Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Random Debate about Sapper's bike (that he doesn't have yet)!!!  (Read 14029 times)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
Random Debate about Sapper's bike (that he doesn't have yet)!!!
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »

Put your pictures in the new Thread Here:

I Changed the name of this thread (from SESG Picture Challenge) because it really didn't have any pictures and I think at least one picture thread is really important for each bike type, so if you like go ahead and let me have your thoughts and comments about the SESG.

++++++++++Original Post Below+++++++++++++++

Post up your best SESG pics to see who will reign SUPREME.

You can make up your own mind, but the rules are as follows.

1.  I am the judge
2.  Post as many pictures as you wish of ANY SESG (it doesn't have to be yours)
3.  One winner for each color offered in 2010.
4.  Bonus points for style.
5.  You can make comments about the photos, but keep it brief.
6.  Please let the pictures do the talking and refrain from sidebars (see rule 5.)
7.  Bribes accepted and encouraged.

Here is the deal.  I will never get to see even one of these bikes before I have to decide which one to buy.  I've known since before they were released that I would buy one like many of you I'm sure.  I however have to sit on the sideline until May before I'll be anywhere near one and I'm still not convinced of which color to choose.

Early leaders are Red Devil for the Spiced Rum and JCZ for the Candy Concord.  They've thrown up the best pics I've seen for those two colors and I'm unsure yet who's posted the best one's for the TS.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:32:05 PM by Sapper6 »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Random Debate about Sapper's bike (that he doesn't have yet)!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »

Waiting until May is going to be rough enough.....you're gonna make yourself nuts doing this too :huepfenlol2:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:15:45 PM »

Mike, who said I was sane to begin with?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 12:17:08 PM »

Sapper, I figured you made your mind up when you bought the blue-stitched Corbin seat from Jim.   :nixweiss: 
:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »

That's the plan, but I may have to take what I'm offered if I want to buy through ENCS.  That said, I believe black leather dye (or some other black pigment) will blacken out the blue thread and black goes with everything!  I'd hate to do that, but it is what it is.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:30:30 PM »

Mike, who said I was sane to begin with?

You got me there.....

Sapper, I figured you made your mind up when you bought the blue-stitched Corbin seat from Jim.   :nixweiss:  

That would look kind of strange if he didn't end up with a blue bike :nixweiss:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »

We are all miserably failing to follow rule number 5-6.. :coolblue:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »

You got me there.....

That would look kind of strange if he didn't end up with a blue bike :nixweiss:
Most definitely... ???

2012 FLHXSE3

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 12:38:27 PM »

Sapper-

The tequila is the way to go.......pics very soon to come!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »

Sapper-

The tequila is the way to go.......pics very soon to come!

Finally someone willing to step up to the Challenge!

BTW don't forget rule #7.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 01:20:52 PM »

Sapper, I figured you made your mind up when you bought the blue-stitched Corbin seat from Jim.   :nixweiss: 

Correct to some extent.  Here is some more info and you can let me know what you think.  (see again I'm ignoring rules 5 and 6).  I can save about 3-4k out the door with ENCS (Exchange new car sales).  I may not get to dictate the color though.  If I can get a Grape that will be my first choice.  If not than I dye the thread on the seat black and ride what I get. :nixweiss:  Thoughts?

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »

I was going with Grape until I saw Tequila in the Sunlight!!!!!!
It was all over except the riding.

Cannot post from my Iphone so Pics later
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »

Awful lotta chatter but no photos. You're gonna have to rename this thread.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 02:12:11 PM »

Awful lotta chatter but no photos. You're gonna have to rename this thread.

Done!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 02:13:30 PM »

That should get the pictures pouring in!

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »

Up to this point I would really like to thank all the members of this site.  I can say that I have not met a member here who has not gone out of their way to be helpful.  I've not started many threads myself thus far in my membership here, but.....

