Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cruise control sometimes no function  (Read 14038 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Cruise control sometimes no function
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »

Same at mine PN........ seems to be the tach-number perhaps
That is the part number of the ecm in your bike.  Normal for this to appear after you have checked all the DTCs.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Denial

• B-52 Gunner
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 03:51:20 PM »

I've had my 2001 SERG for about a month now. All is great but just noticed that the Cruise Control does not work.
The Cruise power light switch works but the "C" in the tac does not light up at all.
The brake light works fine.
Any ideas what I should check?
Thanks
1978 Electra Glide
2001 SERG

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 11:24:03 PM »

I've had my 2001 SERG for about a month now. All is great but just noticed that the Cruise Control does not work.
The Cruise power light switch works but the "C" in the tac does not light up at all.
Thanks

Just because the brake light works isn't an absolute.  Make sure someone hasn't put an LED bulb in it at sometime.  If so the bike can think those are a bad bulb.  Not likely perhaps.  But worth checking since it's a free and easy check.  Aside from that there's not a lot to cause absolutely no function. 

Master switch on the nacelle, engagement switch on the right grip, a busted or frozen stepper cable or a bad module (assuming there's no harness problem.  There's just not that many pieces to those system.  The switches you can test with a multimeter or a test light.  The cable you can test by feel (once you've got the end of it accessible).  If everything else is good you've narrowed it down to the cruise module.

There is a roll-off switch in the idle cable.  It serves to disengage the cruise under forced throttle though.  You can completely unhook it and the cruise will still work.

Denial

• B-52 Gunner
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »

Go figure, it works now. I went for a long ride today and kept engaging the "set" switch on the right handle bar. All of a sudden the green "C" light came on for a second or two. after about a dozen times it came on and cruise worked fine.
I'm guessing it was the switch. The previous owner never or rarely used the cruiser in the past couple years.
1978 Electra Glide
2001 SERG

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »

Go figure, it works now. I went for a long ride today and kept engaging the "set" switch on the right handle bar. All of a sudden the green "C" light came on for a second or two. after about a dozen times it came on and cruise worked fine.
I'm guessing it was the switch. The previous owner never or rarely used the cruiser in the past couple years.

In that case....

As part of my spring maintenance every year (ok, maybe every other year sometimes) I hit the handlebar switches with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner then blow them out well.  Sounds like a dirty switch.  It happens.  Gotta love simple solutions.

Denial

• B-52 Gunner
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
1978 Electra Glide
2001 SERG

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 10:18:50 PM »

Sounds like my issue too. I started a thread a few days ago because I noticed my brake light stayed on , but I did not notice I had no cruise control at that time.  I checked and sure enough no cruise and brake light stays on.  Can't get mine into the dealership until the middle of May due to work commitments though. Good thread gents and great info from all .
Rob
Rob

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 03:07:23 AM »

Sounds like my issue too. I started a thread a few days ago because I noticed my brake light stayed on , but I did not notice I had no cruise control at that time.  I checked and sure enough no cruise and brake light stays on.  Can't get mine into the dealership until the middle of May due to work commitments though. Good thread gents and great info from all .
Rob

Mine did this a while back.... I was also having intermittent ABS issues... dealer found one of the wires for the front ABS sensor severed in the insulation... causing an intermitent issue...

fixed wire OK now... 

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Alexaris

• 2001 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »

Thanks

Got the same problem with the same bike, did you solved it?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.