Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OK--Now Glare over previous paint sealer?  (Read 4617 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
OK--Now Glare over previous paint sealer?
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »

I keep my bike spotless and use Glasse polymer paint sealer. It has many coats over the last two years. I want to try Glare Polish. My question: is with the paint sealer on it, will the Glare bond to that?  I don't see how I can get it all off and get down to the original clear coat. 
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: OK--Now Glare over previous paint sealer?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »

I keep my bike spotless and use Glasse polymer paint sealer. It has many coats over the last two years. I want to try Glare Polish. My question: is with the paint sealer on it, will the Glare bond to that?  I don't see how I can get it all off and get down to the original clear coat. 
I think your question is most appropriately answered by the Glare Chemist....maybe he'll pop up and give you the scientific analysis....all we can do is guess and you already are doing that. :-\  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »

I already addressed him both in a thread and a private email and he hasn't responded. But I'd really like to know if it will work, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Thanks for your idea.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

hogasm

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:55 AM »

I remember in my short lifetime that a phone call did wonders, but today  where everyone texts or emails.......give them a call at 866-37GLARE

Not everyone has the time to be on the computer all day long

55Belair

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 10:13:31 AM »

WHERE CAN THIS GLARE POLISH BE PURCHASED AT?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:15:51 AM »

WHERE CAN THIS GLARE POLISH BE PURCHASED AT?

Read this thread.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=62802.0

Scott beat me by 20 seconds!

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »

give them a call at 866-37GLARE

Good idea. I just talked to Perry Stevens at Glare. He said that the Glasse finish is a wax and polymer and will be gone in a month. He also said that if his kit is used, there would be very little or none left after the pre-polish steps.  So I ordered a kit at Fathers Day price. $93 less 15% plus $10 shipping. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 02:16:48 PM »

Good idea. I just talked to Perry Stevens at Glare. He said that the Glasse finish is a wax and polymer and will be gone in a month. He also said that if his kit is used, there would be very little or none left after the pre-polish steps.  So I ordered a kit at Fathers Day price. $93 less 15% plus $10 shipping.  

Looking forward to your review.  I've been using Auto Magic (get it by the gallon from the distributor) polymer sealant for years on all my vehicles.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Crier

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »

Glare does sound intriguing but I just can't break the habit of using Liquid Glass.

Liquid Glass has been the ONLY polished I’ve used on my rides since I bought my first Harley back in 1985.

I think I'd feel guilty using anything else...... :nixweiss:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 05:41:48 PM »

Nothing wrong with sticking with what has worked well for ya.  Just sayin....if you ever do stray and try Glare Pro Polish, you'll kick ole liquid glass to the curb so fast it'll haze-over.  :oops: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »

My bad---I have a returned email from Perry soon after I contacted him a couple of weeks ago. It was on an email that I don't check very often. Here it is.

"Yes, don't worry . When you use the Glare on your bike the Klasse will come off if it is not already off as Glare is heat resistant  up to 650 degrees. F. and polymers such as Klasse is 120 degrees. big difference.

I suggest you get the Winners Circle Pro Kit. This is the greatest kit ever developed to bring new or old paint to better than new. "

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 10:33:40 PM »

Don't worry about the getting the Klasse off, it does it itself everytime you wash the bike, wax based product that naturally goes away from heat, soap etc. I tried the Glare, friend gave it to me. Way overpriced, worked O.K but nothing out of the ordinary so I went right back to Mothers Machine 1 & 2. Much better gloss and stays as long as any of it, to me if it lasts a couple months that is cool, I am gonna wax it again by then anyway. Mothers on Amazon, buy $25 worth and no tax, no shipping or catch it at Pep Boys buy 1 get one occassionally. Good people, good product. I machine wax bike/cars/trailers with correct grade of foam pads and remove dried product with micro fiber over foam pad on machine. Glare just did not have the lustre that I get with Mothers.

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »

I think your question is most appropriately answered by the Glare Chemist....maybe he'll pop up and give you the scientific analysis....all we can do is guess and you already are doing that. :-\  spyder

Yes you can go over your polymer coating with Glare. Polymers adhere through a ionic bond not at the molecular level which Glare adheres to paint. Glare adheres to paint covalently. So if you use the 4 step process the Glare Winners Circle Pro Kit would be your choice. Any further questions you may have e-mail me. Hope this helped?  Safe Ridding!

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.