Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Stebel Mini Air Horn--stock location on a SEEG  (Read 39626 times)

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Stebel Mini Air Horn--stock location on a SEEG
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58:34 AM »

When applying the epoxy to the covers, are you using the 5-minute epoxy that comes in the dual-cylinder syringe?  Or is it really Marine Epoxy, if so, was there a brand?
There is an awful lot of vibration on that horn from our engines.  No one's had any problem with the epoxy breaking free?

A group of us ordered 3 horns from bikerhiway.com  Looks like a busy Saturday, doing all three at once!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »

With a little trimming, it WILL fit behind the stock horn cover.  I know...I did it ;)  Works great, and you can't see it.

Thanks SCRM-R, I'm looking to install it in the Chromedome sculpted Eagle cover I ordered, which accomodates a stock horn. I haven't received the new horn cover yet, so I'm not sure if there's more or less room than the stock horn cover. Anyone?

BTW SCRM-R, how's that 117" of yours doing? ;) Hoist! 8-)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:08:11 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »

BTW SCRM-R, how's that 117" of yours doing? ;) Hoist! 8-)
It's doing great! I'll be trolling for rice rockets to race this weekend. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  I posted the dyno chart over in the Twin Cam section.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »

When applying the epoxy to the covers, are you using the 5-minute epoxy that comes in the dual-cylinder syringe?  Or is it really Marine Epoxy, if so, was there a brand?
There is an awful lot of vibration on that horn from our engines.  No one's had any problem with the epoxy breaking free?
I'm not sure where you are talking about using epoxy.  The only part that I glued was the fitting into the horn to connect the hose to, and I used a product that works well on plastic...it's called Stix-All, made by Elmer's...use it on a lot of things...good chit.  I used real heavy duty zip ties to hold the horn into the cover...I've had it on for months now with no problems....and it is LOUD!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:44:47 PM by TallyKing »
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »

It's doing great! I'll be trolling for rice rockets to race this weekend. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  I posted the dyno chart over in the Twin Cam section.

I saw, great numbers man! You must be havin' a blast with that thing! ;D Have fun cooking the rice! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2007, 01:26:13 PM »

A group of us ordered 3 horns from bikerhiway.com  Looks like a busy Saturday, doing all three at once!!!

I used a marine grade epoxy adhesive.  In good thick dobs too.  To help absorb vibration.  Don't remember the brand name but it comes from the marina or marine shops.  Wicked stuff to work in most all environments (like the horn hopefully will).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:26:47 PM by twolanerider »

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2007, 06:15:59 PM »

I used real heavy duty zip ties to hold the horn into the cover...I've had it on for months now with no problems....and it is LOUD!

I also used zip ties and they wore through after a couple thousand miles.  Pulled up to a stop, heard a clanking noise and noticed that the horn was hanging by the hose. :o  Ended up zipping it back on as best I could for the trip home, it's tough to do on a hot engine.  When I got home I tied it in with wire and haven't had a problem in over 5K miles.  ;)

Jeevz

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »

Has anyone tried stuffing the Stebel horn behind the batwing fairing [smiley=confused5.gif]
My o.e. horn fits behind there, it would be nice if the Stebel could be shoehorned in to fit.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »

Has anyone tried stuffing the Stebel horn behind the batwing fairing [smiley=confused5.gif]
My o.e. horn fits behind there, it would be nice if the Stebel could be shoehorned in to fit.

Uh..... Mark, man, I'm sorta; well, runnin' out of space inside there  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] .

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2007, 07:00:16 PM »

Uh..... Mark, man, I'm sorta; well, runnin' out of space inside there  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] .

You could always remove your Hawgwired amps & sell them to me for a used price [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2007, 01:50:02 AM »

Sorry for digging up an old post....
Does anyone have a source for these Stebel horns in Canada?
I am NOT spending $25 PLUS brokerage fees to buy a $35 horn that I am going to cut up before i use it....

Brad

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2007, 01:53:56 AM »

Sorry for digging up an old post....
Does anyone have a source for these Stebel horns in Canada?
I am NOT spending $25 PLUS brokerage fees to buy a $35 horn that I am going to cut up before i use it....Brad
No, but if you don't mind waiting till July, we can pick one up on this side of the border and bring it with us to Nelson.............................         

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2007, 03:26:57 AM »

You could always remove your Hawgwired amps & sell them to me for a used price [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Man oh man Mark, I had to have missed this post when it flew by the first time.  Would've been sputtering so bad wouldn't have survived to Valentine's day.  All kidding aside though you might set up an automatic search on eBay.  I bought a used set of them there three or four months ago that became an Christmas present for someone's Street Glide.  Got 'em for $215.00.

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »

No, but if you don't mind waiting till July, we can pick one up on this side of the border and bring it with us to Nelson.............................         

Thanks for the offer...
I just might take you up on that!!

Brad

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2007, 01:15:41 AM »

I know there have been lots of question on Don's glowing tutorial on the air horn installation, but seems alot of horn covers can't accomadate some of these, so having just seen this and the fact that you can keep your stock horn, has anyone tried one of these?
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3787
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.