Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Garage door opener  (Read 1780 times)

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
Garage door opener
« on: April 09, 2005, 04:17:51 PM »

Just installed the opener unit that came with the CVO .I don't know how I lived without it.That is slick!!!!Work's like a champ [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif]
hdnut

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: Garage door opener
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 05:06:40 PM »

Trying like hell to figure mine out. Real old opener so that may be part of the problem. All else fails I'll ask my son to handle it. Same one that programs VCR, tuners, set's the clocks in the vehicles, programs the remotes, etc. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:50:57 PM »

I don't know how I lived without mine also.
Best thing since I heard "Tater" got outrun by a 95" CVO

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 11:13:08 AM »

I don't know how I lived without mine also.
Best thing since I heard "Tater" got outrun by a 95" CVO

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
  The day that happens again, is the day a Pig's rump will cease to be Pork, or the day Pigs Fly, or the day Chickens have lips, or the day Bears stop chittin' in the woods, or the day a Hobo won't eat a cracker, or the day Hillary Clinton is President, [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] or Blah-Blah-Blah-Blah, ad ifinitum!  You crack me up!  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

ufo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 03:14:30 PM »

Trying like hell to figure mine out. Real old opener so that may be part of the problem. All else fails I'll ask my son to handle it. Same one that programs VCR, tuners, set's the clocks in the vehicles, programs the remotes, etc. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I resemble that remark. I took it out of the plastic last night and figured out how to plug it into an outlet  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]. Then I saw a wire black and red (I know hot from the other  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] )but the 2 wires on my garage unit are cream colored  [smiley=oops.gif], so I read more of the instructions and I'm supposed to now find the manual for the opener or an electrician  [smiley=furious.gif]. My son fits neither of those needs....
2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2, Freesom package, HD2003 pcIII map
2003 Road King Classic 6 speed big bore forged pistons cnc ported heads 251 cam race tuner rinehart true duals

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 04:23:14 PM »

be daring, they are low voltage!  Have the wife/S.O. stand on a ladder touching the wires to the screw terminals on the GDO.  You then sit on the bike and testit out...make sure you have preprogrammed the receiver.

does one of the cream wires have a red stripe?

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »

Most all garage door openers use a momentary contact closure to operate. They usually have two wires running to a switch by your door into your garage. Just land the red and black wires from your HD reciever on the same wires that go to your switch. The polarity does not matter. Then follow the instructions on how to program the reciever in the owners manual, Its that simple!!!

Good Luck [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 05:02:13 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »

be daring, they are low voltage!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ufo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 06:07:45 PM »

Most all garage door openers use a momentary contact closure to operate. They usually have two wires running to a switch by your door into your garage. Just land the red and black wires from your HD reciever on the same wires that go to your switch. The polarity does not matter. Then follow the instructions on how to program the reciever in the owners manual, Its that simple!!!

Good Luck [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Dude, I love you man! Took me all but 2 minutes and it's sooooo sweet! [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2, Freesom package, HD2003 pcIII map
2003 Road King Classic 6 speed big bore forged pistons cnc ported heads 251 cam race tuner rinehart true duals

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 06:22:35 PM »

Dude, I love you man! Took me all but 2 minutes and it's sooooo sweet! [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 22 queries.