I did start this thread to try and coax some more pictures out of the SESG members, but it didn't seem to be getting much play that way.  Interesting how these threads can take on a life of their own.  Like to continue this thread though with other suggestions about the bike if people are interested.  I had hoped to start a thread with my own Mod progression and maybe this is the place to list all the stuff I've already bought for a bike I don't own...

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 03:11:55 PM »

The first thing I bought for the bike yet to be mine was a used KTP off of ebay.  LarryB showed me what could be done with one on his Grey Ghost and we've talked about him painting the KTP for me.  I may decide to be that elaborate, or I may cheap out and go with just a single color.  I saw the gorgeous one that JZ has and although it is outstanding, I decided that I wanted one with lights, because I would likely only have it on while the wife is on the back and I like the thought of the extra margin of safety provided by the lights.

Here is a picture of the used KTP I purchased off of Ebay.  It is off of a '08 Ultra.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

Yesterday I bought a new Corbin Classic Solo Seat with heat off of HD-dude and asked him to throw in a Corbin Leather Ovalbac backrest as well.  The seat has the same blue flame job as JCZ's, but has a "nose job" which is intended to help the crotchal reach for us vertically challenged Sappers.  No pics of the ACTUAL seat yet, but I know what I'm getting from Dude and it was exactly what I was lookin for.  As others have mentioned I really do want the Grape, but I would be happy with any of the colors :2vrolijk_21:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »

More ebay fishing yeilded an early catch.  Actually think this was before the TP....

I found a used Hawg Wired PSC/DX Double shot system...

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »

Isn't this how Cybil got started? :'(

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »

CoalvilleBob was gracious enough to sell me his used Zumo 550.  He's moved on to the 660 and I did want the XM feature so I'm happy there.  CoalvilleBob is a great guy and BTW if you do complete the Hoka Key ride I really want to see pictures.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »

The title alone is some funny chit. :huepfenlol2:  Not funny for you, of course.....but made me chuckle. :2vrolijk_21:

Any of the SESGs are a winner.......we all know that.  But of course I'm partial to the blue and I'm not done yet, with mine.  More will be revealed.

As for the blue stitched seat.....if you go with another color of bike, I don't think you'd have any problem selling that seat for full value (it's new and they wouldn't have to wait) or.........send it back to Corbin to be recovered in the same pattern with a different color (I'm sure that wouldn't cost much).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

The first thing I bought for the bike yet to be mine was a used KTP off of ebay.  LarryB showed me what could be done with one on his Grey Ghost and we've talked about him painting the KTP for me.  I may decide to be that elaborate, or I may cheap out and go with just a single color.  I saw the gorgeous one that JZ has and although it is outstanding, I decided that I wanted one with lights, because I would likely only have it on while the wife is on the back and I like the thought of the extra margin of safety provided by the lights.

Here is a picture of the used KTP I purchased off of Ebay.  It is off of a '08 Ultra.

I agree 100% on your thinking on the extra lighting.  And painted the matching color (what ever color you go with) and the chrome trim around the corner marker lights as well as the side marker lights........that tour pack will make mine look plain (hell, it is).  

As far as the extra lighting goes, I ordered the tour pack spoiler (with LED light) and the saddle bag spoilers with LED run, stop, turn lights in them......for the same reason (I've had two friends killed by drunk drivers while sitting at a red light......seperate accidents, years apart).  But decided against the saddle bag spoilers because I wanted to keep the clean lines of the tail section on the SESG so I sold them to Bill (WFP).  By the way, I'm thinkin he should be well on his way to getting his SESG tricked out, too.  We know Bill has some very nice rides and goes the extra mile, also. :2vrolijk_21:  He's been way to quiet in this section of the board.  Give it up Bill........ :worthless:

Anyway Sapper.......what ever color you end up with, I know it's going to be damn nice when you get done with it and look forward to seeing some photos and hopefully we'll be able to put a few miles down together, some day. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »

The title alone is some funny chit. :huepfenlol2:  Not funny for you, of course.....but made me chuckle. :2vrolijk_21:

Any of the SESGs are a winner.......we all know that.  But of course I'm partial to the blue and I'm not done yet, with mine.  More will be revealed.  Tease

As for the blue stitched seat.....if you go with another color of bike, I don't think you'd have any problem selling that seat for full value (it's new and they wouldn't have to wait) or.........send it back to Corbin to be recovered in the same pattern with a different color (I'm sure that wouldn't cost much).

