Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: V-Rod Bagger  (Read 28851 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: V-Rod Bagger
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 08:33:53 PM »

V
   I know I promised DC I'd quit monkeying around, but I'm going bananas readin this thread. The pic of the blue bike Jock posted above with the leather bags, a Corbin seat and a windshield is a pretty good set-up for working a V-Rod into a touring bike without making the bike look like a Road Glide. Notice the luggage rack on the back. With a seat back for the passenger seat you'd have some good anchor spots for some tie down luggage as well as the saddlebags for day to day use. You could also pull off the windshield and put your stock seat on around town. Try to visualize the Corbin set-up on the orange and black SE V-Rod with the seat and bags done in an Ostich or Alligator from Alligator Bob along the lines of the post on Best CVO Pic of 2006  $$$$$$$ to be sure little sister, but done right you'd have one sweet one of kind signature ride. Maybe you could become the new Marla. God knows we've been waiting for someone to step up and fill her shoes since she left us.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 04:34:58 PM »

V

You do know who Marla was I hope

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »

Not a clue!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2006, 09:53:46 PM »

Marla and her dog Scooter used to ride around the country on an Electra Glide attending events and doing articles for the biker mags. Roving Reporter, photojournalist, whatever, she did what she had to do to not only survive, but live a life that made most of us jealous. She was something special and those of us fortunate enough to have known her still miss her. She was from Canada and cool as only Canadian women can be, fiesty as hell --you either loved Marla or you didn't , but everyone respected her. Mind you, when she started doing this back in the late 80's, there still weren't that many women riders and she was the only woman doing this. Actually she and Rip from Easyrider were about it period.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 09:55:12 PM by SPIDERMAN »

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 10:11:22 PM »

No, the homework I was doing is Operations Management for the MBA.  SUCKS!!!!   And to think I was considering going on to Law School!  Maybe later...NOT after these two years!  LOTS of time off!!  

I could definitely travel the world with a camera and a pen, but not the pooch!  I gave up on pets when I had 4 bottomless pits with upturned palms saying, "Mom, I need (fill the in the blank)!!!"  I'll look up Marla soon...after I fill 4 new positions at work...after we knock out a few walls to build new offices to house them...after we get Ma Bell to finish the fiber installation....after....what does it matter at this point!!!!  I need some coffee!  Want a cup?  Cream?   :-?

Back to the reason for this thread before I get accused of jacking it... [smiley=oops.gif]

Those bags won't work (considering the relocated taillight/tag as DC so delicately put it!!)  I need an immediate - even if temporary - solution so that I can bring my clothes back with me from MB.  I'm flying in to pick it up.  I'm going back through Charleston to see a pirate friend.  So I have to have some clothes and can't just ship them!!!    8-)

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »

Well as a temporary thing, I'd suggest some throwover bags from one of the catalogue companies.J&P whomever. I had a aset of pretty big bags I bought from H-D I used to use on one of my FXR's but I don't believe they sell them anymore. You could also buy the base plate, high sissy bar and luggage rack that fit the SEVROD and coerce DC into helping you put them on the bike. that would give you tie down points for a good size backpack

On a permament basis, you are going to need to get someone to cusom fit you a set of bags. I suggested leather because someone like Alligator Bob could make the bags to fit the bike. I also think some type of brown leather with the paint work on the SEVROD would look cool  As long as you don't want to remove DC's License plate set-up you're not going to fit a set of hardbags to the bike. Not trying to be a dick, just telling you the straight story

Sounds like you got enough on your plate without running away and becoming a Gypsy Biker, but it sure makes for a sweet thought to slide off to sleep with now doesn't it.  

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2006, 10:50:49 PM »

I know, I know!  Didn't mean to insinuate you were a  [smiley=banana.gif]!  I appreciate everyone's suggestions!  Look at the roll-up bag on the storage help thread....Maybe?

Ewww!  Throw-overs on a V!   :o  Ok, it's functional!  But I'm a girl, for goodness sake, and LOOKS are important!!  I was thinking of the hardbags, but forgot about the tag relo AND I like the tag relo!  I'm thinking I'll have to get some beat up hardbags that can be modified...set the LED and sideplate in fiberglass on the  back of one bag and have graphics to match the bike airbrushed on the bags.  So if you know of anyone that has some hardbags that was rear-ended, point them my way!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

In the meantime, it looks like I'll be buying a sissy bar and luggage rack for the trip.  Damn now I just have to decide on which pair of boots to carry since I can only carry one pair!!!!  

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2006, 04:55:59 AM »

What ever you decide on let me know. The trailer has a tool box bolted to the floor under the work bench. I just need to know if I should load it with metrics also. I have plenty of room so it won't be a problem.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2006, 11:04:05 AM »

V

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:05:35 AM by SPIDERMAN »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2006, 10:27:51 PM »

In the meantime, it looks like I'll be buying a sissy bar and luggage rack for the trip.
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2006, 11:38:39 PM »

YEAH!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:39:51 PM by TheVgirl »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2006, 11:32:13 AM »

V look at the thread some mods done. Then look right at the shocks in the rear and you will see the turn signals. Look very cool at night.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2006, 08:49:43 PM »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2006, 06:45:51 AM »

Bagger Options...

http://www.cyclevisions.com

Jock they look good but NOT FOR A SCREAMIN EAGLE V ROD!!!!!

BTW in your sig you said you will have NHRA Bristol pics. It was on TV last night.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2006, 07:37:24 AM »

Jock they look good but NOT FOR A SCREAMIN EAGLE V ROD!!!!!

I am with you there...I personally do not like the look of a V-Rod Bagger.  Different strokes for different folks...It's all good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.