Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?  (Read 25910 times)

RedFXR2

Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:33:45 AM »

It occurred to me that even though we talk about the rarity of the Blue FXR3's, to my knowledge, we've never had an owner of a Blue FXR2 on this board.  I've been here since December of 2003 and I can't recall one even visiting, much less becoming a Regular here.

I've only seen one blue "2" on the road and it was last Spring down here.  I was in the car and going somewhere (couldn't chase them down) but the bike had two up heading north on US1 near my home.  They had no luggage--apparently weren't traveling, but I know that Snowbirds sometimes trailer or ship their bikes down for the season.  Only seen it that once.

Anyway, does anybody out there know anybody with a blue FXR2?  Ever see them around? 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:57:28 AM by RedFXR2 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:47:04 PM »

Mike in April of 2005 I was at my local dealership and there was a Stone Cold Blue FXR2 in the lobby at the Service Center there.....just getting a bit of work done on it, as it turns out it was right before I purchased my Arresting Red FXR2.  I just happened to be in the parts department and happened to walk through the door and there it was, the Owner of it was standing there so we took a few moments to talk.....that was before I really came to this website of course....and he wasn't that warm about exchanging numbers, one of those feelings you get, a bit reserved.......I told him I was looking to purchase an FXR2, so we had a conversation for about 10 minutes....he was a nice enough guy.....

Like you I hadn't really seen a Stone Cold Blue FXR2 yet, while I had seen a couple of FXR2 Arresting Reds, and of course had seen the FXR3 green (buddy owns that one so easy to see) and I had seen the yellow pearl and tangerine FXR4's at dealerships.....but the FXR2 Stone Cold Blue was pretty exciting to see.....The "HD Decal"  Harley Davidson is simply painted on in a "flat" type color and doesn't "ghost" like the "Arresting Red's "HD Decal" Harley Davdison and the "Stone Cold Blue" color has a bit more "red" in it making it more of a "violet" color than a deep royal blue/purple....while it was exciting to see it....and given there are only 275 of them in the US, I would certainly enjoy owning one...[smiles] I find the "Arresting Red" candy red with the "ghost" "HD Decal" Harley Davidson to be a bit more "Striking" to my eyes....

I like you hope we get an Owner of the Stone Cold Blue to pop in and join us all here.....

Even though that bike resides in a community 7 miles from me I have never seen the bike or the Owner since......

Regards,

Tim

Edited: to correct "Cold Stone Blue to Stone Cold Blue
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:38:01 AM by FXR2evo99 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 04:08:06 PM »

I remembered this member from days past.  Looks like he was just logged in yesterday, so hopefully, he'll be back again soon and see this thread! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2669

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »

I remembered this member from days past. 

Good catch.  After looking at his posts I remembered him, too.

Still out there, "Stone Cold"?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 07:10:11 PM »

Found one other here. ;)

richfxr2;  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=306

Says Huntington. Wonder if that's the Huntington near me? He says he's from the left coast and moved to the right coast. Could be. :confused5:

He's never been on since the site's been revamped. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »

Which is it?  Stone Cold Blue or Cold Stone Blue?  Have never knowingly seen one in person no matter which it is.  Still only lust after the red one.

Never mind; just checked CVO history on the Harley website.  Stone Cold Blue.

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »

Found one other here. ;)

richfxr2;  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=306

He's never been on since the site's been revamped. :nixweiss:

Yeah, he hasn't posted since January of 2005, so I wouldn't hold my breath.  But who knows.....

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 01:34:25 AM »

Yes, it's definitely "Stone Cold Blue" my mistake above.

Here is a great link to some photos of these FXR2's FXR3's and FXR4's.....
For those unaware simply place your curser over the "http:// address / link" below, click, view and read at your pleasure:

Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's FXR4's
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=22663.0

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:41:11 AM by FXR2evo99 »

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 08:00:11 AM »

Hi All

Yea I'm still here..

After seeing this topic sit for a couple of days is it possible that I am the only one on this site with a Stone Cold Blue 2??? It would be nice if there is anyone else out there that they would reply and maybe post a picture. It is always nice to see and hear what someone else has done to their bike and be able to see how it looks.  I can't say much though I am more of a lurker myself. I would probably post more but I don't have the knowledge that you all have,although I am learning a great deal from all of you. THANK YOU!!!