I'm sure your right about the seat JC.  I had to buy it anyway so that I could reverse tactics on my wife.....    "IT WAS ON SALE"  

MKW got lucky I think with ENCS.  They hooked him up off the bat.  I was told I'd have to wait till January for another shot and even then nothing would be guaranteed....    They say that the new allocations should not be an issue though, so the wait continues.  

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 04:03:20 PM »

As far as the extra lighting goes, I ordered the tour pack spoiler (with LED light) and the saddle bag spoilers with LED run, stop, turn lights in them......for the same reason (I've had two friends killed by drunk drivers while sitting at a red light......seperate accidents, years apart)

HarleyPingman sent me the part numbers for the new LED tour pack lights that are on the new CVO ultra's.  The setup is not restricted and I thought very seriously about going that route, but in the end decided I didn't need to be that original.  Maybe someday though

hopefully we'll be able to put a few miles down together, some day. :2vrolijk_21:

I would really enjoy the opportunity to ride with you and some of the guys out west some time.  I took a ride similar to the one you wrote about (Zion national park/Brice canyon etc.) before the deployment and I want to return with the wife on another ride out there.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »

Correct to some extent.  Here is some more info and you can let me know what you think.  (see again I'm ignoring rules 5 and 6).  I can save about 3-4k out the door with ENCS (Exchange new car sales).  I may not get to dictate the color though.  If I can get a Grape that will be my first choice.  If not than I dye the thread on the seat black and ride what I get. :nixweiss:  Thoughts?
you should be able to request the color that you want.  I bought my first HD back in the old days through HD Military Sales and had total control over what color I wanted and where and when I wanted it deliverd.  Now the when part might be a little harder with a CVO, but the where and color should still be your choice with them. You said you weren't getting back until May, so you'll be getting towards the end of the production run of the 2010s, so you may have to go with whatever color they're putting together at that time.   :nixweiss:  Either way, I know you'll be happy.  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »

you should be able to request the color that you want.  I bought my first HD back in the old days through HD Military Sales and had total control over what color I wanted and where and when I wanted it deliverd.  Now the when part might be a little harder with a CVO, but the where and color should still be your choice with them. You said you weren't getting back until May, so you'll be getting towards the end of the production run of the 2010s, so you may have to go with whatever color they're putting together at that time.   :nixweiss:  Either way, I know you'll be happy.  :2vrolijk_21:

Red,

I don't recall the exact source, but I believe they didn't actually start offering CVO's until a few years ago.  Now they will let you pick the color, but it affects your likelihood of receiving that bike (per the CVO's).  I've told the sales reps my priority, but have also told them not to exclude me from other offerings in the hopes that it will ensure I at least get a bike.

I met and started corresponding with the dealer in Kuwait before we made the push up North.  That's the same dealer that MKW used to get his TS.  The dealer got two bikes in the initial push.  Mark got the TS and the dealer emailed me saying he had a SR.  I was out of the wire for about a week and no email till I got back and he'd already moved the bike.

Now I've got a deposit down and I'm on a priority list (don't know where I fall) which is the best I can do for now.

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »

Sapper-

Just installed the double shot HWs on the bike.....they are awesome, you won't be disappointed!
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »

Isn't this how Cybil got started? :'(

OK....   Me and Hoist!  I couldn't even begin to keep up. :huepfenjump3:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »

I know most here would not consider going this route, but does anyone have pictures of a zumo mounted to the inner fairing?  I was thinking about this method, because I don't plan to share the zumo out with any other bike.  I also plan to use it to play MP3's and XM so regardless of the destination I'll be using it for music.  That said I don't plan to remove it and I'm not going to get overly hung up about what it looks like when it's not mounted, I don't think.......

