Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heat Management Idle  (Read 2054 times)

Busterbrown

Heat Management Idle
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:01:08 AM »

Rode my new 2009 CVO Fat Bob home last nite and the bike went in to heat management mode every time I came to a stop. What is the downside to dis-arming this idle. It is annoying when it happens as the bike is shaking and sounds like it will stall. Any comments

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Heat Management Idle
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »

Rode my new 2009 CVO Fat Bob home last nite and the bike went in to heat management mode every time I came to a stop. What is the downside to dis-arming this idle. It is annoying when it happens as the bike is shaking and sounds like it will stall. Any comments

The downside to disarming it is that the bike will run even hotter, and the 110's have a proven record of not holding up very well at high temps.  It would probably be a good idea to do some tuning right away to give it some more fuel and cool things down, followed by a good dyno tune after break-in.

Jerry
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:51:17 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hotbird

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
Re: Heat Management Idle
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »

My intermediate step was to install the Xied's.  Really helped with the heat issue.  You can research them multiple places on this site or the nightrider web site.  I have a set that I no longer use on my '09 Fat Bob (have since added TTS, new pipes and had a dyno).  Drop an address and I will mail them to you if you wish to give them a try.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.