This is my first bike and have owned it for 2 years now. Bought the bike in Colorado with 7000 miles and all original. Have installed Hooker staggered pipes,carb kit and of air cleaner. Hope to maybe do some motor work maybe next winter (head work,cam,ignition)

Happy Thanksgiving
Pete
(Stone Cold)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:16:25 AM by Stone Cold »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »

I can't say much though I am more of a lurker myself. I would probably post more but I don't have the knowledge that you all have,although I am learning a great deal from all of you. THANK YOU!!!   This is my first bike and have owned it for 2 years now. Bought the bike in Colorado with 7000 miles and all original. Have installed Hooker staggered pipes,carb kit and of air cleaner. Hope to maybe do some motor work maybe next winter (head work,cam,ignition)

Pete~~~

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!!  Great to see you post and share with us.....so as I reflect on seeing the Stone Cold Blue FXR2 a few years ago, and given that you said you purchased your FXR2 in Colorado, I am curious which city the bike was purchased from.....there simply aren't that many FXR2's, FXR3's, or FXR4's in the State of Colorado......so of course curious minds wonder?   By the way you aren't in Colorado now are you? (curious about this too, lol)

As for posting.....I am glad you have and personally as I am sure we all hope that you will continue.....however I have a buddy that loves to "lurk" as well.....and he has his reasons so I get that......it's always the "quiet ones" as logic would have it, so it seems, that provide us all with the most indepth learning.....I hope you will offer us all your insight when so inspired......

Also it would be great to see you post 5-7 photos or more of course of your Stone Cold Blue FXR2, my photo album for the Stone Cold Blue is pretty limited....after all there are only 275 of you "guys/gals" originally out there......hopefully you can throw us out some more for all of our personal albums......

It's great that you mention the FXR2 as being your first "bike" I would have owned one fewer bike had it been my first one as well.....I went first to a 2003 Dyna Low Rider to a 2002 RKC to a 1999 FXR2 and then sold the Dyna without much hesitation at all.....and feel these two bikes have everything I need for the "fun of a lifetime". 

Have you toured with your bike yet?  Have you thought about touring with it?  Why did you purchase the bike in the first place? How many miles are now on your bike? 

Regards,

Tim

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:18:52 AM by FXR2evo99 »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 11:23:55 AM »

Hi All

Yea I'm still here..

After seeing this topic sit for a couple of days is it possible that I am the only one on this site with a Stone Cold Blue 2??? It would be nice if there is anyone else out there that they would reply and maybe post a picture. It is always nice to see and hear what someone else has done to their bike and be able to see how it looks.  I can't say much though I am more of a lurker myself. I would probably post more but I don't have the knowledge that you all have,although I am learning a great deal from all of you. THANK YOU!!!

This is my first bike and have owned it for 2 years now. Bought the bike in Colorado with 7000 miles and all original. Have installed Hooker staggered pipes,carb kit and of air cleaner. Hope to maybe do some motor work maybe next winter (head work,cam,ignition)

Happy Thanksgiving
Pete
(Stone Cold)

Pete

You don't have to have knowledge to post.....I prove that all the time!  ;D
Happy Thanksgiving

JW

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 11:40:42 AM »

"........You don't have to have knowledge to post.....I prove that all the time......."

JW~~~ :2vrolijk_21:

:pepper:   :bananarock:   :cucumber:   <~~~~this what I call 3 Chile Pepper Humor  lol

It's humor like this that makes the world such a grand place to live.......LAUGHING!!!!

Regards,

Tim

RedFXR2

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 12:04:38 PM »

Pete:  Good to hear from you again. :2vrolijk_21:

....in April of 2005 I was at my local [Tim lives in Colorado] dealership and there was a Stone Cold Blue FXR2 in the lobby at the Service Center there.....just getting a bit of work done on it, as it turns out it was right before I purchased my Arresting Red FXR2.  I just happened to be in the parts department and happened to walk through the door and there it was, the Owner of it was standing there so we took a few moments to talk.....that was before I really came to this website of course....and he wasn't that warm about exchanging numbers, one of those feelings you get, a bit reserved.......I told him I was looking to purchase an FXR2, so we had a conversation for about 10 minutes....he was a nice enough guy.....

Even though that bike resides in a community 7 miles from me I have never seen the bike or the Owner since......

Regards,

Tim

Hmmmm. So Tim saw a blue FXR2 in Colorado in 2005, and Pete says he bought his Blue FXR2 from someone in Colorado and has had it about two years now.  Could be the same bike?

Suits me--any means to get another active FXR member here. ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:06:40 PM by RedFXR2 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 01:52:53 PM »

WooHoo!!! Thanks for responding Stone Cold. Hope ya join us some more and represent that beautiful BLUE2 of yours! You seem to be the only BLUE2 here! There were only 64 BLUE3's ever made, and many are members here. Wonder why we can't find more BLUE2's? :nixweiss:

Pete

Happy Thanksgiving

JW

HeHe!!! Yeah, I'll surely second that! Good one JW!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 06:22:58 PM »

Pete

Happy Thanksgiving

JW

knowledge to post   ?   Is this a requirement ?    If so, I'm sure I don't qualify    :D :D :D
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 24 queries.