Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: THE "V" GIRL has a new V ROD  (Read 33350 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: THE "V" GIRL has a new V ROD
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 07:59:11 AM »

Jock, what's the dry weight of the Hayabusa?  

If memory serves me correctly around 480lbs...As to my comments, I would take the V over the Busa in bad weather conditions.  In addition as for riding position, the V wins again.

However for speed, the Busa wins and that was where my mind was during my comments.

Enjoy the Ride...

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 10:40:25 AM »

You know I've said this before and it always seems to piss people off. That's too bad because this should be about the motorcycles and not about people getting all pissy over stuff.  While I do not see this site as exclusive to CVO H-Ds and truly enjoy all of the custom rides I see posted on the site, I do not care for the references to the metric bikes whenever people get talking about how fast a particular H-D is. Why the need to rain on the parade ? I live in an area full of young balls to the wall military guys (and girls) and most of them ride metric. chit, I can walk out of my office and count three Hyabusa's without even walking 300 yards. And they rocket by me on the highway like I'm riding an old tin lizzie. SO I know what they are and what they can do. What I love about this site is the people like Hubbard who are so unabashedly give me a Harley-Davidson or nothing. I love having a place I can go where I do not have to listen to the smack about metric bikes. As far as I am concerned, The Screamin Eagle V-Rod as modified by DC and as I had mine when I owned it is a rocket ship of awesome proportions. The total experice of the stripped down bike with the mechanicals exposed, the incredible sound of the motor thumping through a set of Thunderheaders and the gut wrenching feel of just barely hanging on when you launch one at 6,000 RPMs is a pure adrenaline rush. And all the more so because it is a Harley-Davidson. I do not know V personally and yet I am excited for her in that she has this gorgeous, incredibly fast, head turning Harley-Davidson motorcycle in a way I could never be if she had bought a Hyabusa. As Big Daddy always says though, that's just my $.02

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »

Nice pics, V....that sissy bar would keep my butt from sliding off the back  ;)  But,might flip off on my head.

I do think some of the Sport Bikes are top heavy and prone to being moved around by wind gusts...Harley's, and particularly your vrod, have a lower center of gravity for sure, so are more stable in certain conditions. There's a couple of sport tourers out there with the weight down lower, but they're not rice burners!!  

Different bikes for different things....that's why you need more than one!!!    [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Be safe...Four wheels move your body...Two wheels move your SOUL!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »

Don't get me wrong...if I could afford it, I'd have me an '06 SEVROD sitting in the basement right now...but, one at a time.

That headlight setup is REALLY nice!!!

TTS Mastertune

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 11:11:34 AM »

I"ll bet it won't happen!!!!! We talked about it and she had a very good idea, I hope she does it and posts it soon!!!! BTW I have one but I will need permission before I post it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG  
-------------------------------------------
PERMISSION GRANTED !!!!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

PS: That is if you'll accept a forged "Power of Attorney"..... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 11:26:34 AM »

I'm not sure I'd feel that way on a sportbike sitting high and being top heavy!!   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I'm soooo glad we all behaved ourselves and did not indulge in smutty innuendos and references to "being top heavy" - even with some encouragement from V herself

[highlight]"It wouldn't be my @$$ I'd be worried about!  You'd have to hang on somewhere and those are not OH SH!# handles!!!!"[/highlight]

Well done Guys

And super well done V - Congrats on the new ride - Looks great

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 02:16:05 PM »

[highlight]indulge in smutty innuendos and references to "being top heavy" - even with some encouragement from V herself  [/highlight]

What'd I miss ?  :o

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »

D@mn Brian, I'm laughing so much I'm coughing here

C'mon, not like you to miss an obvious double entendre - read all the post - it's there, staring you in the ... ready for you to grab with both h ... - well you know what I mean I'm sure.

Talking of which - did you hear about the woman who walked into a Bar and asked the cocktail man for a double entendre - so he gave her one...

Cheers

Dave

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »

It's early yet..... ;D  

V...how does the v handle in the turns?  I know it will HA, but does it hold a line in a sweeper once you put it there?  

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

It's early yet..... ;D  

V...how does the v handle in the turns?  [highlight]I know it will HA,[/highlight] but does it hold a line in a sweeper once you put it there?  

You have no idea what you said in this post Dude, but V and I are both laughing right now. Thanks  8-)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2006, 03:04:53 AM »

I do not care for the references to the metric bikes whenever people get talking about how fast a particular H-D is. Why the need to rain on the parade?

[smiley=smilie_eimer.gif]  Chill!!

It's OK Spiderman!  Jock meant no harm!  Calm down!  He OWNS a Vrod, remember?????  I wasn't dissing his comments at all!  I was just curious how much they weighed because on numerous occassions I thought to myself, "Thank God I'm not on the Sporster!"  Then everytime I'd see a Sportbike (particularly with a passenger) getting whipped around worse than I was, I'd think, "Thank God I'm on a Harley (and it's heavy)!!"  

I have friends that race bikes and another that races and teaches m/c racing classes for Dunlop and as he said, "You know I have never seen a cruiser or a bagger on the track during a class!"  

It's all good!!

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2006, 05:22:26 AM »

Sorry, Dave!  I'll try to do better!!!

You're doing just fine V

Cheers

Dave

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2006, 07:02:49 AM »

Nice try, Fatboy!!   ;)

Yea Girlie wasn't it!!!!!!! I did like the pic you posted though. Not what we discussed but close!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2006, 08:14:06 AM »

Too much innuendo and shrouds of mystique in this thread. And the Vgirl is still nefarious. She's an apparition I guess [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2006, 08:16:21 AM »

But while I was analyzing the Vgirls ride in the pic of the headlight bucket you can see a reflection,could that possibly be the notorius V?
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.