I can pick up another inner for about 100 bucks delivered, and have it painted with the tour pack (packs?) for not much more.  Drill that one for the mount and if I ever decide to sell/trade put the original back in.  I guess the total damage would probably be about $150-175 which is about as much as many have paid for their handlebar mounts.  The fairing mount came with the zumo I bout from CoalvilleBob.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »

OK....   Me and Hoist!  I couldn't even begin to keep up. :huepfenjump3:

HeHe!!! Just follow DICK or JCZ then! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Have fun makin it yours Sapper! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 06:00:03 PM »

I know most here would not consider going this route, but does anyone have pictures of a zumo mounted to the inner fairing?  I was thinking about this method, because I don't plan to share the zumo out with any other bike.  I also plan to use it to play MP3's and XM so regardless of the destination I'll be using it for music.  That said I don't plan to remove it and I'm not going to get overly hung up about what it looks like when it's not mounted, I don't think.......

I can pick up another inner for about 100 bucks delivered, and have it painted with the tour pack (packs?) for not much more.  Drill that one for the mount and if I ever decide to sell/trade put the original back in.  I guess the total damage would probably be about $150-175 which is about as much as many have paid for their handlebar mounts.  The fairing mount came with the zumo I bout from CoalvilleBob.
Just keep in mind that the GPS units change faster than motorcycles.  Terrie ordered the Garmin 2730 Streetpilot two months before it hit the streets (I think that was about four years ago).  It's now so obsolete you can't even find one on ebay or Amazon anymore.  Then they came out with the Zumo 550 (they also have XM radio) which you can still find, but they're not being made anymore.  Now it's the Zumo 660 (no XM) and I'm sure they'll drop that one and come out with something new in time for Christmas.  Technology......it's obsolete thirty days after you buy it.

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »

Just keep in mind that the GPS units change faster than motorcycles.  Terrie ordered the Garmin 2730 Streetpilot two months before it hit the streets (I think that was about four years ago).  It's now so obsolete you can't even find one on ebay or Amazon anymore.  Then they came out with the Zumo 550 (they also have XM radio) which you can still find, but they're not being made anymore.  Now it's the Zumo 660 (no XM) and I'm sure they'll drop that one and come out with something new in time for Christmas.  Technology......it's obsolete thirty days after you buy it.
The 550's are still being made and available directly from Garmin (click here) they did stop making the 450/500 Zumo's which were downgraded 550's. From what I've heard and read I think the 550's will be around for a little while longer the 660's are still getting mixed reviews. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 07:14:14 PM »

I know what you mean about the rapidly changing technology.  I think that it really only becomes obsolete if it is no longer supported or if the needs of the individual change.

I'll likely not have my mind made up until I'm home anyway.

I'm sure I'll be happy with the 550 from the money I saved over the 660, buying used and the XM option.

daleleo

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »

Ok, I hope this helps.  I too was conflicted about the color, especially Rum as it seemed to show somewhere bewteen burgandy and brown in various photos.  So, I actually drove about 400 miles in all and got a chance to see all three colors in person.  While I didnt take photos I did search the internet again based on your post and feel that these pictures are the "quite color accurate".

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1583/Motorcycle-Photo-Gallery/2010-Harley-Davidson-CVO-Motorcycles.aspx

Also, I have no idea what the market will be like in May but I bought mine for MSRP and got $1200 in accessories thrown in. This was at Peninsula HD in NO CA and other dealers were making similar offers so you may want to weigh that (and presumably the abiltiy to specify color if you email enough dealers and try to get a similar offer) vs the military discount and taking the color they have.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »

Ok, I hope this helps.  I too was conflicted about the color, especially Rum as it seemed to show somewhere bewteen burgandy and brown in various photos. 

