Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Stock seat has got to go!!  (Read 14293 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Stock seat has got to go!!
« on: October 15, 2005, 11:26:29 PM »

Well. I went on my first long distance run yesterday since getting the bike and that stock seat has got to go. Only about 300 miles all tolled and it was like sitting on a brick. I'd like to get some input on seats. I talked to someone on here about the Mustang. I mostly ride 2 up with the wife behind me and I want her to be comfortable too. so, Lets here it. And dont go talking about a thousand dollar seat, I dont need heat, I live in AZ. Comfort and style. Thanks.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
Re: Stock seat has got to go!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 12:34:07 AM »

You might look at the zepplin 52333-97D
It has an air compressor that you can adjust 3 pressure points for the rider and 2 points for the passenger.

The price is steep but it is a comfortable ride.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 07:35:53 AM »

CVOwner,

I know this has been beat up a few times butt
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 12:26:56 PM »

I've got the Sundowner for a RK, I like it fine - thicker and wider for the rider, same size for the passenger, but the wife says it's firmer than the stock seat for the passenger area. Since most of my riding is solo with occasional two-up. looking at the Air Hawk air pillows for her.

My 02.

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 01:15:18 PM »

if you ride often your butt will toughen up and youll be fine. i rode mine last fri,sat &sun over 1000 miles no butt problem. the ol lady on the other hand may not get comfy on that seat [smiley=banana.gif]

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 04:32:51 PM »

Mustang with the back rest  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] all good for me and misses we ride long  rides all the time and zero complaints period MHO
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 07:57:40 PM »

Mustang with the back rest
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 10:16:24 PM »

My, I know we discussed this before, what Mustang seat is it? Do you have a part number? Is there just one? I know the Road King seats fit the SEEG. Thanks, I hafta get it now to satisfy momma and me. My butts actually sore, but the ride was fantastic, after the hot summer we had it was nice to get the leathers on and lay out some miles. ML

Get the one piece for the roadking. Get the plain seat. If you get the one with the black buttons they will pull out.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 10:25:36 PM »

The web address for the mustang seat for the road king, that definately fits your SEEg is at http://www.mustangseats.com/roadking97/roadking97.shtml

My husband had it on his road king while I was passenger, I and he loved it.  Then he moved it to his seeg and it has issues, but not comfort issues. Hope this helps you.  It is a great product for the price.  

/me  [smiley=cherry.gif]

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 04:31:04 PM »

I don't see what is wrong with the stock seat I have 13000 on my 04 EG and don't have a complaint. Did 750 in one day on a trip. [smiley=drink.gif]
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 08:28:52 PM »

CVOwner,

I bought the Sunray Heated seat from HD. I love it! It is simmular to the Sundowner seat by HD. I have always heard about Corbin and Mustang seats and never got to give er a good test ride. Then Laker was selling his Mustang seat Part # 75486. He bought it and was not a good fit for his long legs so I got it from him. It did set me foward slightly but I noticed it sat me up more than the Sunray seat.
I let my Buddy 1stHD74in74 try out my Sunray Heated seat before he laid out the cash for it. While he had it I used the Mustang seat and really like it. I like the fact that I can use the stock rider backrest with it. I use a king tour pak when momma rides with me so I can't tell you if the passenger backrest will fit.
With the weather cooling off I put the Sunray heated back on and It came in handy this past Saturday when I left the house it was 42*. The crack on my backside was grinnin like a mule eating briar! Rode to Hotsprings Ar. and put on over 500 miles. Last 50 miles I was kinda feeling need to change positons. I believe the Mustang seat is firmer and would been more comfortable on longer rides because of it. But too bad it 's not heated.
Anyway, I would let you try out this seat to see if you like it before you spend the money on a new one and end up like Laker and find out it's not for you. I will try to post a picture on my bike for ya. Let me know if I can help. God Bless!

[smiley=banana.gif]JR [smiley=banana.gif]

http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm

AND http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448767149&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309043229&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309043229&bmUID=1129681654149&bmLocale=en_US

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 12:23:46 AM »

Anyway, I would let you try out this seat to see if you like it before you spend the money on a new one and end up like Laker and find out it's not for you. I will try to post a picture on my bike for ya. Let me know if I can help. God Bless!http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm

Are  you selling this mustang seat in the picture? If so, lets talk price. I appreciate your help.

Mike
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 07:54:51 AM »

Mike

I'm not real sure if I want to get rid of seat yet. I will pm you a price if I do. If you want to try it out a couple weeks and I don't sell you it, then just send er back. Heck, you may not like the seat. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=banana.gif]John

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 11:22:38 AM »

JR......thanks for the review.  I like the "looks" of the seat in the photo (the deep pocket) which looks simular to a Saddleman Seat, by the way.  What I don't need, at 6'4" is a seat that's going to move me any further forward.

When riding alone, I use the stock seat........the "look good" at all costs, baby! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  But two up, I currently use the Comfort Stitch seat (and I still use my stock backrest just because it's thinner and more supportive).

I sold the Corbin that I had custom made and really regreat that!  I'd buy that one back in a heartbeat, for what I sold it for.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 12:39:05 PM »

I sold the Corbin that I had custom made and really regreat that!  I'd buy that one back in a heartbeat, for what I sold it for.

I'll see that bid and raise ya $10! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:40:45 PM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.