Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Whats everyone putting on they're 09's for exhaust  (Read 30130 times)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Whats everyone putting on they're 09's for exhaust
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »

Glad you guys are here. At least I can run some of these ideas past ya.

It will piss me off to find out I need a tuner on a $32000 bike right out of the box. I've cranked down on it and for HP and Torque...... sorry folks it don't cut it in it's present condition.

So if there is someone "Out There" who can detail a plan to get another 20-25HP and 15-20 ft/lbs of torque out of this stock bagger please speak up. As heavy as this bike is I am not sure that will be enough, but it's a place to start.

And YES it is ROCKET SCIENCE to me, but I am one hell of a good student.

The impossible just takes a little longer.....

The impossible just takes a little longer

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »

Hey, when are one of you guys going to try adding shark fins ?  You know its going to happen. :D  I think they would look cool and add to the retro look.  Doc
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:38:16 AM by grandpadoc »

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 04:04:17 AM »

As for me, I'm just going to set back ride my SERG that sounds like a ( sewing Machine )  and wait and watch to see what happens, they will have an answer to all the questions soon! with the set up on my 05  SEEG cherry, pipes SERT and cams I'm 109 HP and 115 TP and it runs like a top, so will the SERG. I'm hoping somebody will rework the stock pipes, I really like the look of them now!

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 07:03:38 AM »

Those numbers would work, nice to know. Thanks iselbulls!

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »

FYI

A conclusion from "hotbikeweb.com"

Conclusions

If you are modifying a Harley EFI (Delphi or Magneti-Marelli) engine with more than a high-flowing air cleaner, chances are you will need to adjust the engine's fuel curve to achieve maximum power and smooth ridability. Although nothing is set in concrete, here are a few things to consider when modifying an engine with a Harley-based EFI system

Harley-Davidson offers a wide selection of ECM recalibration "downloadable maps" for its SE Stage I and Stage II kits that often get the job done. Fuel-curve adjustments for minor performance upgrades-high-flowing air cleaners, free-flowing exhaust systems, and some mild cams-can often be handled by low-cost pot-style devices. Once you install moderate to big cams (and sometimes even mild cams) or venture into the realm of 100-plus cubic-inch displacement, you're probably going to need a map-based device offering a wide range of fuel curve adjustments, such as a Dynojet Power Commander or Harley-Davidson Race Tuner

Sometimes you can download a map to get the tuning close, then do final tuning with an add-on or map-based device. Moreover, if you are going to make modifications in small increments over a long period, it is usually more cost-effective to start with a map-based SE Race Tuner or Power Commander, because that's what you'll need in the end to get the tuning correct. Before making a decision on purchasing a tuning device, make sure you really need one. Some mild engine combinations don't need anything beyond the stock ECM. Finally, make sure downloadable maps are available for your engine combination and that you have a local tuner who's knowledgeable about the device you are considering. A knowledgeable and honest tuner is the best friend you can have when delving into the complex world of EFI. Happy tuning!

Jerry, I can't remember where I read your post before.. but I am sure I have seen it. Can you give me the source of your  info so I can study it more..... Thanks in advance

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »

Wut the hell was that maneuver

MikeD

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 06:16:56 AM »

Hey, when are one of you guys going to try adding shark fins ?  You know its going to happen. :D  I think they would look cool and add to the retro look.  Doc

The dealership was trying to talk me into the Vance and Hine turn down with the "beak" looking end cap.

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »

beakers...yuck!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 04:25:24 PM »

How about a pair of "moon" tips?   ::)

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »

I spoke with Steve this afternoon at Fullsac and his cores will fit the 09 FLTRSE3 muffs that he received today. He will send my 2" cores out Monday. Can't wait for the install, as this is the kind of thing I love to do.

Anywho... Thanks dowell, for sending him your muffs.   Now the good stuff....