Fortunately, for me that is, I was never conflicted about the color I wanted.  It was Spiced Rum or I wasn't going to get one.  I've never been a fan of blue on a motorcycle (sorry blue bike owners, it just isn't my color on a bike) and the Red turned out to be too damned bright and orangeish (is that a word?) I liked the Rum depending on how the light hits it...it can be burgandy or brown...(the base coat is metallic purple believe it or not)...and the 20K yellow gold leafing along with the red flames really separates, IMO, the Spiced Rum from all the other colors and gives it it's own unique look.  I was fortunate, that my dealer got the Spiced Rum in first, because they had no problem selling it to me.  :)

2012 FLHXSE3

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »

Fortunately, for me that is, I was never conflicted about the color I wanted.  It was Spiced Rum or I wasn't going to get one.  I've never been a fan of blue on a motorcycle (sorry blue bike owners, it just isn't my color on a bike) and the Red turned out to be too damned bright and orangeish (is that a word?) I liked the Rum depending on how the light hits it...it can be burgandy or brown...(the base coat is metallic purple believe it or not)...and the 20K yellow gold leafing along with the red flames really separates, IMO, the Spiced Rum from all the other colors and gives it it's own unique look.  I was fortunate, that my dealer got the Spiced Rum in first, because they had no problem selling it to me.  :)

So wheres the pictures

:worthless:
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »

Fortunately, for me that is, I was never conflicted about the color I wanted.  It was Spiced Rum or I wasn't going to get one.

That was me as well.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »

So wheres the pictures

:worthless:

You can see pics of my Cap'n Morgan here:  My New Baby

2012 FLHXSE3

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 07:13:53 AM »

Sweet
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 12:04:39 AM »

Real nice bike, almost makes me wish I would have gotten the Spiced Rum...............ALMOST!!
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »

Real nice bike, almost makes me wish I would have gotten the Spiced Rum...............ALMOST!!

I think it would look awesome ridin behind me in the Blu Ridge :coolblue:
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 05:06:37 PM »

I know what you mean about the rapidly changing technology.  I think that it really only becomes obsolete if it is no longer supported or if the needs of the individual change.

I'll likely not have my mind made up until I'm home anyway.

I'm sure I'll be happy with the 550 from the money I saved over the 660, buying used and the XM option.

You could always strap a PLGR or a DAGR to the handlebars!!
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »

I think it would look awesome ridin behind me in the Blu Ridge :coolblue:

Like THAT would happen.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 10:31:42 PM »

Me and a couple other members of this forum passed on the spiced rum that set at Eagle's Nest HD for a couple months.  It was the big blue that sold me and I haven't looked back. :2vrolijk_21:

It's been two or three months since then and  still haven't saw a spiced rum on the road here in Calif.  I think they're all back east. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »

Here is an update about the my quest for the elusive SESG.

I was at COB Speicher the other day and spoke to a different and very knowledgeable ENCS salesmen.  He told me that one of the possible courses of action that may happen is that my sales rep could allocate me a SESG of any color in the next available allocation thus guaranteeing me a bike.  As other allocations become available they can switch me to others available through the program which also generally means that will delay the delivery date.  For me that is a good thing because otherwise I'd have to start making interest payments ahead of schedule.  What it boils down to is that I have a few more options than I thought, because I can switch to another color or to a later delivery date.  This also makes me feel a little sick that I missed the Spiced Rum that was available back in August.  Nothing I could do about it because I was gone on a mission when it was available and I didn't have a chance to pick it up anyway, tut armed with this info I could have told them to lock me into any SESG.

With this new info I plan to let my sales rep know that I'll take any color with any delivery date, hoping that the later available bikes will give me a second chance at a choice in color and possibly a targeted delivery date.

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »

Sounds like the makings of a plan! :2vrolijk_21:
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »

With this new info I plan to let my sales rep know that I'll take any color with any delivery date, hoping that the later available bikes will give me a second chance at a choice in color and possibly a targeted delivery date.

