Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tourpak Spoiler and Luggage Rack  (Read 4730 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Tourpak Spoiler and Luggage Rack
« on: May 11, 2004, 10:29:35 AM »

I really like the looks of the spoiler on the tourpack and believe it gives the bike great lines.  I also like the extra storage afforded by the addition of a luggage rack on top but am not sure the two work together.  What are other's thoughts on this look.  I currently do not have a rack, but I will be installing the spoiler this week.

There are three different models of rack currently available so I have specified them in the poll.

Are there other things to consider?

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

ashcraft

Re: Tourpak Spoiler and Luggage Rack
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 10:41:03 AM »

Although I haven't put a tour-pak on my SERK, my FF Electra-Glide came with one. I added the spoiler/led light to be more visible to those behind me, and I put the rack on to have a place to tie stuff to when traveling. Seems like there is always just one more item to take along, or no room for the leather jackets after it warms up.
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 11:26:23 AM »

My primary purpose is comfort and function, for the long hauls.  I have the king tour pak with luggage rack and had it on both of my Ultra Classics and it definately gets used.  However, I am seriously considering the spoiler on the tour pak as well as those on the saddle bags primarily for more visual to the rear, especially at night.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 11:31:25 AM »

If looks are your primary consideration, then do the spoiler only.  If you like the praticality of the luggage rack, then do that, too.  My $0.02 (and that's all it's worth), on a regular Electra Glide Classic or Ultra Classic, the rack is fine, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to pierce and cover up the stripes and flames that you have on the SEEG tour-pak.  

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 09:39:45 PM »

Their are pictures of my Orange & Black bike in the tour pak graphics thread it has the spoiler & premium rack on it (no light having pinstripping done). [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 09:23:32 PM »

JC..ever consider the kuryakyn panacea led light brake kit? It is really visible.  I put the grey smoke lens on it and it looks really cool parked (no light)
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 10:01:42 PM »

JC..ever consider the kuryakyn panacea led light brake kit? It is really visible.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 10:39:39 PM »

Spoilers Installed...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 11:03:12 PM »

JC..ever consider the kuryakyn panacea led light brake kit? It is really visible.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 11:04:05 PM »

Spoilers Installed...

Thanks for the photo.  Now are all three of these running lights, as well as brake lights?

West Coast GTG   

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 06:33:07 AM »

Thanks for the photo.

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 08:55:57 AM »

I have the 01 SERG and it CAME with the chopped tour pack, spoiler AND mini luggage rack. I kept the tour pack lid and got the full sized tour pack for the added storage capacity.

At the same time I replaced the small luggage rack with the premium-full sized luggage rack because the T-Bag Decker Supreme bag is made to fit exactly into the full sized luggage rack and for long trips it is REALLY nice to have the added storage capacity. Another problem I found with the mini luggage rack is that a big item tied to it will tend to hang over the edge of the rack and sit on the paint of the tour pack lid. This can cause scratches in the oaint if you are not very carefull.

[smiley=laugh.gif]

One thing to keep in mind is that the mini and premium luggage racks DO NOT have the exact same hole pattern! The mini acutally has a bigger hole pattern than the premium unit by about 1/2 inch! Since I was already painting the full size tour pak to match, I just sent in the original lid and had the painter fill the extra set of holes in the lid at the same time.

The moral here is choose the right luggage rack for your needs the first time since you can't just swap them out without filling in bolt holes in the tour pack lid!

However, my model came with no graphics on the tour pack lid.

As far as the lighting, I think more visibility is a good thing so I go with the Panecea on all my bikes with the little plug-in brain that makes EVERYTHINS pulsate when you hit the brakes. It helps to alert those idiots who are too busy talking on their cell phones while tailgating us! [smiley=furious.gif]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 09:15:03 AM by garya1 »
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 10:06:35 AM »

Yes, That is a photo with the running lights...this is with the brake lights:

That's what I'm after.....all three are running lights and brake lights.  That's it, for me......thanks for the photos.

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.