Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: 08 FLHTCUSE3  (Read 22786 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2007, 09:29:29 AM »

I wouldn't bother. I drove a HD police bike with ABS & wasn't impressed. Plus they whine a fair bit.

I wouldn't think any experiences with the old system can be transferred to the new system. New controller, new brakes, new sensors, etc.

I myself am looking forward to jump on one and see just what it is that I can't get for my bike.  I hope my local dealer will have one to rent so I can try it out for a day.

Maybe my impression will change once I ride one, but right now, Brembo ABS sounds pretty darn good to me.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2007, 10:53:28 AM »

I wonder how long before they release touring pull back bars that accept the fly by wire throttle?
Or do you think since the throttle stuff is all inside the bars, that any bars will work, as long as you can extend the fly by wires.

Did not notice from the 08 spec's.  Do they also have heated grips?  Wonder if the module/controller/thingie in the right grip will take up enough space that heated grips might not be an option?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2007, 11:00:12 AM »

I wouldn't think any experiences with the old system can be transferred to the new system. New controller, new brakes, new sensors, etc.

I myself am looking forward to jump on one and see just what it is that I can't get for my bike.  I hope my local dealer will have one to rent so I can try it out for a day.

Maybe my impression will change once I ride one, but right now, Brembo ABS sounds pretty darn good to me.

I'd be interested in feeling it too Chuck.  Have ridden a Wing with ABS a few times.  Once you get past the mental thing that keeps your brain from telling your hands and feet to try to lock it up I've actually been impressed with the way that system worked.  Not that I'd expect Harley to really get it right the first time.  But still interested in seeing what it is and what it feels like.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

I'd be interested in feeling it too Chuck.  Have ridden a Wing with ABS a few times.  Once you get past the mental thing that keeps your brain from telling your hands and feet to try to lock it up I've actually been impressed with the way that system worked.  Not that I'd expect Harley to really get it right the first time.  But still interested in seeing what it is and what it feels like.

One of the reviews posted on Monday described the ABS and what it felt like in its use. I can't find that link. The reviewer said the thumping in the pedal was pretty significant.

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2007, 02:08:04 PM »

I have a BMW R1200C With ABS brakes. And I have to tell you that they are the BEST brakes that I have ever had! However, I agree w/Twolane that it will probably take HD
Several attemps to get brakes that good!
  IMHO, There is no way a human w/regular brakes can stop as fast or as safe with ABS system of BMW.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »

I wonder if they did away with the heated grips BECAUSE of the new wired throttle?  Interference from the grips perhaps?  Surely they would run shielded wire for the throttle, but one never knows.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2007, 03:38:52 PM »

The new ABS system is totally different than what was used on the police bikes I hear it comes from the Vrod.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2007, 03:40:23 PM »

I wonder if they did away with the heated grips BECAUSE of the new wired throttle?  Interference from the grips perhaps?  Surely they would run shielded wire for the throttle, but one never knows.
Either that or they realized there was a problem w/them from all the warranty replacements they had. :nixweiss: :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »

Am I missing something, but according to the press release, the heated grips are still there  :confused5:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/CO/NEW/en/PressRelease_date.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US&HDCWPSession=syf9GWLT9MzLG2Y81LM32vclxS8vdStswS2Y1TNz6Y82SvhdKTK0!-1790512256!1451514147&id_in=1240&dspmm=7&dspyy=2007&FROM=NEWS

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2007, 04:16:43 PM »

Am I missing something, but according to the press release, the heated grips are still there  :confused5:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/CO/NEW/en/PressRelease_date.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US&HDCWPSession=syf9GWLT9MzLG2Y81LM32vclxS8vdStswS2Y1TNz6Y82SvhdKTK0!-1790512256!1451514147&id_in=1240&dspmm=7&dspyy=2007&FROM=NEWS

You're absolutely right. I missed it totally.

Ironside Collection:
  • Rider and passenger foot board inserts
  • Heated grips and grip end caps
  • Brake pedal pad
  • Shifter pegs
  • Highway pegs with chrome billet engine guard mounting

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2007, 08:00:47 AM »

Last night spoke to the sales manager of the local HD dealer in regard to the HD dealer show ABS demo in Nashville.

Said it was VERY impressive.  One bike, no ABS, set up with booms, and on a hard stop on rocks it slid & would have gone over without the booms.

Other bike, with ABS & boom, same hard stop over rocks - stopped very well as expected with no problems.

Then they had an engineer do a hard stop with an 08 Ultra with ABS & no boom over rocks.  No problem - no control issues - good stop.

Does not appear to be something that can be easily retrofitted to older models.

A video of the ABS on the HD website seems to be almost inevitable.  I realize test conditions are in a controlled environment and yadda yadda, but it appears the MoCo has an ABS system that performs very well.  Guys on BMWs I ride with for the most part love their ABS and mention some of the road vibration issues that can cause problems similar to the ones noted by others re: road conditions.

Not related to SEULTRA, but my friend also said the Rocker is a heck of a bike - very impressive in person.  Its the Deuce replacement.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:29 AM »

I am just saying this. The abs system will fail at some point and time. I hope when it does fail it will not be when you really need it.
That could get ugly.  :-X  I think your money could be better spent taking a advanced course and learn how to stop the bike with non abs brakes. I have been using abs systems in aircraft for over 35 years, and they are great when they work. But when they fail the ---- can hit the fan. On a motorcycle you could be on your side before you could do anything about it. I guess what I am really saying is I want control of my motorcycle at all times. Old school  :drink: Remember air bags were great until people started getting killed by them.
SLASH

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2007, 06:13:53 PM »

Harley has just invented (their version) of ABS  all they need is more folks to buy it so they can improve on it to Honda and BMW standards- after inventing the 3 Pistion Discbrake in 1999 that has evolved into the 1980 disc brake system that they have now, Keep on testing them and before you know it you won't be able to tell it from a Honda or BMW as the ABS system that I have had since 02 allows me to stop on any surface with or with out bumps.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »

Tough choice but I made it

I choose to take a pass on 2008 SEUC, as I had 1st dibs at a local HD store, on a Sept/07 delivery 105 Anniversary SEUC
This years scoots just don't get me excited and I really wasn't that impressed with the 105 anniversary paint
No I didn't see the 105 anniversary paint on a CVO however, I did on a Softail and it didn't get me all warm and fuzzy
So if my mind doesn't change I guess my ole 06 Autumn Haze SEUC will have to last me another year

Listen up MoCo - I vote for a 2009 SERG ----- Please

jeffj

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2007, 07:27:20 PM »

Tough choice but I made it

I choose to take a pass on 2008 SEUC, as I had 1st dibs at a local HD store, on a Sept/07 delivery 105 Anniversary SEUC
This years scoots just don't get me excited and I really wasn't that impressed with the 105 anniversary paint
No I didn't see the 105 anniversary paint on a CVO however, I did on a Softail and it didn't get me all warm and fuzzy
So if my mind doesn't change I guess my ole 06 Autumn Haze SEUC will have to last me another year

Listen up MoCo - I vote for a 2009 SERG ----- Please

jeffj

I am with you my friend
SLASH
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.55 seconds with 21 queries.