Have you decided on color yet? I think all three are sharp, but I like my Rum.
Tequila ALWAYS got me in trouble, and I'm not much for the Vino  :)

A good spiced rum ... such as Blackbeard's Reserve 26 ... well now ....
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »

Me and a couple other members of this forum passed on the spiced rum that set at Eagle's Nest HD for a couple months.  It was the big blue that sold me and I haven't looked back. :2vrolijk_21:

It's been two or three months since then and  still haven't saw a spiced rum on the road here in Calif.  I think they're all back east. :nixweiss:
I think Blue is most likely one of the best colors.............. :2vrolijk_21:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »

Have you decided on color yet? I think all three are sharp, but I like my Rum.
Tequila ALWAYS got me in trouble, and I'm not much for the Vino  :)

A good spiced rum ... such as Blackbeard's Reserve 26 ... well now ....

I want a Concord, but will take what I can get.  Household 6 says no to the Rum.  Tactically speaking I gotta sell the wife on this bike and I'm sure you don't need an explanation there.  That leaves the Tequila and the Concord.  I've already got a seat that matches the Concord, but I'm not going to let a seat change keep me away from a SESG.

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »

I want a Concord, but will take what I can get.  Household 6 says no to the Rum.  Tactically speaking I gotta sell the wife on this bike and I'm sure you don't need an explanation there.  That leaves the Tequila and the Concord.  I've already got a seat that matches the Concord, but I'm not going to let a seat change keep me away from a SESG.

Wife started out wanting the Concord anything but the Rum, but once in the showroom The dazzle of the Tequila was intoxicating!

So it went home with Us and We're both Very Happy! :orange: :bananarock: :drink: :drink: :drink:

One thing that concerned me is that in the shop the slowest movers seemed to be the Blue bikes in general. May be an illusion? Personally its my favorite color but we had one Blue Road King wit 500 miles on it and priced at wholesale it still sat in the showroom for a 18 months. I cannot see this happening to an SESG in any color but it affected my purchase. That said one look at JC's and who doesn't want a Blue one????
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »

Wife started out wanting the Concord anything but the Rum, but once in the showroom The dazzle of the Tequila was intoxicating!

So it went home with Us and We're both Very Happy! :orange: :bananarock: :drink: :drink: :drink:

One thing that concerned me is that in the shop the slowest movers seemed to be the Blue bikes in general. May be an illusion? Personally its my favorite color but we had one Blue Road King wit 500 miles on it and priced at wholesale it still sat in the showroom for a 18 months. I cannot see this happening to an SESG in any color but it affected my purchase. That said one look at JC's and who doesn't want a Blue one????

Well.....me!!   :D 

It's the same thing around here...blue bikes are the last to move.  My dealer didn't even ask for a blue SESG for 2010.  Took another Spiced Rum instead.  Go figure.  But he's right.  I put my red '08 Street Glide on consignment with my dealer to buy my SESG...it stayed on the floor a grand total of 3 days before it was scarfed up.  I got what I was asking for it too.  Another guy put an '07 blue Street Glide on consignment with them about two weeks after mine sold, and it's still sitting on the floor.  I didn't do a lot to my SG to make it any different from this guy's SG, other than his is blue.  Go figure.... :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »

Well.....me!!   :D 

It's the same thing around here...blue bikes are the last to move.  My dealer didn't even ask for a blue SESG for 2010.  Took another Spiced Rum instead.  Go figure.  But he's right.  I put my red '08 Street Glide on consignment with my dealer to buy my SESG...it stayed on the floor a grand total of 3 days before it was scarfed up.  I got what I was asking for it too.  Another guy put an '07 blue Street Glide on consignment with them about two weeks after mine sold, and it's still sitting on the floor.  I didn't do a lot to my SG to make it any different from this guy's SG, other than his is blue.  Go figure.... :nixweiss:

I think all the SESG colors are sharp.  Foolish or not I don't really care about what other peoples preference might be on this thing when I'm done with it.  The last thing this machine is, is an investment for good monetary capital.  It's for enjoyment.  Get away from that and I think you miss the point.

