Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: 06 SE Electraglide value  (Read 4248 times)

Clint50

• Custom builder
06 SE Electraglide value
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »

I've been looking at a Yellow 06 SE Electraglide that a friend owns and have thought about making him an offer. It's only got 5K miles and is in mint condition. What would be a fair price to pay for one of these?
Thanks,
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 06 SE Electraglide value
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 03:33:56 PM »

I've been looking at a Yellow 06 SE Electraglide that a friend owns and have thought about making him an offer. It's only got 5K miles and is in mint condition. What would be a fair price to pay for one of these?
Thanks,
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

Hi Clint, and welcome to the site.  There were no 06 SEEG's.  You must be looking at an '05, referred to as a Bananna.  In 06, they only made the SE Ultra Classic, in three colors: Black Candy Crimson/Slate; Autumn Haze/Vivid Black; and Emerald Green/Black with green flake (can't remember the color name).

If it's an 05 SEEG Bananna with that few miles on it, anywhere from 22K to 25K, depending on what's been done to it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »

Hi Clint, and welcome to the site.  There were no 06 SEEG's.  You must be looking at an '05, referred to as a Bananna.  In 06, they only made the SE Ultra Classic, in three colors: Black Candy Crimson/Slate; Autumn Haze/Vivid Black; and Emerald Green/Black with green flake (can't remember the color name).
If it's an 05 SEEG Bananna with that few miles on it, anywhere from 22K to 25K, depending on what's been done to it.
Thank you for the info. You're correct,,it is an 05. The owner also has an 06 SE Ultra in Autumn Haze/Vivid Black. The wife and I really love the Yellow and Grey with chopped tourpak. $22-25K,huh? That's definitely affordable.
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 04:28:54 PM »

Thank you for the info. You're correct,,it is an 05. The owner also has an 06 SE Ultra in Autumn Haze/Vivid Black. The wife and I really love the Yellow and Grey with chopped tourpak. $22-25K,huh? That's definitely affordable.
A great bike, a great price you will love it. Both of you.  There are a lot of very satisified 04 and 05 SEEG owners who sit and chat here, whom we meet on the road.  Great bike.  You truly can not go wrong.

And Welcome to the site.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 04:50:47 PM »

It's a beautiful bike...if it's a super nice one with no flaws, I wouldn't hesitate for 26K, especially if it's got pipes, a good tune, and has been well cared for.  The 103 motor is a proven platform, and makes nice power with just pipes, A/C, and tune.  There is a LOT of information here on things people have done to the CVO baggers...make yourself and home and read a while, but I'll have to warn you that you'll find many things that will quickly empty your wallet, but it's all nice, proven mods.  I guess the main thing people feel the need to change on the SEEG's is the seat...some are fine with them, but most end up putting an aftermarket seat like a Corbin Dual Tour with heat.  A better/more effective windshield is another popular mod, but you'll figure out what you need to do to make it comfortable for you and the wife.

Look around here...we have "gatherings" frequently...there are some great folks here and we all share a real passion for the CVO bikes.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »

Hey Clint!  Welcome to the site!  Definitely the place to be for a CVO owner.  I see that you are in Wichita Falls....born and raised there myself, attended Rider HS, MSU, etc.  I'm now in the Dallas area, but have nothing but good memories of WF.  Hope to meet you one day!    Barry

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »

It's a beautiful bike...if it's a super nice one with no flaws, I wouldn't hesitate for 26K, especially if it's got pipes, a good tune, and has been well cared for.  The 103 motor is a proven platform, and makes nice power with just pipes, A/C, and tune.  There is a LOT of information here on things people have done to the CVO baggers...make yourself and home and read a while, but I'll have to warn you that you'll find many things that will quickly empty your wallet, but it's all nice, proven mods.  I guess the main thing people feel the need to change on the SEEG's is the seat...some are fine with them, but most end up putting an aftermarket seat like a Corbin Dual Tour with heat.  A better/more effective windshield is another popular mod, but you'll figure out what you need to do to make it comfortable for you and the wife.

Look around here...we have "gatherings" frequently...there are some great folks here and we all share a real passion for the CVO bikes.
I would pay $26K for this one too,if he decides to sell it.(won't know until tomorrow) It's in like-new condition. I found it when we purchased his 502 Boss Hoss last week. The only mod I know about is a 2-1 Thunderheader which I would probably replace with some V&H True Duals headpipes and Bassani 4" slip-ons. Thunderheaders sound great but they are too loud,IMO. My last bike was a 2001 Teal/White FLHR that I built into a serious custom bagger. Even though SE's are pretty loaded already,I've got quite a few mods/changes in mind,if I get one.

