Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Commander  (Read 916 times)

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
Power Commander
« on: June 25, 2005, 11:15:42 AM »

Anyone running the PC with the 103 map available on their website? Says 05 CVO RoadGlide with V&H slip-ons with AN filter. Contact said that was typo. Should have been 05 CVO EG. I want to get one and am curious how it will run before I get to a dyno.
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Power Commander
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 11:21:04 AM »

Anyone running the PC with the 103 map available on their website? Says 05 CVO RoadGlide with V&H slip-ons with AN filter. Contact said that was typo. Should have been 05 CVO EG. I want to get one and am curious how it will run before I get to a dyno.

I'll send you mine Cat.  It was done with true duals, high flow air cleaner and a Stage I download installed.  PM me your email address if that will help you and I'll send you the map.

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 12:24:22 PM »

Question?  Does the SEEG have a Stage 1 ECM or is it considered stock?  If I want to install a PC, do I need the Stage 1 ECM too?  (Dumb question, I know)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 12:47:53 PM »

Question?  Does the SEEG have a Stage 1 ECM or is it considered stock?  If I want to install a PC, do I need the Stage 1 ECM too?  (Dumb question, I know)

No, it's not dumb at all.  In fact it's been a point of confusion before.  

First off, you don't need to do a Stage I chip for the PC.  The Power Commander will remap to it's desired settings from whatever baseline you start it from.  The standard map on the bike is not as "good" as the Stage I map though.

So.... the only reason you'd load the Stage I map would be for a bit of redundancy.  With it loaded you'd have a map much better suited to your exhaust and air cleaner options that would be in place and on the bike just in case the Power Commander ever crapped out and you had to spend the five minutes it takes to remove it on the side of the road.

You'll want to decide first though.  After all, you won't want to change the baseline map that the Power Commander is working from after the Power Commander has been tuned.

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 05:17:08 PM »

Thanks for the email TwoLane. I am still wondering if anyone has used the 05 CVO map from the Power Commander website on the SEEG? It appears to be made with the stock ECM. I have the Stage 1 ECM and am unsure of its applicability. I haven't installed the PC yet. I do want to install it a nd then get to the Dyno at Tilley's when I can. Probably in a couple of weeks though. Anyone with maps? Sounds like I am begging for free software!!!! Damn, I guess I am???
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 06:34:55 PM by osmacat »
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

Bulldog

• Junior CVO Member
  • Love my Candy Cherry Baby!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 02:29:32 PM »

Osmacat - I am also running the V&H Slip ons, which I personally like the sound of,  but like everyone else I would like more horsepower. Very interested in how yours turns out running the PC - III  with the slip ons and also what kind of air cleaner are you running?
thanks Bulldog [smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 02:30:01 PM by bulldog »
05 SEEG 2- Tone Candy Cherry
V&H True Duals with V&H Slip ons
Power commander III
S.E. Air Cleaner
HD Flame Windshield
Chrome-Inner primary cover, Cylinder base cover,HD Chrome windshield trim, chrome starter and more.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.