Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: XM Radio, '06 SE Ultra...got a question or three  (Read 2713 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: XM Radio, '06 SE Ultra...got a question or thr
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 10:00:57 AM »

One thing I have noticed with XM is commercials.... I thought thats why we pay for the service? Anyone have any input on this? I fiqure once they start it will only get worse.

Ride VA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 01:56:08 PM »

Getting settled into the new bike I see, thats good....hope your enjoyin it, the heated grips and seat come in handy with the temps we've been havin.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 02:29:37 PM »

Hey FR8TRN sorry to hear about you back.  Hope you get much better real soon.  PM me with your personal email address and I'll send you something that is guaranteed to brighten up your day.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 03:10:45 PM »

I far prefer Sirius as the other Parrotheads mentioned but I also am a football nut and love the NFL coverage there. And NASCAR next year as well.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 03:13:33 PM »

Truly enjoying the bike. Have added a couple of farkles but don't plan on adding anything else except and maybe a 6-speed later. The hydraulic clutch rally blows me away. Easy to pull the lever . It even seems lighter than the ultra by a ton...must have been all the other chrome on the '05 :).

Sorry to hear about the surgery and hope you are doing well. I had back surgery about 5 years ago to my lower back. Believe it when the doctor tells you what to do and don't over do it. I was at the point of going to work doped up...laying on the floor with the phone by me and only going out of the office when someone needed assistance. That was too funny...No pain since...God Bless!...

Cheers!...CW

Highly recommend the 6sp, I love havin mine.  Got a few more things in for mine today, Rev brought em by since I'm still bed ridden for the most part.  They look nice, can't wait to get em on the bike now.

Yeah this is my second time around on the back stuff, last one was 8 years ago, so I'm takin it as easy as I can.  Hopefully this'll be the last one (yeah right).

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 03:14:11 PM »

Hey FR8TRN sorry to hear about you back.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 03:47:12 PM »

One thing I have noticed with XM is commercials.... I thought thats why we pay for the service? Anyone have any input on this? I fiqure once they start it will only get worse.

Is it commercials or XM promoting itself.  Some of the programming on XM are feeds from other sources which contain "spaces" for commercials...there's no way to have an uninterupted feed from those sources, as they are not fed that way.  Sooooo, they have to fill the spaces with something.  What are you listening to that has commercials?  I only listen to a handful of stations on mine, all music, and the only commercials I ever hear last a very few seconds, and are promoting the station itself, or an upcoming special line of songs.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  If you're listening to live races or games, there's going to be spaces in the broadcast that must be filled with something.  Even NPR has "commercials"...at least I haven't heard any obnoxious car commercials on XM...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Ride VA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

Is it commercials or XM promoting itself.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 04:49:04 PM »

Channel 11...Country...Lose Weight Bars or something like that and they seem to go on for minutes. I don't think it would bother me if they had a few other types of commercials but it always seems to be the same one on that channel...over and over again. The wife tells me that the owner of that channel/line-up must also be the owner of the weight loss commercials since she has noticed as well.

Yeah I quit listening to 11 because of em.....they do the "mystery shopper" commercial on there also....got tired of it and put 49 in it's place on my buttons....

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 05:31:09 PM »

That's the whole reason I turned my XM OFF, the damn commercials!  I'm certainly not paying $10/mo to listen to commercials.  Especially when I can scan/seek and find a local for free.  The only ride I've ever had that I wished for something more was way up the Alaska highway.  There's not much up there, so buying a couple of tapes (was on my 01) was my option.   Worked fine for that trip.  And the repeated songs is a whole other problem.  The programmers must be a real bunch to even have 1 repeat in 24 hrs, much less a couple of hours.  There are numerous FM stations that have "no-repeat Thursday" or some such.  They've got to do a WHOLE lot more before I feel like paying for it!
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 06:56:37 AM »

TC,

Yes commercials on music stations. The mystery shopper is one that runs ALOT and there are a couple more. Does anyone know if Sirius is totally commercial free?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 11:48:59 AM »

This is the blurb directly from XM concerning commercials:

Does XM have commercials?

All of the 69 music channels programmed by XM are commercial-free. Many of our news, talk, sports and entertainment channels (including comedy and kids), as well as four music channels programmed by Clear Channel Communications carry a limited amount of commercials. Most local radio stations carry 18 minutes of commercials every hour.

Do any music channels on XM have commercials?

Because of their early investment in XM, radio broadcasting company Clear Channel Communications programs four music channels (Nashville - Channel 11, Kiss - Channel 21, Mix - Channel 22 and Sunny - Channel 24). Clear Channel has the right to include commercials on the programming they provide XM. As a result, these four music channels carry a limited amount of commercials.

Does XM have commercial-free alternatives to the four Clear Channel music channels?

If you like the music on these channels: Nashville (Channel 11), Kiss (Channel 21), Mix (Channel 22) and Sunny (Channel 24), but would prefer a commercial free environment, we suggest the channels: US Country (Channel 17) plays commercial-free country superstars from the 80s and 90s; XM 30 The Hitlist (Channel 30) plays contemporary pop hits from today and the past few years; Flight 26 (Channel 26) plays modern pop hits from the 90s through today and Escape (Channel 78) plays beautiful music and easy listening favorites from the past fifty years.

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 12:36:32 PM »

So let's see, that's 4 commercial free channels and what, about 175 with commercials?!?!?!? :o
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:38:34 PM by arcticdude »
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 04:39:09 PM »

Something else to note regarding XM radio that is a little known fact; if you have XM in another vehicle, such as your car, you get a discount for the second radio.  Also, you can "negotiate" the price of the service.  When I activated my XM in my truck, there was a discount coupon on the web, and I was able to get the service for $60 for the year.  When I renewed it, it had gone to $12.95 per month, and I was able to negotiate it to $9.95 per month plus $6.95 per month for the second radio on my bike.  Anyway, it's worth trying [smiley=banana.gif]  Good luck and enjoy the new ride. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 05:07:07 PM »

So let's see, that's 4 commercial free channels and what, about 175 with commercials?!?!?!? :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.