Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 'Easy Rider' actor Peter Fonda dead at age 79  (Read 1021 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
'Easy Rider' actor Peter Fonda dead at age 79
« on: August 16, 2019, 09:42:38 PM »

Oscar nominated actor Peter Fonda, who played a cool and introspective motorcyclist in the 1969 film "Easy Rider" that captured the spirit of the era's counterculture movement, died on Friday at age 79, his family said in a statement.

Fonda, the son of Hollywood leading man Henry Fonda and the brother of Jane Fonda, died at his home in Los Angeles on Friday morning of respiratory failure from lung cancer, the statement said.

"It is with deep sorrow that we share the news that Peter Fonda has passed away," it said, adding: "In honor of Peter, please raise a glass to freedom."

"While we mourn the loss of this sweet and gracious man, we also wish for all to celebrate his indomitable spirit and love of life," the family said.

Fonda played the wanderer Wyatt in "Easy Rider," opposite the late Dennis Hopper who co-starred as fellow biker Billy and directed the film.

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 'Easy Rider' actor Peter Fonda dead at age 79
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:21:14 PM »

Easy Rider had a huge impact on those of us that saw it at theatre's when it first came out.

Rest in peace Fonda, you had a heck of a ride!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 12:08:41 AM »

Sad day... Easy Rider was a classic movie.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 06:10:30 AM »

RIP.  Fonda had some great movie roles.  Met him when he was filming Ulee's Gold back in the 90s. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.