I make moderate decisions with my home that way, because it is that type of an investment where I need to make decisions that fit a criteria where changes are cost effective, beneficial to me and my family, and appealing to a broad range of buyers.  When I do the work myself and am frugal about tools and materials I get to enjoy the benefits of the remodeling and usually make a profit.  Not the same thing with a machine that depreciates the day you buy it.

My plan for now is to keep this bike.  Maybe it will stay in the family, but I have no plans to trade it in later/ever.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »

Heres an 07 sesg clone or serkvertible or roadking with faring, ...I tried to keep up but then realized it was fruitless.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »

miker, my dad did the same thing with his 07 SERK (red).  He did the fairing and the hard bags.  After seeing/riding his bike I was more than hooked.  I'd decided to buy an 09 street glide though.  That is until August when they released the 2010 SESG.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

I did all that and never loved the bike...sold it and bought a harleybago..happy with it for its job in SoFla on the super slab but.....  ::)

You are gonna love the new chassis...

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »

I did all that and never loved the bike...sold it and bought a harleybago..happy with it for its job in SoFla on the super slab but.....  ::)

You are gonna love the new chassis...

You are damn right!  It is going to take so long to wipe the chit eatin grin off my face you couldn't be more right.  Most of it is about perspective.  1st beer in 1 year is an outstanding beer!  First Lay in a year, first hot shower without having to walk through sand there and back, first bike ride on my first CVO.  Life after deployment has a honeymoon phase.  The key is to keep in mind the appreciation you have for simple things before you lose them.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »

Heres an 07 sesg clone or serkvertible or roadking with faring, ...I tried to keep up but then realized it was fruitless.

Lazy Loser!!! :P ::) :D :D :D :D :D ;)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »

Lazy.....well, that might be argued.  Loser and Mike don't belong in the same conversation.  If he's a loser because he got to the top with that bike and went on to something else......you need to take a peek at his stable. :2vrolijk_21:

Mike plays it like he's broke and doing without.....he is Harley rich! ;D

West Coast GTG   

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2009, 04:25:59 PM »

I think all the SESG colors are sharp.  Foolish or not I don't really care about what other peoples preference might be on this thing when I'm done with it.  The last thing this machine is, is an investment for good monetary capital.  It's for enjoyment.  Get away from that and I think you miss the point.

I make moderate decisions with my home that way, because it is that type of an investment where I need to make decisions that fit a criteria where changes are cost effective, beneficial to me and my family, and appealing to a broad range of buyers.  When I do the work myself and am frugal about tools and materials I get to enjoy the benefits of the remodeling and usually make a profit.  Not the same thing with a machine that depreciates the day you buy it.

My plan for now is to keep this bike.  Maybe it will stay in the family, but I have no plans to trade it in later/ever.

I hope you didn't tell your wife this...trust me that chit will come back to haunt you.  :nervous: I told my wife that the 08 SG would be my commuter and never get traded in and I'd run it into the ground....well, along comes the '10 SESG, and the rest, as they say, is history.  I don't subscribe to the theory anymore.   :P ::) (Besides, my better half knows me better than that when I say I'll never get rid of this...hehe)

2012 FLHXSE3

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »

Sapper 6, thanks for your service.  Known here as Yoda but you could get away with calling me Sapper 7.  Retired almost 5 years, been on a SEUC for just over 1 & a half years and lovin it. 

Yoda
US Army 1981-2005

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »

:D :D :D

I didnt break mine... ::)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2009, 07:15:08 PM »

I hope you didn't tell your wife this...trust me that chit will come back to haunt you.  :nervous: I told my wife that the 08 SG would be my commuter and never get traded in and I'd run it into the ground....well, along comes the '10 SESG, and the rest, as they say, is history.  I don't subscribe to the theory anymore.   :P ::) (Besides, my better half knows me better than that when I say I'll never get rid of this...hehe)

Never said anything about not buying another bike...... :coolblue:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »

Sapper 6, thanks for your service.  Known here as Yoda but you could get away with calling me Sapper 7.  Retired almost 5 years, been on a SEUC for just over 1 & a half years and lovin it. 