There are no cats in the muffs he currently has, there maybe in the Calif edition, dunno. Someone has posted that there is a cat in the pipe before the cross, so ...... dowell since your muffs are off would you PLEASE...... take a flash light and look up those pipes and see if there is a cat or obstruction (I would use a fish tape) at this location?
This would be great info. Maybe there are cats somewhere, but only on the Calif models, maybe not.

After all,
What the Hell do I know??

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 07:49:40 PM »

Good news on the Fullsac's.   I may go that way as well.  I was at a HD dealer today and they just returned from a Rinehart show.  They said that Rinehart will not have a true duals setup for the 09 models for 10 months!  I'm wondering if this is a line of BS just to get me to buy pipes from them now or legit? 

What size baffle did you decide to go with?   

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:10:09 PM by Jim Kerr »

MikeD

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »

Well, I'm impatient and not too mechanically inclined, so I ordered the Rinehart and put on the new SERT from the MOCO today.  Performance is great, Sound is ok but would be better with a true dual system for sure!  Looks, ok, but I wish they were 4" pipes, instead of 3 1/2". 

Granite Mountain is having an open house tomorrow and Brian Klock from Klock Werks is going to be there.  He was at the dealership today and looked at my bike and was underneath taking measurements. It appears we have the same idea of using the space provided for some type of muffler, maybe oval or something.  I didn't meet him, but he told the Sales manager that he wanted to meet me and talk about my bike.  Luckily I had a Klock Werks 8" on there.  He told the sales manager that he came up with alot of the ideas on the new SERG but HD wouldn't give him credit!  Um... Yea... Everyone here did too!!!  I'll keep ya'll posted!

P.S. Heres a pic...  Someone wanted one with the lights on, so I'm killin two birds with one stone...  This is the brake lights, I couldn't get the running lights picture to post.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 08:13:51 PM by MikeD »

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »

thanks for the info,please keep us up to date
     :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

jon
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 06:59:33 AM »

I spoke with Steve this afternoon at Fullsac and his cores will fit the 09 FLTRSE3 muffs that he received today. He will send my 2" cores out Monday. Can't wait for the install, as this is the kind of thing I love to do.

Anywho... Thanks dowell, for sending him your muffs.   Now the good stuff....

There are no cats in the muffs he currently has, there maybe in the Calif edition, dunno. Someone has posted that there is a cat in the pipe before the cross, so ...... dowell since your muffs are off would you PLEASE...... take a flash light and look up those pipes and see if there is a cat or obstruction (I would use a fish tape) at this location?
This would be great info. Maybe there are cats somewhere, but only on the Calif models, maybe not.

After all,
What the Hell do I know??

The 49 states exhaust has no cats per the moco touring guy I met in Milwaukee at the CVO display. Only California has them.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 07:36:28 AM »

Hey Guys  I know a lot of you are going to go true duals, how much performance will you pick up?  I know when talking to Steve today at fulsac about my mufflers he was pretty surprised at how the stock cores were almost identical in color.  Usually on a regular Harley exhaust the left side is almost new  looking even after 1000's of miles.  So if were getting a fairly even flow out both sides now is going to a true dual going to help that much?  Just wondering.
     By the way Steve already did my muffs and had them on a ups truck within a couple of hours of receiving them.  Impressed with his knowledge and service so far.  Can't wait to put the orange monster back together and actually listen to it sing, not sound like it's constipated. 

Mike if you do get to talk to Brian today I've heard their thinking about making some different sizes on the windshield.  Ask him about that.  I called the guys at clearview and told them I think there would be a great demand for a windshield like the KW but taller and less side swoop.  They said they had seen the kw and looked cool but the problem with a shield like KW is that the more bend you put in it the more distorted the shield is to look through.
I told them I don't look through mine anyhow but if they took their quality and mixed it with a little bit of the styling of the kw shield I think they would have a real winner.  Said they would look into it but would be a while. 
I can't believe somebody hasn't already made this kinda of windshield for the RG in general. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.