Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sundowner seat?  (Read 1666 times)

captainmorgan

Sundowner seat?
« on: July 23, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »

Will sundowner work with 13 cvo road glide without pulling of 2 rails that are under passenger seat?

Jus did a 300 mile trip with girlfriend and her rear is not happy.

I'm looking for replacement of stock for longer trips with her without pulling up strips.

I'm open to options besides sundowner so let me know... Just don't want to pull up strips/rails under stock pillion.

ultrarider123

Re: Sundowner seat?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:48:56 AM »

Yes, the sundowner will work without removing your rails.  I have one of the loaner models on Ginger right now and no rail issues....went right on with no issues.  I suggest if you are going with the sundowner, utilize the seat demo deal at your local dealer.  You can borrow whatever seat you are thinking of and use it for a bit so you and your BSR can see how it works for you.  You don't have to buy a seat first and then have regret.  It's a great program if you are considering an HD seat.

I've looked at Corbin (again) and considered the Mustang touring models but after a few miles with the loaner Sundowner, I think that's the way I'm going, too.  Like the seating position for me and more room/more comfortable for my better half.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Howard

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »

I just sold my Sundowner. It will fit but you may have to push down on the seat while tightening the fender screw.  Additionally, you may want to consider putting 3M paint protector on the rear fender.  My seat put a few scuff marks on my bike from rubbing in the wrong places. 

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:32:30 AM »

I have decided to go with the Hammock (non heated). Will see if a demo seat will work with the fender strips.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

captainmorgan

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »

Interested in what you find out.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.