Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A (Maggie) Valley Full of SERGs  (Read 1985 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
A (Maggie) Valley Full of SERGs
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »

With all the chatter the new SERGs have been generating I expected to see several at Maggie Valley this weekend.  Instead we got one (thanks Mike!).  It was nice to finally get to see one up close and in person too. 

Instead what we did get, however, was more classic SERGs than we've ever had in one place ever before.  Very cool indeed.  Every color and model of the classic SERG was there and some were there in multiples.  Otis and another gray, a couple of blues, a SERG pumpkin and my red one along with Hogasm's uncles Road Glide for good measure.  And I'm probably forgetting one or two. 

The new SERGs are quite rightly getting lots of attention.  But a well broke in beat up old red one put about 900 miles on its clock today and just purred all day long.  Damn that's a fun bike to ride.  It was great in the mountains too.  Classic SERGs still got it :drink: .

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: A (Maggie) Valley Full of SERGs
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:16 AM »

With all the chatter the new SERGs have been generating I expected to see several at Maggie Valley this weekend.  Instead we got one (thanks Mike!).  It was nice to finally get to see one up close and in person too. 

Instead what we did get, however, was more classic SERGs than we've ever had in one place ever before.  Very cool indeed.  Every color and model of the classic SERG was there and some were there in multiples.  Otis and another gray, a couple of blues, a SERG pumpkin and my red one along with Hogasm's uncles Road Glide for good measure.  And I'm probably forgetting one or two. 

The new SERGs are quite rightly getting lots of attention.  But a well broke in beat up old red one put about 900 miles on its clock today and just purred all day long.  Damn that's a fun bike to ride.  It was great in the mountains too.  Classic SERGs still got it :drink: .

Good thing I've got those hinges and one shark fin!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:17:42 AM »

Good thing I've got those hinges and one shark fin!

I've got a box here full of 53 more sets of hinges and another with a pair of shark fins.  With Chip's spare painted parts that enough to build a bike :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: ?

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 02:13:01 AM »

Just finished the Toy Run in Edmonton Alberta. About 5000 bikes and only one 09 SERG, mine. Didn't get the attention I would have thought. Gues folks around here don't appreciate what you get for $38K

MikeD

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:26:23 AM »

Maybe next time, we can put all the SERG's together for a pic.  It would have been cool to put the 00 O/B next to the mine for a pick.  I think Screamin did that when he picked up his 09. 

I'm going to need a set of the tour pack hinges real soon!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »

Maybe next time, we can put all the SERG's together for a pic.  It would have been cool to put the 00 O/B next to the mine for a pick.  I think Screamin did that when he picked up his 09. 

I'm going to need a set of the tour pack hinges real soon!

Chip and I talked about getting a SERG photo also Mike.  Then we never actually made it happen.  Got three out of four of the classic models side by side at one of the overlooks.  But we never got them all together.  Just having too much fun to make it happen.

Hmmmm......  Wonder how many other MV attendees will be getting hinges after seeing them on the old red SERG now ::) .

straightshoooter

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 SERG BLUE/BLUE
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  Sold my 08 SEUC for this classic. 
"HE WHO LOSES WEALTH LOSES MUCH; HE WHO LOSES A FRIEND LOSES MORE; BUT HE THAT LOSES COURAGE LOSES ALL."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 09:06:38 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  Sold my 08 SEUC for this classic. 

You're definitely a proud papa.  And what's not to love?  That's a great looking bike.  Great to see someone so happy with their new bike.  Hope she makes you happy for many many many miles yet to come.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 05:52:07 PM »

They are dam good looking bikes! :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 08:37:10 PM »

Mine has been the only RG at past MV get togethers till this year.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.