Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automatic Compression Release  (Read 2064 times)

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
Automatic Compression Release
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:40:32 AM »

How would I know if my '10 STSE has an A.C.R.? I know what a compression release is from my younger days riding dirt bikes. I'm not hearing any of that on decelaration? Is that an add-on option for the 110cu.in. Engine? Just reading up on TTS tuning process and it mentions whether to disable this function or not in instructions. Has me a little confused. Help Please?
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Automatic Compression Release
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 01:52:56 AM »

How would I know if my '10 STSE has an A.C.R.? I know what a compression release is from my younger days riding dirt bikes. I'm not hearing any of that on decelaration? Is that an add-on option for the 110cu.in. Engine? Just reading up on TTS tuning process and it mentions whether to disable this function or not in instructions. Has me a little confused. Help Please?

Your 110" has automatic compression releases. The whole idea is not to hear anything. You will notice a failure of one while trying to start the bike. If the bike "coughs" and has a hard time rolling over while starting, you have a problem. On earlier 110"'s, the wire may have come close to the exhaust pipe and gotten burnt. This typically caused a short circuit and would disable the release. The bike would turn over while starting, but would make a gawd awful sound like the starter teeth were grinding (which they were). Unless you're hearing something abnormal, I wouldn't worry about it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:04:40 PM by hard10 »

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 01:54:48 AM »

How would I know if my '10 STSE has an A.C.R.? ...

I should have answered that by saying: yes you have them and they can be found by looking for a pencil shaped object with a wire coming out of the end. That'll be the ACR.

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 03:39:13 AM »

Thank you
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.