Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Cruise control sometimes no function  (Read 13999 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Cruise control sometimes no function
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »

It is getting worse , sometimes the cruise control is completely without function , then i turn of the ignition and start again and mostly the cruise control does work correctly . Talked with the dealer he wants to order and change the speed sensor , to try whether this is the fault . Anybody has the same problem ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cruise control sometimes no function
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »

It is getting worse , sometimes the cruise control is completely without function , then i turn of the ignition and start again and mostly the cruise control does work correctly . Talked with the dealer he wants to order and change the speed sensor , to try whether this is the fault . Anybody has the same problem ?

Do you lose speedometer when you lose cruise control?  Speedo sensor signals both.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:26:47 AM »

done a diagnostic check for p-codes??

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 07:34:02 AM »

No speedometer loss
no diagnostic code check yet ( can i do this on my own or just the dealer ? How ? )

5.56mm

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 BLK #919
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:38:15 AM »

It happened to me too!  I'm thinking maybe it's something with the Power Commander V... I don't know. :confused5:

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:02:13 AM »

No speedometer loss
no diagnostic code check yet ( can i do this on my own or just the dealer ? How ? )

1- Turn Ignition switch to OFF & Run/Stop switch is to Run.

2- Push odometer reset button in & hold.

3- Turn ignition switch to Ignition and release odometer reset button. Background lighting should illuminate, speedometer needle should sweep its full range and indicator lamps (battery, security, low fuel, check engine and cruise) should illuminate. The word "diag" should then appear.

4 - Push the odometer reset button once and you will see the selection menu "PSSPt" with the first P flashing.

5 - Each letter represents an area of the diagnostics module. The module that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter (module) to the next, you push the odometer reset button one time. (from P to S to SP to t and back to P, etc.)
P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module [EFI] / Ignition Control Module [Carbureted])
S = TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal/ Turn Signal Security Module)
SP = speedometer
T = tachometer

6 - To get the DTC within an area of diagnostics, push and hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC's the code will be displayed or the word "none" will appear if there are no DTC's. Push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes if they exist.

7 - Record the codes.

8 - If DTC's are not to be cleared, Press and release the odometer reset button. Part number of module will be displayed.
NOTE: To determine if a code is current or historic, clear the displayed code by pushing in and holding the odometer reset button ( longer than 5 seconds) until 'clear' comes up. Release the odometer reset button. Turn OFF the ignition switch. Run your bike and shut it down then recheck the DTC's again by repeating steps 1 to 9. If the code is current it will reappear.

9 - Press and release the odometer reset button to continue to the next module.

10 - Turn Ignition switch to OFF.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »

Holy cow .  ::)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 03:08:06 PM »

Holy cow .  ::)

don't involve religion in this. :P

so you get any codes?

TN

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »

i will try tomorrow

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »

usual cause would be faulty wiring - btw: who installed your ape hanger?
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 01:02:30 AM »

But when there would be a loosely wiring then the problem would appear often and not so rare i guess but i am thinking about this possibility too .

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:27:37 AM »

The cruise control lost completely its function and i noticed that my rear brake light allways was illuminated (during a one-week tour in the mountains of italy-switzerland and france) , my guess was that the brake contact at the hand control got a damage (maybe when they swapped the handlebar to the ape ), we found the Grenoble dealer , stopped , bought a t-shirt and asked the tech whether this could be the reason and he cut the wiring at the hand-brake-contact (he had no contact-switch at the shop available to change it ), now the cruise control did his work again , the brake light only lights up by using the foot-pedal . Back at home i told this to the ape-change-garage but the hand-brake-contact-switch are in backorder , they should arrive maybe next week.
He told me that they will test whether the switch is really damaged or just not placed exactly at the inner of the hand-control (this also could be cause a malfunction ) but i guess that in this case the brake-light would never lights up, in comparison to the fault at my bike where it allways lights up.
What is the usual malfunction when damaging the hand-brake-switch by changing the hand-controls not correctly ?
Allways no brake-light or allways brake light ?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »

Now i made the diagnostic check and found the following codes :
P 1511
P 2107
PN 31844-09 ( don`t know whether this is a code or something else )
no rSP (what does this mean ) ?

Does somebody know the meaning of the codes i found ?

After clearing the codes and fired up the engine and check again there where no codes to find besides this "no rSP"

04se103

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 10:36:45 AM »

P1511 Throttle actuator control power management failure of throttle control actuator
P2107 EFI Module Processor Internal Fault
No Rsp" (no response) will also appear if the run/off switch is in the off position when doing this procedure.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:44:42 AM by 04se103 »

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 10:43:27 AM »

P1511 Throttle actuator control power management failure of throttle control actuator
P2107 EFI Module Processor Internal Fault

Does this mean anything important or do i have to worry about (the codes did not return after clearing ) but where did they come from ( perhaps when the dealer did the supertuner and the dynos ) ? Thank you for the quick answer .
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 24 queries.