

This is an example of what it looks like...

P_uffe

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 09:02:27 PM »

Finally I managed to get it registered without it! Thanks for your replies. And No, I never got Harley Davidson Europe to help me out with this. To old they said. Luckily it wasn't needed in the end.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.