Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: 06 Advanced Audio Retrofit in 05 Bike  (Read 35154 times)

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
Re: 06 Advanced Audio Retrofit in 05 Bike
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2007, 02:58:08 PM »

Brian, don't start buying a bunch of parts for this until you are sure you can get a radio that has been revised to work with the older bikes.

Twolanerider,
So does that mean that Roeders does not sell the Harmon Kardon Radio for older bikes anymore?  I just pulled my old radio out to add a second aux in when I thought I might just rather upgrade to the Harmon Kardon.  I would really like to play mp3 cds instead of my iPod hooked into an aux port. 

Thanks

h2oski

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2007, 02:00:00 AM »

Water, last I spoke with anyone there they were not.  And after hacking the software the last time and seeing the radios change again and again I'd have no desire to create that bit of code all over again.  Quite a pain in the rear actually.  Thank god mine works so well.  Would not relish having to write that again for another radio.

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »

Hello Everybody ...   with the help of Twolanerider (I followed his instructions) I have successfully completed the install of the 07 Harmon Kardon, with Navigation and XM radio, into my 04 FLHTCSE.  I must say that these instructions made it a pretty simple install.   I have a few items to report out that I think need to be posted for others that do this. 

NOW the one caviate, I am unsure if its relivant or not, is that I do not have stock ECM.  I run the ThunderMAX closed loop.  I have been told that it makes no difference. but for what ever its worth,  here is the additional info...   

AVC - Automatic volume control works on my bike with the harmon kardon.  I located speed sense pin 9 (W/GN) on my original radio main plug, and traced the wire back in the harness to a location near the TAC in the dash,  CUT the wire, and connected it to Databus (LGN/V) wire on the TAC, so databus is going to the radio, and it works just fine.  I like it so much better with the AVC working.

NAVIGATION - NAV will not work properly without the AVC connected. (It looks like its working, but its not) AVC MUST be connected to the H/K and functional.

CALIBRATION - My radio was removed from an 07, and installed without any BEEPing issues that have been reported in other posts.  It was already calibrated in the previous bike. Apparently, if you have a new or referbished radio, you can install it in a 06 or above bike,  have the dealer calibrate it, and then install it in eariler models without any issues. 

I hope this information is usfull.

Thanks again for a great install procedure.
I hope it was ok to post my followup in Twolaneriders procedure.
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

SE-Randy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »

So it IS possible?!!!! That is the only thing missing on my SEEG2. I have been wanting to do this before I even picked up my bike. Can you PM the instructions you followed. I had talked to Don about this, but he had discouraged me from trying.
Don't worry about life...you'll never get out of it alive!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2009, 10:41:17 AM »

So it IS possible?!!!! That is the only thing missing on my SEEG2. I have been wanting to do this before I even picked up my bike. Can you PM the instructions you followed. I had talked to Don about this, but he had discouraged me from trying.

Randy, it's still an expensive proposition.  The only option is both considerably cheaper and a quicker install.  But with the tweaks David has worked through the HK option is at least potentially do-able again.

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2009, 07:38:01 PM »

I have added the H-K radio to my 04 with the amp, blue tooth module, cb, intercom and rear speakers.  The only thing I didn't want was the XM since I want to use it in Zumo.    I don't have any issues with any of its functions. 

The biggest issue is wiring, so much wire, hard to fit it into the fairing. 

Brad

:huepfenjump3:

SE-Randy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2009, 12:38:12 PM »

Randy, it's still an expensive proposition.  The only option is both considerably cheaper and a quicker install.  But with the tweaks David has worked through the HK option is at least potentially do-able again.

The end result I want is radio, satellite radio and intercom. I don't care about the CB, it would be nice but not as importat as the rest. None of the aftermaket solutions I have seen address the intercom. I ride 2up 75-80 of the time and having come from Ultra's love the intercom. The bluetooth head sets are cheap enough, but had rather listen to music with headsets and not over speakers. I have added a Sirius to my existing setup and it works fine except I have to remove the head unit when I park and it's not waterproof. Maybe I am going after this the wrong way. Maybe I shouldn't be so picky.  :nixweiss: Thoughts any/eveyrone?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 04:15:47 PM by SE-Randy »
Don't worry about life...you'll never get out of it alive!

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »

You basically want the same thing as I did with the exception of the CB.  Most of the parts I picked up on e-bay, a number of dealers were getting rid of old inventory and I had some help with the radio so It would work. I do like the set up I have now over the old Radio Sound package. 

An issue I had was where to mount the rider headset connection.  I didn't look long enough to see if HD had a console that would fit the 04/05 that had access for the plug. 

Brad

84badboy

• 2004 HD Ultra Classic, 105,000 miles,
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »

So, first of all thanks to Twolanerider and everyone else for posting here.   Good info & discussion.

I've got a 2004 Ultra Classic with a Sony radio and Hogwired interface.   The original stereo was replaced before I got the bike.   I'm not that happy with it.   I'm thinking of converting to a Harley H-K radio, one from a 2011 Road Glide.   It's got everything plus lifetime XM.   None of us had ever heard about having to get the newer radios recalibrated.   Am I gonna run into more or less of the same issues.   General thoughts?

I will probably be copying out this discussion and downloading Twolanerider's photos into a guide for me.

thanks anyone and everyone.

:drink:    :oops:

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »

Keep me in mind when your ready to part with the Hawg Wired interface and possibly the stereo, I want to upgrade my Cherry. Thanks, Dave

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »

So, first of all thanks to Twolanerider and everyone else for posting here.   Good info & discussion.

I've got a 2004 Ultra Classic with a Sony radio and Hogwired interface.   The original stereo was replaced before I got the bike.   I'm not that happy with it.   I'm thinking of converting to a Harley H-K radio, one from a 2011 Road Glide.   It's got everything plus lifetime XM.   None of us had ever heard about having to get the newer radios recalibrated.   Am I gonna run into more or less of the same issues.   General thoughts?

I will probably be copying out this discussion and downloading Twolanerider's photos into a guide for me.

thanks anyone and everyone.

:drink:    :oops:

Since your radio was already activated for another bike you won't have to do anything extra.  Install it and go. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.