Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2 years and 15k miles later!  (Read 2460 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: 2 years and 15k miles later!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 07:24:05 PM »

My 2017 cvo limited had multiple problems
Failed heated hand grips, 3 front brake rotors, until I told them it was a defective wheel, clutch master cylinder, saddle bag power locks, tour pack paint issues, tour pack light bar and oil transfer from trans to primary case.
There may have been more but I gave up after that.
Replaced rear tire at 15000, traded the bike in at 18000 before mounting the front tire.
Dealer convinced me to get rid of it for a 2019 cvo limited as all those problems were fixed, NOT.
The new one has 2000 miles and they took care of the oil transfer and I hope that’s the end of problems.
Power, handling, etc all good.
Got my fingers crossed
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
Re: 2 years and 15k miles later!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 01:18:05 PM »

I've had my 2017 cvo limited for 2 years and here is my experience with the bike for those considering a new bike.
1. Ride and Performance:
I've ridden this bike 2 up all over the rockies, the smokies and run it at 80-85 mph for interstate runs up to 12 hours non-stop except for gas. Averaged 38-40 mph most of the time, runs the pants off my past cvo's and the bike handles better in stock configuration than any previous harley I've owned. My bile is 100% stock except for Rinehart 4.5 Motopros. I just did the 15k service and everything was as it should be. Still on the original tires and will replace both at 17-18k miles.
2. Comfort and Sound:
The stock seat and handlebars work fine for me at 6'2" and havent changed  any of the stock stuff there. The audio was not great, so I had the speakers and amps ripped out and a high quality audio setup put in and now it sounds great.
3. Finish and paint:
The paint job is exceptional like most harley cvo's and has stood up well to the elements. The tank emblems got loose and were replaced under warranty, no big deal, no other issues.

Good report,
My bike is just like yours except I have added taller bars and premium rear suspension. The stock stereo has been acceptable to me and the wife. Much better than all the non-CVO bikes we have owned. Funny but I to had one tank emblem come loose on one edge. It was an easy repair at home. My wife and I ride two up and take a lot of trips. We have been over a 1000 miles from home several times now. Will turn over 15k miles this month and have had ZERO issues. Just had the clutch recall done. The power of this bike is amazing. I can drop to 55 mph in 6th gear and just with the twist of the throttle pass a semi uphill and see 80 mph like nothing with power to spare. The wife as a passenger can also easily feel the power difference from previous bikes. We have been very happy and have never had a color that attracts so much interest and gets as many compliments.
Ride Safe
Spike
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 26 queries.