Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: SEEG Seat  (Read 17835 times)

STROKR

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: SEEG Seat
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2005, 10:27:51 AM »

No one has mentioned replacing HD "open cell foam" with "closed cell super foam"  Sargents Cycle Products www.SargentCycle.com in Jacksonville FL will  take stock seats and replace the foam.

I've done on 2 seats so far.  First was 2000 Deuce, next was for my 04 SEEG (Blk/Blu).  I have a 02 Screamin Eagle Road King seat on the 04, (stingray insert) and just finished Daytona run.  GREAT improvement.  

Planning on doing 05 SEEG (red) stock seat the same way.  Love the fit, feel and look of the stock SE seats.  Cost around $200 for 2 up foam replacement.  

Doesn't change cosmetics at all, just better padding under.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2005, 11:28:27 AM »

I thought the only advantage in closed-cell foam over the open-cell was that it would not absorb water. (BIG advantage in a mc seat).  But, if it's more comfortable also, that's a no-brainer! [smiley=dunce2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

STROKR

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2005, 04:31:02 PM »

It is better, when you go to Sargents, they throw a piece of foam on floor and have you stand on it.  Doesn't compress 50% like open cell foam.  Comfortable without turning HARD like the stock foam.  Corbin must use some sort of this type of foam.  Seats always seemed very hard, yet everyone swears after breakin, it is great.

Sargents does big seat business on swapping foam.  They do not redue entire seat, only part that takes body pressure.  they cut out old and cut in new piece to replace.   They usually have 2 week turnaround time.  I'm going for third seat next week.

Any body ever try any other like swap with any one else?  I tried another guy in Myrtle Beach at Suck Bang and Blow,  on the same seat,  and didn't like it as much.

Sargents has better FOAM

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 05:32:39 PM »

I finally had the chance to throw on the Mustand Sport Touring seat that has been in my garage for a while. It was a little difficult being that I am currently on crutches but it's on there. I wish I could test it out. I definitely like the look (the Mustang Touring Seat was a little too bulky looking for me). I will get a pic sometime soon. Just getting the seat on was a feat in itself.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 05:35:02 PM »

It was a little difficult being that I am currently on crutches

Laker, how are you coming on the healing?  Fast we all sure hope.  [smiley=nervous.gif]

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 05:44:08 PM »

Laker, how are you coming on the healing?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 05:46:41 PM by Laker23 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 08:49:25 PM »

I am going to specifically ask him if he thinks there is anyway I will be healed enough to make the Smokies. If he doesn't say yes, I think I will whack him in the shin with a crutch. While in the garage today, I checked to see if I could hold the bike up with the bad ankle. It was a little testy, but in 25 more days you never know.

Dang, this is a guy who's ready to go ridin' in the Smokies if I ever saw one. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2005, 10:08:09 PM »

Used a Road King Custom seat on my '04 SEEG.  Rides a lot better than the stock seat, but dosen't look near as good.
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

DWormald

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2005, 09:23:04 AM »

Has anyone tried or know someone who has tried the HD Tall Boy Seats?   If so, what part number did you/they purchase?  I tried a 52975-05 which is listed for Electra Glides.  It was comfortable but the front piece extended too far up onto the tank.  I have a question in to the local HD dealer regarding 52976-05 which is listed for Road Kings and Electra Glides with a cover on the tank.  

I had a sundowner seat on my FLHRCI and loved it.  
Thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2005, 11:41:08 AM »

Has anyone tried or know someone who has tried the HD Tall Boy Seats?

cvodude

• Baggers Forever
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2005, 06:03:25 PM »

I bought the Mustang Seat for the Road King Custom and I have no complaints. I will admit that I put the stock seat back on when I want it to look cool.
2003 Screaming Eagle Duece
2004 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide

Jackhd

• Full CVO Member
  • many happy miles ahead
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2005, 07:23:21 PM »

Anxiously waiting for some pictures of the Mustaing Sport Touring seat.  Would like to see how it looks on ur SEEG.  Jackhd

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »

Anxiously waiting for some pictures of the Mustaing Sport Touring seat.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2005, 03:33:31 PM »

Found this seat from La Pera while sitting with the leg up today. Anyone ever had one. Likes/dislikes? Looks nice to me.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=4118A25B-8286-4250-A9D6-C88BD5B39B25

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2005, 07:42:38 PM »

Since I started this wayward thread back there, guess I should post what I have done so far regarding the seat issue and how it's going....went with the Corbin Stinger....really like it....very comfortable long distance so far plus actually accentuates the slammed looked of the bike, IMO.  

I am also really likin' the snake trim thing with the flame stitch and the B & B paint...  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

elvis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.679 seconds with 21 queries.