Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flhtcse2 Painted Parts  (Read 712 times)

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
Flhtcse2 Painted Parts
« on: May 05, 2005, 09:11:06 PM »

In reviewing the posts here I was anticipating an 8-10 week wait for painted parts from the factory.  I damaged the lower fairing cap and front fender (as well as the crash bar and rotor) when I hit a dog on Thursday, April 22.  Although the front rotor was visibly skewed I still had sufficient braking to continue a planned weekend jaunt to Boise.  I was able to replace the rotor in Boise but waited untill I got back to Yakima to take the bike into the dealer and get the parts coming.  I ordered the parts on Tuesday, April 26 and when I went by the shop yesterday (May 4th) I was told the fender had arrived.  I thought , oh well, maybe they had the fender in stock but the fairing cap is likely another story.  I got a message today saying everything was here and when did I want the parts installed.  One week and 2 days and I had not even hoped to have the parts prior to leaving on a 2 1/2 week trip in late May.  Not bad!!

Incidently, I have Foremost Ins. and they authorized a check (less $500.00 deductible) the day the adjuster received the repair estimate.  I expected some waffling about the new front fender ($873.00) but they didn't even ask about it.  I'll get eveything installed next week but for now my wife and I are heading over Lolo pass to Missoula (weather permitting) for a 3 day riding weekend.  Sure is great being your own boss.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 21 queries.