Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What do you guys use to clean the black vinyl/whatever it is on lowers?  (Read 14016 times)

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
Re: What do you guys use to clean the black vinyl/whatever it is on lowers?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 11:15:00 PM »

I just use a no-rinse wash called Optimum No-Rinse. Just a gallon of water and a capful of ONR to wash whole bike. I also, use it to make my own quick detailer by adding it to water in a spray bottle.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 01:41:19 AM »

I may try the lemon pledge next time, but i have been using original Armour All and it does a nice job.
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 08:22:37 AM »

303 Aerospace. Great stuff like Doc said. Use on bike and cars. Lasts a long time.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 10:37:58 AM »

I just use a no-rinse wash called Optimum No-Rinse. Just a gallon of water and a capful of ONR to wash whole bike. I also, use it to make my own quick detailer by adding it to water in a spray bottle.

I just did the research on this Optimum No-Rinse.  They make it in both a wash & shine and a wash & wax.  I think I'm going to try this stuff.  Where I live in the Ozarks, my water is 160' down in my well and filtered through natural limestone, so it's very mineral laden and hard.  Consequently it leaves rings and water marks no matter how fast you dry the paint.  I've thought about re-piping my front spigot on the house to come from the softened water supply in the house, but haven't gotten to that point yet.  Plus, I'd like a quality rinse and dry for both our black sports car and my bike as the 3/4 mile gravel road puts out some horrendous dust that seems to stick to everything.
Plus, I can pre-mix this with some filtered water and keep it in a windex bottle for those times I need a little touch-up on painted or chrome surfaces.
This stuff looks like it might do the trick for me, but I won't ever give up my Aerospace 303 in the meantime! 
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »

+2

I've used it for years on all my vehicles.  Also use their sealant called Optimum Gloss Coat.  Seems expensive for what you get but one syringe, 10 ml, did a sedan and the Ultra over a year ago and both look and shed water today just like the day I put it on.  I'll be buying more soon to do the truck as the old sealer I was using doesn't compare to the Gloss Coat.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »

I just did the research on this Optimum No-Rinse.  They make it in both a wash & shine and a wash & wax.  I think I'm going to try this stuff.  Where I live in the Ozarks, my water is 160' down in my well and filtered through natural limestone, so it's very mineral laden and hard.  Consequently it leaves rings and water marks no matter how fast you dry the paint.  I've thought about re-piping my front spigot on the house to come from the softened water supply in the house, but haven't gotten to that point yet.  Plus, I'd like a quality rinse and dry for both our black sports car and my bike as the 3/4 mile gravel road puts out some horrendous dust that seems to stick to everything.
Plus, I can pre-mix this with some filtered water and keep it in a windex bottle for those times I need a little touch-up on painted or chrome surfaces.
This stuff looks like it might do the trick for me, but I won't ever give up my Aerospace 303 in the meantime!

Did you ever get the ONR and try it out? I hope so, you will not regret it.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »

Protect-all or Pledge-works wonders!

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »

you may find it hard to believe but peanut butter does a good job !  rub it on then rub it off.  The oil in it leaves a good finish.  It's also good at getting residual polish off the black plastic.
cheap as well ......peanut butter !

I bet the squirrel tracks are a son-of-a-gun to clean off of the paint, and the tooth marks along the seams get a little unsightly.  :o >:(
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Gone
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Limited

Check out Surf City Garage products. Love the stuff and i have tried most of them. Especially like the chrome polish and wax.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.