Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: It happened again. Harley culture versus mainstream motorcycle culture.  (Read 4433 times)

VMAX-VROD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

I found this story extremely humorous. I own 5 different brands of bikes at this very moment and I enjoy every one of them. I am always entertained by braggers and douche bags that tell tall tales. I've encountered "that guy" you mention in your story a bunch of times. I go to bike night at my local drag strip several times over the summer. I always invite "that guy" to line his bike up next to mine for a run down the 1320. Most never show. One showed up but made excuses why he couldn't run that night. I'd bet my morning coffee that guy wouldn't show-up either. And one more thing... if you think a V-Rod is fast you have NEVER ridden a fast bike.

Exactly. But man was it a word-fest. This kind of guy never shuts up. Or at least not until he gets older, I suppose.

VMAX-VROD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Fast bikes are why mine stay stock.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  It avoids all kinds of escalating levels of stupid.  Now if you want to chat all the details of the variations of stock and how we got that way; well, that's beer time again.

Sounds rational and reasonable to me.

I’m used to these convos happening when I pull up on something really quick/fast. I’m not as used to listening to this stuff before they even see what you’re riding to know what they’re challenging.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Yeah, lets ride instead of trying to insult people on where they live.  Must be a newbie thing!  ,)
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

spook120

• Senior CVO Member

My first response was one of wonderment if the OP was old enough to even ride much less race....

VMAX-VROD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

My first response was one of wonderment if the OP was old enough to even ride much less race....

Are you mistaken and referring to the Demo ride douchebag or are actually referring to me?

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!

I have to laugh every time someone starts taking race. I daughters boyfriend rides a busa and if that isn't enough it's on the bottle too. He used to give me crap about racing him all the time. He is young like we all were once. Guess thats while he still rides a busa. Just for amusement one night I agreed to race him but it had to be on my terms. He was all over it. So the rules I asigned was starting line was the stop light on main street and green would be our light. First one to Beale Street, roughly 700 miles from here would be the winner. Didn't take him long for a kid to figure out who would win. If you in the wind you are good and every scoot out there has a purpose. I didn't want any part of him stop light to stop light and he didn't want anything to do with a slow old bagger once you started stretching out the days. Upside is doesn't matter if we are in town riding, or we are out riding for the day, the speed or the stops for rest always caterer to the bike that is at the disadvantage
Most great stores start with a bad decision

VMAX-VROD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

I have to laugh every time someone starts taking race. I daughters boyfriend rides a busa and if that isn't enough it's on the bottle too. He used to give me crap about racing him all the time. He is young like we all were once. Guess thats while he still rides a busa. Just for amusement one night I agreed to race him but it had to be on my terms. He was all over it. So the rules I asigned was starting line was the stop light on main street and green would be our light. First one to Beale Street, roughly 700 miles from here would be the winner. Didn't take him long for a kid to figure out who would win. If you in the wind you are good and every scoot out there has a purpose. I didn't want any part of him stop light to stop light and he didn't want anything to do with a slow old bagger once you started stretching out the days. Upside is doesn't matter if we are in town riding, or we are out riding for the day, the speed or the stops for rest always caterer to the bike that is at the disadvantage

Truth

VMAX-VROD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

I see you’ve personally demonstrated that the BMW GS culture is even worse than the bad aspects of the Harley culture. Thanks for that input from the Demon over-compensation crowd, too.

tunaman

• 2019 FLHTKSE
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Limited
    • CVO2: 2016 C7 Z51
    • CVO3: 2007 Fat Boy (non-CVO)

Cali insults aside, there are douchebags in all walks of society. I generally try to recognize them early on and gracefully exit the first chance I get… not worth my time to verbally spar with them or listen to their drivel.

Life is short.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback

Cali insults aside, there are douchebags in all walks of society. I generally try to recognize them early on and gracefully exit the first chance I get… not worth my time to verbally spar with them or listen to their drivel.

Life is short.
I concur!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust

I concur!

Concur as well. But I do get amused reading certain comments on some message boards.  One of the Standards of Douchebagdom is they are willing to prove their status given any opportunity.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Concur as well.

Me too.  Didn't read back to see what I'm agreeing to.  But, especially if it's about Gary or Greg, I like to agree and go with the crowd.  So I'm in too.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust

Concur as well.

Me too.  Didn't read back to see what I'm agreeing to.  But, especially if it's about Gary or Greg, I like to agree and go with the crowd.  So I'm in too.

Am pretty sure "con cur" is the Spanish phrase for "with dog."

Not sure which dog this one is, but anytime a dog is involved is usually ok by me.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Am pretty sure "con cur" is the Spanish phrase for "with dog."

Not sure which dog this one is, but anytime a dog is involved is usually ok by me.

If it's a dog that likes to travel it would be an FLTK9.  If it's a dog that likes to travel at higher cost it would be an FLTK9SE.  If it's an old dog that still likes to travel, has higher cost associated with it, always looked good, and mainlines its food it would be an FLTK9SEI.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member

I see you’ve personally demonstrated that the BMW GS culture is even worse than the bad aspects of the Harley culture. Thanks for that input from the Demon over-compensation crowd, too.
  I am not sure what the hell your talking about Newbie, but please continue to ingratiate yourself to those of us that have been here awhile.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:09:05 PM by spook120 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.