Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Too much orange up front  (Read 5882 times)

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09" SERG O&B
Too much orange up front
« on: May 27, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »

I love the look of my new SERG from the side but the view from the seat is too much orange. I am thinking of taking a picture and having my daughter Photoshop me a black dash/orange handlebar cover and then just a black handlebar cover. I imagine I could buy the black handlebar cover pretty cheap and just leave it the flat black but I would want to get a black dash and have it painted. Anybody else think there is too much orange from the drivers seat? T.
Never too old to Rock N Roll but too young to die!

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: Too much orange up front
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »

This is the precisely the reason I couldn't bring myself to by an Orange/Black or Yellow/Charcoal SERG. It's the feeling that you're sitting in a veritable sea of orange (or yellow). Maybe a black inner fairing (and passibly instrument nacelle) would do the trick, but I can't say for sure.

My solution? Silver/Titanium SERG.  ;D

It's the fastest, anyway...  :orange: :mango: :apple: :pineapple:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »

hmmmm????

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09" SERG O&B
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »

There ya go. I think I might kinda like that. T.
Never too old to Rock N Roll but too young to die!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »

Big-T,

Forgive me for "pulling your chain" but....... have you considered looking down the road while driving?   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

Seriously, it's totally subjective.  When I first got the yellow SERG, the inner fairing looked huge compared to my 04 RG which was black.  I suspect you'll get used to it as I did.  Good luck!

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

I love being blinded by all the yellow on mine! Being new to HD, I haven't spent a lot of time drooling over them close up... but when I was at the shop dropping mine off, I spent some time wandering the showroom, and looking at a standard RG, I couldn't get over how plain the cockpit (and the rest of the bike)  looked.

You could get away with changing the Bar cover and the rest of the cover attached to the bars... but IMHO, just doing the gloveboox doors or parts of the inner fairing would break up the overall effect. But then that is why there are so many option choices...

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

Are you kidding me? I can't get enough of it! The ORANGE just POPS! When you're in the saddle and the sun is shining and the green flakes come out, Man! I love it...
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »

Are you kidding me? I can't get enough of it! The ORANGE just POPS! When you're in the saddle and the sun is shining and the green flakes come out, Man! I love it...

Amen brother! I couldn't agree more! (except for that orange part... rofl)

Tunnels are awesome too... witht he lights swirling aronund the guage faces, it is almost hypnotyzing!   :bananarock:

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »

8) Right there with you my friend. Just got mine SAturday and can't get enough of the Orange.  Also it is the fastest... :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 05:11:05 PM »

Amen brother! I couldn't agree more! (except for that orange part... rofl)

Tunnels are awesome too... witht he lights swirling aronund the guage faces, it is almost hypnotyzing!   :bananarock:

Geez! Doesn't anybody look at the road when they're riding? :ROFLOL:

TBird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG O/B
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Annie (Traded)
    • CVO3: 05 Springer Classic
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »

Orange is the way to go, can't get enough of that Orange glow.
"We might be divorced but your still my sister"

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »

Once and for all, YELLOW is best, fastest, most distictive, classic and fastest!   That's fastest, twice.

:drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink: 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:06:10 PM by GregKhougaz »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

04se103

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »

Once and for all, YELLOW is best, fastest, most distictive, classic and fastest!   That's fastest, twice.

:drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink: 
    Nuff Said  :2vrolijk_21:

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »

+1   :2vrolijk_21:

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »

put sunglasses on. takes care of the glare!! black dashes are for stock bikes!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 24 queries.