Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Touch up paint  (Read 2906 times)

Busterbrown

Touch up paint
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »

Any one know if MOCO sells touch up paint for the CVO. I got a small chip on my battery box that is making me crazy!!

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Touch up paint
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:16:57 PM »

If the bike is yellow I may have some. I got the tiniest of nicks and when the guy did some additional paint work, he mixed some yellow for me. This is not to say HD doesn't have touch up.
  Gary

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »

Any one know if MOCO sells touch up paint for the CVO. I got a small chip on my battery box that is making me crazy!!

If your dealer has a competent parts guy, ask him to look it up.  In the past H-D has had touch up kits that included all the colors for a particular CVO paint scheme in one package, and I would assume they are still doing this.  The kit should include a small tube of each main color (not stripes however), and if your bike uses tinted clear coat there will be a tube of that as well.  The bikes that use standard clearcoat don't have clear in the kit, you buy that separately.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »

HD does have a touch up kit as I just recieved mine last week. Part number 94665 for Diamond/Fire color. $29.70

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.