Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius  (Read 8058 times)

COTB

Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius
« on: May 19, 2009, 05:34:50 AM »

Stock exchange just doesn't feel loud enough... ;D  Thinking of the Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius.  Any comments on looks/sounds/performance?  Anybody actually got one on their CVO fat bob and care to share a picture?  Thanks for any help. 

Hotbird

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
Re: Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Big Radius
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 02:46:44 PM »

Quite a few of us have switched pipes - check out the 4 pages within this tab.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=61.0

COTB

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 03:33:06 PM »

Have been through the whole Board prior to my post but couldn't find anybody who had put this specific pipe on.  Saw it on a regular Fat Bob and it looked/sounded great.  Wondering if anybody has put it on their CVO. 

fatbob110

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:03:23 PM »

Hi I have Big Radius 2 into 1 on my Fat Bob CVO and its sounds great and looks very good , I havent any pictures yet but it will come, I can recomend Big Radius 2 into 1 ;D

COTB

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:44:15 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  Have just ordered them.  Hope they sound good and I  get a noticeable performance upgrade as well.  Also putting on the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner.  Would love to see some pictures of how it looks on yours if you have time. 

Katy_Bob

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDFSE
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 06:03:52 AM »

question for fatbob110:
I purchased the V&H 2 into 1 Big Radius and FuelPak. Once I received I called V&H to get the MAP for the FuelPak. I was told they don’t have a map because they don’t offer these pipes for the FXDFSE because the rear passenger raised peg mount bracket hits the fender? What fuel management system did you use and do you have problems with the raised passenger peg hitting the fender?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:37:23 AM by Katy_Bob »

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »

Sound is always a personal preference.....If I were you I woul want to hear them myself with the same motor and tuner.....HOG gatherings are generally a good place.....but speaking of the V&H Big Radius, they will not be hard to locate because it seems HD is pushing them and many HD owners have them.......so much for being unique......my friend has them on his 2008 Fat Bob along with the SERT and they do sound very good......but almost everybody has them now.......isn't the whole point of buying a CVO to be different?   If I were you I would look around.

COTB

Katy_Bob

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »

COTB...Thanks for the link. V&H is saying the rear passenger peg re-location bracket raises the peg and under load hits the fender. From the pic it looks close. I can strap the bike down, bottom out the rear shocks to see if there’s clearance. My problem is I also bought the Fuelpak and they don’t yet have a map.

Busterbrown

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:31:55 AM »

That is the downside to a fuel pak .You are at the mercy of Vance and Hines as most dyno tuners do not work with those fuelers. Your best bet is to get a PC-V or a SERT have your bike dyno tuned.That way you know the AFR is correct and you will achieve optimum performance.
I put a PC-V and Vance and Hines double barrel on mine and used the map supplied by Fuel motto when I installed it. I had the bike on the dyno before and after the tune. I gained 6 HP by having the custom tune and I know the AFR is correct. Bike runs GREAT now and the heat is no longer an issue.I still have a little top end rattle that I hope will go away with time

Dirty John

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »

Hi there, I just had V&H big ovals, heavy breather and fuel mods done to my new CVO FAt Bob, sounds good, looks cool and no problems with the pillion rider pegs, will post pics when I work out how to do it.

Ride Safe

Katy_Bob

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 05:00:22 PM »

Done deal. V&H Big Radius 2 into 1 and the SERT. HP=86.55, Torque=105.40. The pipes look/sound great but a little loud for me. Must have cooled things down because the Heat Management hasn’t kicked in and it’s pushing 100 degrees here!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:10:52 PM by Katy_Bob »

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »

FYI......as a technician I can tell you that down the road you will have issues w/o the heat management system engaging on that motor......you have spent alot of money to have HD say 'Sorry".......it should engage when oil temperatures reach 240 degrees....something is wrong because the modifications you have made do not make it run that much cooler that it would eliminate the eims.....make sure to check that out before it is too late.

Katy_Bob

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 09:40:42 PM »

2fatbob09… Thanks for the info and heads up!
The bike seems to be running cooler. I’m sure some of it due that the stock pipe no longer swings in front of the motor across my leg, no cat, open pipes. But…it’s 105 degrees today…hmmm. I got the hd dealer to do the mods. Looks like I need to return to be sure they didn’t disable “heat management”.

UPDATE: Took the bike in to the dealer. They checked the “heat management” and it’s still “active”. Looks like these mods have cooled the bike down because although it’s really HOT here the system still hasn’t kicked in.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:27:54 PM by Katy_Bob »

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 08:30:49 AM »

You should be all set as long as they did not disengage the hms which most likely they did not.....I will most likely add a Jagg Oil Cooler to mine (vertical). They work very well overall and will cool the oil as much as 20 degrees while moving. Good Luck and let us know how your mods are working out....I am always curious as to how many measured degrees cooler people say their bike runs after mods. :drink:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.