Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: SE Road Glide O/B with tour pak  (Read 15553 times)

MikeD

Re: SE Road Glide O/B with tour pak
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »

Jim Kerr,
Can you post a pic of yours, I'm interested to see how the breather kit and the lowers looks.  You have done the most out of everyone here!

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »

Jim Kerr,
Can you post a pic of yours, I'm interested to see how the breather kit and the lowers looks.  You have done the most out of everyone here!

Here's a close up pic of the breather with the side of the lower.  I'll get better pics of the bike this weekend.  Work keeps getting in the way! 

MikeD

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »

Ok, I made my first attempt at installing the tp, yet, with negative results.  Sblair, I drilled the holes as per moco's instructions, I went the extra mile and taped the bottom of the tp, so as to not scratch or damage the lovely paint.  I placed the detachable rack onto the motorcycle, lined up the tp, and intalled the screws as per the Moco's instructions.  However, the hex head screws provided do not fully go through the tp mounting plate, tp, and then the rack.  It seems as if they are at least 1/4" to 1/2" too short.  I read over the instructions again and again and I was following the directions right.  :nixweiss:  It's enough to drive me to  :drink: :givemebeer:

So, I will take my pack of hex heads, washers and locking nuts to the dealership and meet with a tech about it. 

PS.  My spoiler/wing with leds arrived today as well.  But after reading the instructions, I'll leave that up to someone with some electrical knowledge. 

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 09:09:09 PM »

Mike, not sure if this will help, but I'm attaching some pics of my install. 

This taken from the inside of the tp.  You can see the heads of the bolts.   

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 09:10:03 PM »

This is taken from the bottom looking up at the tp.  They installed acorn nuts on mine. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:11:55 PM by Jim Kerr »

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 09:10:52 PM »

Here's a pic of the right side of the bike where the tp is docked. 

MikeD

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 09:18:34 PM »

Good Jim, Thanks!  It looks the same as I tried, just that the screws are short.  I like the acorns, sorry, I gotta copy!

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 09:22:15 PM »

Good Jim, Thanks!  It looks the same as I tried, just that the screws are short.  I like the acorns, sorry, I gotta copy!

MoCo quality control strikes again!  Good news is the parts you need can easily be picked up at Ace Hardware. 

MikeD

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

MoCo quality control strikes again!  Good news is the parts you need can easily be picked up at Ace Hardware. 

And it's alot easier to find there as well.  Luckily, I have to go there during work tomorrow anyway! 

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »

And it's alot easier to find there as well.  Luckily, I have to go there during work tomorrow anyway! 

FYI, the bolts on mine appear to be about an inch long. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 10:33:01 PM »

This is taken from the bottom looking up at the tp.  They installed acorn nuts on mine. 

Be careful using acorn nuts for that application. They can easily vibrate loose and fall off. HD has special locking nuts for mounting the TP's to the rack. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 11:13:49 PM »

Well...at least you got your TP.  When Mine came, the top was cracked and spider-webbed, the hinge pins fell out because there was no lock screws on the end, the bottom of the lanyard was also missing the screw and there were 8 bolts rolling around loose ( 4 long and 4 short).
  So now I'm waiting for them to repaint it (mind you!).  You dont get a new one, you get your piece of chit new one repainted!   :nixweiss:
    Good luck Mike.  Your local hardware store should be able to hook you up.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

MikeD

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008, 06:28:04 AM »

Well...at least you got your TP.  When Mine came, the top was cracked and spider-webbed, the hinge pins fell out because there was no lock screws on the end, the bottom of the lanyard was also missing the screw and there were 8 bolts rolling around loose ( 4 long and 4 short).
  So now I'm waiting for them to repaint it (mind you!).  You dont get a new one, you get your piece of chit new one repainted!   :nixweiss:
    Good luck Mike.  Your local hardware store should be able to hook you up.

That Sux!

MikeD

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2008, 06:28:37 AM »

Be careful using acorn nuts for that application. They can easily vibrate loose and fall off. HD has special locking nuts for mounting the TP's to the rack. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Thanks Hoist,  I'll keep that in mind.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2008, 07:29:08 AM »

Interesting comment Hoist.  My dealer installed the tp on my bike.  They didn't mention that they changed the hardware from what was in the kit.  MoCo could have sent it that way or they did it on their own.  Your point, however, is valid.  I could see these backing off without realizing it.  I'll ask the dealer about it the next time I am out there. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.