Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 1104 times)

Bagger

Yesterday
« on: February 23, 2007, 02:07:43 PM »

Yesterday I had to go to Newnan, GA and return home in the same day.  When I got home I had ridden just shy of 400 miles.  Still have the stock seat and handlebars.  I've put almost 8000 miles on this bike since I bought it in July of last year.  2 things about yesterday's ride are bothersome.  The seat was very uncomfortable, and I had a searing pain in the center of my back between the center point of my shoulder blades just below my neck.  I have never experienced these challenges on this bike before, although I have experienced them on the 02 Ultra.  On the 02 Ultra, I corrected the seat challenge by replacing the seat with a Mustang, and the back pain with a set of Wild Ones Chubbies for FLHT.  Fixed both problems quick, fast, and in a hurry.  So.....I think I know how to fix the back pain part.  As for the seat, I've seen Terry's scoot and read myriad Corbin stories on this forum.  Seems someone (jegomez perhaps) bought a Corbin that didn't have the heat option.  That is the one I'm interested in.......unless Corbin starts making their seat with independent switches for the rider and passenger.  I like the heat........and Renea really likes it........which means I'd have to tolerate it to make her happy.  Anyway, I figure it would be easier just to not have it at all if I can't have a seat with independent switches.  One other concern:  I'm not sure that seat will be anymore comfortable than my stock seat.  I liked the stock seat alot........until yesterday.  I wish Mustang made a matching seat.  I know their seats are comfortable.
Thanks for listening to me b!tch about my scoot.  ;D

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »

Yesterday I had to go to Newnan, GA and return home in the same day.  When I got home I had ridden just shy of 400 miles.  Still have the stock seat and handlebars.  I've put almost 8000 miles on this bike since I bought it in July of last year.  2 things about yesterday's ride are bothersome.  The seat was very uncomfortable, and I had a searing pain in the center of my back between the center point of my shoulder blades just below my neck.  I have never experienced these challenges on this bike before, although I have experienced them on the 02 Ultra.  On the 02 Ultra, I corrected the seat challenge by replacing the seat with a Mustang, and the back pain with a set of Wild Ones Chubbies for FLHT.  Fixed both problems quick, fast, and in a hurry.  So.....I think I know how to fix the back pain part.  As for the seat, I've seen Terry's scoot and read myriad Corbin stories on this forum.  Seems someone (jegomez perhaps) bought a Corbin that didn't have the heat option.  That is the one I'm interested in.......unless Corbin starts making their seat with independent switches for the rider and passenger.  I like the heat........and Renea really likes it........which means I'd have to tolerate it to make her happy.  Anyway, I figure it would be easier just to not have it at all if I can't have a seat with independent switches.  One other concern:  I'm not sure that seat will be anymore comfortable than my stock seat.  I liked the stock seat alot........until yesterday.  I wish Mustang made a matching seat.  I know their seats are comfortable.
Thanks for listening to me b!tch about my scoot.  ;D

Bagger,

The Corbin has one switch but uses two elements, so if so desired, you could disable the front heat and still keep the missus toasty.

Chief

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »

Just a thought,

You may want to make one change at a time and see if this evaluates your situation
I know of a couple of people that have switched out just the handlebars and wallah back pain gone away....just a thought
In addition I know a few others that switched out the seat first and still had issues so the handlebars were needed
Hmmm...now do I know someone that just switched out the seat and had no further issues...well yeah I do

Good Luck in whatever you do  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »

aaannnnddddd!  I'm the one that switched out the seat and everything was good, and then I swapped out the bars, (since I already had them), and it all went to chit again!!!!     :soapbox:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.