Barry,glad to hear from you. I've been at PPG since 1974. Hope we can meet up someday.

Thanks for the warm welcome,everyone. It is much appreciated. If I get the bike,you can count on me to be a regular contributor to this site.
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »

Clint, I can't honestly recall but I think I paid $24k for my 05 Nanner three months ago.  Mine has 6k and not a tremedous amount of mods beyond Reinharts, SERT, and some chrome goodies.

They seem to be in that range you mention without major engine mods IMO.

Welcome aboard and good luck on your purchase.

I just checked, I did pay $24k Clint.  See the thread here:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18232.0

Winning bid: US $24,000.00    
Ended: Nov-25-07 18:15:55 PST
 Shipping: Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
Sells to: Worldwide
Item location: Williamsburg, VA, United States
History: 16 bids
Winning bidder: rjobs749( 15) 

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:01:01 PM by Rjob749 »

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 10:54:20 PM »

That's a very nice bike you have there,Roger. Hope I can join the Banana Republic.  :bananarock:  :)
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

That's a very nice bike you have there,Roger. Hope I can join the Banana Republic.  :bananarock:  :)

Hey, that would be great Clint :bananarock:

MikeD

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 06:23:43 AM »

Clint, I bought mine with 5K miles and got it for 23K out of Florida.  I negotiated with him from 24K.  The bike was, and still is, in perfect condition.  I was willing to spend 25K to 26K to get a 'nana.  Those prices are right on for what your getting.  I priced out buying a Street Glide and modifying it to get it a CVO, and it was just rediculous, not to mention, in the end you may have a nice street glide, but the title still says Street Glide and not SE or CVO!  Therefore, you get more bang for your buck with the initial purchase. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

Clint, I can't honestly recall but I think I paid $24k for my 05 Nanner three months ago.  Mine has 6k and not a tremedous amount of mods beyond Reinharts, SERT, and some chrome goodies.

They seem to be in that range you mention without major engine mods IMO.

Welcome aboard and good luck on your purchase.

I just checked, I did pay $24k Clint.  See the thread here:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18232.0

Winning bid: US $24,000.00    
Ended: Nov-25-07 18:15:55 PST
 Shipping: Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
Sells to: Worldwide
Item location: Williamsburg, VA, United States
History: 16 bids
Winning bidder: rjobs749( 15) 

Rog, I remember thinking at the time that this seemed a nice bike for the price; but that it's a shame it was all the way across country.  It worked out well for the Traxxion upgrade.  But it still meant getting it to you in both time and cost and potential for dings.  That's another reason I jumped on that red SERG as quickly as I did once I knew about it.  Nice bike for the price.  Even harder to find.  But only an hour away from the house and I could fetch it myself.  The stars just aligned that day.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 08:52:05 AM »

Rog, I remember thinking at the time that this seemed a nice bike for the price; but that it's a shame it was all the way across country.  It worked out well for the Traxxion upgrade.  But it still meant getting it to you in both time and cost and potential for dings.  That's another reason I jumped on that red SERG as quickly as I did once I knew about it.  Nice bike for the price.  Even harder to find.  But only an hour away from the house and I could fetch it myself.  The stars just aligned that day.

You're right Don, I had/have watched since and none have really turned up out here.

All in all it turned out ok, and the difference to ship from California/AZ to here isn't all that much more than from VA (well minus some beer money along the way, which no one asked for  :drink:).

It has made for a great adventure which still has more to go when I finally see the bike today.

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 08:58:16 PM »

It's not looking too promising for me,right now. I talked to the owner today and he kinda wants to hang onto it. But,he did say he wanted to think some more on it. The bike is rarely ridden and he wants the funds for another big project,however. So,I've got the cash but no SEEG to buy.  :(
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »

It's not looking too promising for me,right now. I talked to the owner today and he kinda wants to hang onto it. But,he did say he wanted to think some more on it. The bike is rarely ridden and he wants the funds for another big project,however. So,I've got the cash but no SEEG to buy.  :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Touring-2005-Harley-Davidson-Screamin-Eagle-Electra-Glide_W0QQitemZ140214862389QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140214862389

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »

That ebay seller has been trying to sell that bike for a month w/o any bids. Wonder what's the problem? $21,900 doesn't sound too high.
I'm really leary about bidding that much on an ebay auction and the distance is a big hindrance,too.
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 10:31:55 PM »

That ebay seller has been trying to sell that bike for a month w/o any bids. Wonder what's the problem? $21,900 doesn't sound too high.
I'm really leary about bidding that much on an ebay auction and the distance is a big hindrance,too.
Clint50, try www.hdtrader.com. I just sold my SEEG on there. A lot less hassle than ebay for me.  :cherry:   