Yoda
US Army 1981-2005

And thank you Top.  I'll be back at FLW for the CCC starting in November of next year.  We should GTG and do some riding as it warms up.  I would be honored to buy you a drink.

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2009, 10:10:30 PM »

CoalvilleBob was gracious enough to sell me his used Zumo 550.  He's moved on to the 660 and I did want the XM feature so I'm happy there.  CoalvilleBob is a great guy and BTW if you do complete the Hoka Key ride I really want to see pictures.

It's HOKA HEY!!  http://www.hokaheychallenge.com/
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

Sounds like a good reason to use a rental Bike
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2009, 08:17:53 AM »

And thank you Top.  I'll be back at FLW for the CCC starting in November of next year.  We should GTG and do some riding as it warms up.  I would be honored to buy you a drink.

Well we will see ya then.  You will have a great time riding here even into Nov and Dec and our local dealer are great people.  Initiate something for me.  "Fire in the hole"

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »

So your going to visit my old home at FLW just a days ride away
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »

I hope you didn't tell your wife this...trust me that chit will come back to haunt you.  :nervous: I told my wife that the 08 SG would be my commuter and never get traded in and I'd run it into the ground....well, along comes the '10 SESG, and the rest, as they say, is history.  I don't subscribe to the theory anymore.    :P ::) (Besides, my better half knows me better than that when I say I'll never get rid of this...hehe)

Hey, I graduated that class, too. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »

So your going to visit my old home at FLW just a days ride away

Yes sir, last time I was there the 5th was still there, actually just coming back from OIF then and raising hell all through the town.

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »

From Rolla all the way to Waynesville I'll bet
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2010, 06:28:32 PM »

SAPPER GOES DOWN UNDER......

It has been a long road and I'm ready for a break.  I'm leaving Iraq for my 2 weeks of Rest and Recuperation leave.  My wife is going to meet me in Australia.  We are going to go Sydney and hop on a cruise ship.  The military will fly you wherever you want to go when you go on R&R.  Most people just go home, I did on my last deployment.  This time thought I asked my wife if she wanted to meet me somewhere.  My only preference was that it was an English speaking country.  My Spanish is horrible and I'm tired of making a mess out of even simple Arabic phrases.

I get to watch my Colts play in the Superbowl tomorrow and catch my temporary freedom bird soon after.

Still no bike though.  Perhaps something will become available after I get back from R&R.

I had a couple of family members buy some stuff for the bike over Christmas, which I'll have to see about listing in this thread later.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »

Enjoy your R&R :beerchug:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2010, 09:55:25 PM »

Cruise ship?  To where?  My little brother is civil service for the Air Force.....he spent three weeks in Sidney this past summer.  He didn't want to come home.  Have a great time.  Hopefully you'll be able to nail that bike down, soon.  Hopefully, for your sake, it'll the Candy Concord! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2010, 01:50:42 AM »

SAPPER GOES DOWN UNDER......

It has been a long road and I'm ready for a break.  I'm leaving Iraq for my 2 weeks of Rest and Recuperation leave.  My wife is going to meet me in Australia.  We are going to go Sydney and hop on a cruise ship.  The military will fly you wherever you want to go when you go on R&R.  Most people just go home, I did on my last deployment.  This time thought I asked my wife if she wanted to meet me somewhere.  My only preference was that it was an English speaking country.  My Spanish is horrible and I'm tired of making a mess out of even simple Arabic phrases.

I get to watch my Colts play in the Superbowl tomorrow and catch my temporary freedom bird soon after.

Still no bike though.  Perhaps something will become available after I get back from R&R.

I had a couple of family members buy some stuff for the bike over Christmas, which I'll have to see about listing in this thread later.

Sapper.... have an awesome R & R!!!
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »

:drink:

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. :2vrolijk_21:

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of Aussie country.  I may even try to rent a bike for a day!! :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 21 queries.