Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost Taillight  (Read 1400 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Lost Taillight
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »

Hi,
 I am having great difficulty trying to find a stock taillight lens or assembly for my 2000 FXR4. I tried Harley online, looked for over an hour on line.
I think it was stollen because the rubber gasket was still there but the lense and both screws were gone. To get home from the resteraunt I had get a trailer taillight lens fro Autozone and punch holes in to and secure with cable ties. How embarressing!!!!  Eveyone wants to sell me a expensive led replacement for 150 bucks or more and all I want is taillight lens. Does anyone have the part number. The newer types look simular but don't fit. Something so simple should not be soo hard. The shop got me  a laydown lese by Custom Chrome. It looked great, thick plastic but the refective prizm end was at an angle. May work wine for stock fender due to the laydown slant on lense but is not good for a Fatbob rear fender. Any ideas??? Harley sold thousands of FXR, FX, Dressers and Sportsters for years that uses what I think  that was the same lens.
Thanks
Ltank

takanohana

Re: Lost Taillight
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 08:07:27 AM »

Hi,
 I am having great difficulty trying to find a stock taillight lens or assembly for my 2000 FXR4. I tried Harley online, looked for over an hour on line.
I think it was stollen because the rubber gasket was still there but the lense and both screws were gone. To get home from the resteraunt I had get a trailer taillight lens fro Autozone and punch holes in to and secure with cable ties. How embarressing!!!!  Eveyone wants to sell me a expensive led replacement for 150 bucks or more and all I want is taillight lens. Does anyone have the part number. The newer types look simular but don't fit. Something so simple should not be soo hard. The shop got me  a laydown lese by Custom Chrome. It looked great, thick plastic but the refective prizm end was at an angle. May work wine for stock fender due to the laydown slant on lense but is not good for a Fatbob rear fender. Any ideas??? Harley sold thousands of FXR, FX, Dressers and Sportsters for years that uses what I think  that was the same lens.
Thanks
Ltank

PN: 68033-90   I don't understand why it is so hard to find this part; should be in stock at most dealers and plentiful on ebay and aftermarket. I think this lens is and has been used on many FX and Sportster models.

http://www.madriverharley.com/webstore/viewprod.asp?PID=lights&SUBPID=taillights&Group=Sportster&VendorCode=  This link is the result of a 1 minute search and they have what you want.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:25:18 AM by takanohana »

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: Lost Taillight
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:09:45 PM »

Thanks alot. For some reason i could find just the lens.
Thank You,
Ltank

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.