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »

I just talked to the owner of this Red one. He wants $23K,firm,which doesn't sound too bad at all. What do all of you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20005-Screamin-Eagle-Electra-Glide-Classic_W0QQitemZ230231230598QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230231230598#ebayphotohosting
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 10:43:03 PM »

Too late,the owner of the Red one just called to tell me someone just bought it for $23K.
Aw well,it wasn't meant to be. :(
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 11:29:14 PM »

Too late,the owner of the Red one just called to tell me someone just bought it for $23K.
Aw well,it wasn't meant to be. :(

That's cuz you want a yellow one.  Don't worry, be paitent.  The right bike will present itself in time. :2vrolijk_21:

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 11:40:01 PM »

That's cuz you want a yellow one.  Don't worry, be paitent.  The right bike will present itself in time. :2vrolijk_21:
Yes,I really do want a Yellow SEEG. Maybe someone will see this and sell me theirs.  :) :) :)
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 11:47:07 PM »

Clint50

When I was looking for a CVO Bike, distance was of no concern, I finally found an 04 Blue/Black SEEG in Denver and I live in Calagry. I bought it and drove down to Denver and back to Calgary over a weekend. even though the seller offered to ship it free to Phoenix, where it is now.

Roger who lives North East of Seattle found a bike almost on the East Coast and bought it and from what I understand it showed up in the past week and now it is finally in his garage.

So do not distance turn you off. Their are enough members who can expertly evaluate and inspect a bike no matter where it is North America and probably with all of our diverse members anywhere in the world.

geezerglide

MikeD

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 06:36:01 AM »

Clint, make a weekend out of it if you find one. Fly over pick it up and ride it home.  I found mine in Florida, I flew down on Friday night, picked it up in the rain.  I rode it for a good four or five hours and stopped for the night.  The next day I rode for another 8 hours, no problems.  I did plan my route to go near some HD dealerships just in case.  Which worked out, because I was not used to the gas door and cap.  So needless to say I had to stop and buy a gas cap in Tifton, GA.  I had to get a t-shirt too.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »

The guy who bought mine on Sunday is flying from his home in Seattle to Atlanta with his wife and they are going to ride it all the way home.  How about that? :cherry:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »

The guy who bought mine on Sunday is flying from his home in Seattle to Atlanta with his wife and they are going to ride it all the way home.  How about that? :cherry:

If he's going from Atlanta to Seattle in March I bet I can guess his route :drink: .

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »

Yes,I really do want a Yellow SEEG. Maybe someone will see this and sell me theirs.  :) :) :)
be prepared for the comments. either people love it or hate it. it certainly stands out in the crowd. mine was parked in a lot when in reno with about 500-700 other bikes and it was the only one that stood out :bananarock:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »

Clint50, if you regain your senses :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: and agree the cherry is best there is another one in Ga for sale by a site member....3800 miles and I believe $24K.  It's listed on hdtrader. :cherry:

Clint50

• Custom builder
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 10:50:38 PM »

Clint50, if you regain your senses :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: and agree the cherry is best there is another one in Ga for sale by a site member....3800 miles and I believe $24K.  It's listed on hdtrader. :cherry:
I just missed a very nice Red in Oklahoma City last night,for $23K. OKC is only 140 miles from me. Georgia is over 1,000 miles away.  :(
I'm waiting to hear back from a Red owner in Ruidosa,NM. His bike only has 3,200 miles but it looks like it has a full-size tourpak. Not interested if it does.
There's a very nice Banana in South Dakota with 4K miles,for $26,500 obo. SD is over 1,000 miles away,too. :(
Clint
Wichita Falls,Tx

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 01:56:56 AM »

If he's going from Atlanta to Seattle in March I bet I can guess his route :drink: .

Hey I....er uh, my bike just made that trip ::) :bananarock:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 09:23:30 AM »

I just missed a very nice Red in Oklahoma City last night,for $23K. OKC is only 140 miles from me. Georgia is over 1,000 miles away.  :(
I'm waiting to hear back from a Red owner in Ruidosa,NM. His bike only has 3,200 miles but it looks like it has a full-size tourpak. Not interested if it does.
There's a very nice Banana in South Dakota with 4K miles,for $26,500 obo. SD is over 1,000 miles away,too. :(
A 1000 mile distance?  So what?  This is a CVO bike!  Like someone already suggested...find the bike you want wherever it is and make a fun road trip out of it.  I did exactly that when I bought my SEEG in 06.....had a lot of fun even though I was by myself.  Good luck ! :cherry:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 21 queries.