Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170462 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »

The seat looks awesome JC!  :2vrolijk_21: You two have a great trip!

We're at the Paris Hotel in Vegas today.  We left Mojave very early this morning and got here early.  We were just down at the pool and of course I sprung for Terrie to get a massage at the spa.  Interesting, the pool is on the third floor, directly under the Eiffel Tower. :o
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »

JCZ nice! What would one expect to pay for the same seat design? Is that back rest adjustable?

I don't recall the seat price and it's down in the bike.  Call Jim at Metal Dragon there in San Leandro and ask him.  I bought it through him (better discount than buying directly from Corbin) then went to Corbin to get it made.  It doesn't cost any more for the stitching and all seats with a heater have to be stitched.  They have a number of different stitch patterns now, that you can choose from. 

To get a close price, just go on the Corbin web site and look at the seat that you want (mine is a Classic Solo and I'll be adding the pillion pad and passenger back rest with the matching flame stitch when the tour pack arrives), add the cost of the heater and back rest and there you have it. :2vrolijk_21:

Lucky, you're close enough to make a Ride In appt. and go get it custom made.  You just take the receipt from where you paid Jim and they take care of the rest of it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 10:06:27 PM »

JCZ nice! What would one expect to pay for the same seat design? Is that back rest adjustable?
Hey Lucky88, why do you have three bikes still in their crates?

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 10:13:53 PM »

We stopped by Corbin today on our way to Pinnacles today. I had them add another 1/2" padding to my Corbin backrest which they did for free! and the seat is 1 1/2 years old. And yes JC, I finally got the CHROME backrest backplate.  :)
JC, have you hit any thunder storms yet?

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 10:37:06 PM »

We're at the Paris Hotel in Vegas today.  We left Mojave very early this morning and got here early.  We were just down at the pool and of course I sprung for Terrie to get a massage at the spa.  Interesting, the pool is on the third floor, directly under the Eiffel Tower. :o
You're such a good hubby JC....I'll bet that massage felt great after yesterday's long ride and your ride today...it's good to relax a little...after all...you're on vacation :pepper: .....but where's the pics???

As Roger mentioned...we had a nice ride to Corbin early this am and on to the Pinnacles...not as hot as usual...we're having some weird weather today...I love the new chrome backrest plate...He would have had that from the start if I would have went with him on the original trip to get the seat done  :2vrolijk_21:

Enjoy the rest of the trip and say hi to Terrie for me!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »

We stopped by Corbin today on our way to Pinnacles today. I had them add another 1/2" padding to my Corbin backrest which they did for free! and the seat is 1 1/2 years old.

TD, did you notice any difference in the Corbin operations now compared to past visits?  Just wondering if the business and property being offered for sale was having any impact noticable from the outside.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

TD, did you notice any difference in the Corbin operations now compared to past visits?  Just wondering if the business and property being offered for sale was having any impact noticable from the outside.

Don;
I have not been there to see the operations in a long time but i can tell you from the Dealer standpoint they have gotten better with recent orders and communication. The reps i dealt with a year ago are all gone (and that's a good thing).....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »

Don;
I have not been there to see the operations in a long time but i can tell you from the Dealer standpoint they have gotten better with recent orders and communication. The reps i dealt with a year ago are all gone (and that's a good thing).....

That's good to hear.  For a long time they had been an excellent vendor to work with.  Then beginning at a time a couple years or so ago there seemed to a real decline.  Many had real difficulty resolving issues with them or just getting good information to make an order.  

They bothed a backrest order of mine and didn't get it all 100% as directed on the red saddle for the SERG.  In both case they worked through to satisfactory conclusions but some haven't been that lucky.

Have used their saddles so long my backside honestly doesn't know anything else.  Really pleased to read that your well practiced experience with them is that of improvement.  Thanks.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 11:10:50 AM »

TL, I didn't notice any change in operations other than the restaurant opens later at 9AM, no for sale signs out front.  :) I have always dealt with their head seat maker, Gustavo, here in Ca. and he said his hours have been cut to 32 a week. They were definitely busy, but seemingly not as busy as all on all our previous Sat. visits. The manager, Julio, originally quoted me $90 to add to my backrest but when it was revealed that recovering was not necessary, there was no charge, not even for the 1/2 hr labor. Good customer service!
Side note: When I had my last seat made, I talked Gustavo into recessing the heating element into the foam pad so no cover stitching would be necessary. (Stitching pattern is to lift portions of the cover off the heating element to reduce heat). It has worked great for me and he has only done one since. Not for everyone but here's a pic when new. Color has toned down now

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »

TL, I didn't notice any change in operations other than the restaurant opens later at 9AM, no for sale signs out front.  :) I have always dealt with their head seat maker, Gustavo, here in Ca. and he said his hours have been cut to 32 a week. They were definitely busy, but seemingly not as busy as all on all our previous Sat. visits. The manager, Julio, originally quoted me $90 to add to my backrest but when it was revealed that recovering was not necessary, there was no charge, not even for the 1/2 hr labor. Good customer service!
Side note: When I had my last seat made, I talked Gustavo into recessing the heating element into the foam pad so no cover stitching would be necessary. (Stitching pattern is to lift portions of the cover off the heating element to reduce heat). It has worked great for me and he has only done one since. Not for everyone but here's a pic when new. Color has toned down now

Thanks TD.  Have been curious about how the company might be doing and what changes it might be showing.  They did seem to have their difficulties for awhile so it is good to read they might be more dedicated to customer service again. 

That's a good looking saddle.  The tan ostrich looks great on the reds.  It will mute down a bit more if mine is anything to go by.  They pick up a little bit of character in use and to my eye look better and better over time.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »

Congrats on the new bike JC..  You are already making it your own.  You said many times you would have an 010 SESG if the MOCO made one.  Good job.    :2vrolijk_21:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »

Hey JC--how soft is that seat. I have heard the Corbins can be pretty hard. I like the look of that one and was going to go to a solo over the winter (hopefully)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2009, 11:08:09 PM »

JCZ got an iron butt! He will ride that thing into submission :bananarock:

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »

Hey Lucky88, why do you have three bikes still in their crates?

I guess I got a bit obsessed about buying them untouched in the box till I am  ready to play with them. LOL! ;D
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »

trapperdog = what kind of skin is your seat made of?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49

Page created in 0.642 seconds with 24 queries.