Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: 08 FLHTCUSE3  (Read 22784 times)

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2007, 05:06:47 PM »

:drink:

Was up at the lake this weekend and stopped in at the local HD dealer and they had 5 new 2008's in stock  The Copper and black looked real nice on the two Dyna's they had in stock, a Super Glide and a low rider. Both seats had a copper insert in the middle of the seats, and 105 anniversary badges.

They also had a new Dark Blue Pearl Ultra and the salesman I know let he inspect it and sit on it. He claimed that the bike had ABS, but I could not find one thing that looked like ABS except for a newer style brake reservoirs. HD did a great job on hiding everything. Let's hope it works as well as they hid it!
I sat on the bike and the seat was very comfortable and my position felt correct.  Tank looks a little bigger and the center console and fuel door is somewhat different and sculpted.  Handlebars look a little naked with out the throttle cables.

All in all, first impression was good; however, I would need a couple hundred miles on the seat to let you know. 
Andy

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »

Andy you are right ....sorry.  AND folks I just saw in person the 105 paint scheme at my local dealer. IT was on a 08 softail deluxe and I have to admit it looks MUCH, MUCH better in person.  Still can't tell how it will look on the Ultra but that copper color is indeed copper and really stands out in the light.  So l apologize and retract my statements earlier.. :oops: :oops: :oops: Next time I will keep my fat mouth shut til I see something in person. :cherry:
My dealer thinks that many will complain about the new seats on the touring bikes because the 6 gallon tank took some seat space that previous bikes had.  Other than that he believes the 08's will be widely well received.
New p/a catalog is available.

I've got a deposit on one of the Anniversary Ultras, so I'm hoping that the look is good.  I like what I see in some of the photos posted from publications.  The color on the "Anniversary" CVO bikes appears to be different than the copper on the other '08 line up.  The "Anniversary" CVO units have "Crystal Copper" and the rest of the line up is a "Copper Pearl."  In the light inside the dealership the Copper Pearl was a little too "orange" looking for my taste.  Someone described the CVO Crystal Copper as looking more like root beer.  I notice that the black is described as "Black Onyx" rather than the typical "Vivid Black" and I'm not sure what kind of difference can be seen in the black color.

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2007, 12:31:58 AM »

Ok.

They kept their SE 'stripe' theme only on the 105.

Will have to see these in person.  Last year liked the Black/OJ best on the web and then liked the red/black better in person.  Colors are very subjective.
May I applaud your taste? :apple:

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »

:pineapple:

Stopped at my local dealer yesterday and they gave me a very nice color brochure for the 08 SEEG.. I Gotta tell you that the colors in the brochure sure make the bikes look awesome. Full page color shots and they look great.  I have first dibs on a 105 Copper bike due in on 9/7 and a White / Silver due in on 8/17.   If they look as good in person as they do in the brochure, I think we will all be happy.  Go get your brochure today and see for yourself.

Andy
Andy

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2007, 10:34:58 AM »

May I applaud your taste? :apple:

Thanky. 

As we all know, red is the fastest color.    :apple: :jalapeno:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2007, 12:36:26 AM »

Stopped at my local dealer yesterday and they gave me a very nice color brochure for the 08 SEEG.. I Gotta tell you that the colors in the brochure sure make the bikes look awesome. Full page color shots and they look great.  I have first dibs on a 105 Copper bike due in on 9/7 and a White / Silver due in on 8/17.   If they look as good in person as they do in the brochure, I think we will all be happy.  Go get your brochure today and see for yourself.

Cerdo - What about a scan of the brochure??

:worthless:

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2007, 11:44:53 AM »

Wow - a third year shows you the demand for the Ultra Classic CVO's.

Still - like the graphics on the 1st gen the best...

:2vrolijk_21:

John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2007, 11:48:36 AM »

Wow - a third year shows you the demand for the Ultra Classic CVO's.

Still - like the graphics on the 1st gen the best...

:2vrolijk_21:

Or a lack of company willingness/effort to make a change.  The platform generally has been a big hit though.  The SEEG's before the SEUC's were all snapped up.  The SEUC's seem to be much the same. Will be interesting to see now if a third year of the same platform is a bridge too far or if they keep right on selling as quickly as they get in to dealerships.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2007, 11:07:29 PM »

Cerdo - What about a scan of the brochure??

:worthless:

I picked up all 4 SE Mode'ls Brochures today. I'l try to scan them this week. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2007, 01:01:07 AM »

My new '08 USE3 is scheduled to be built Aug. 1st.  I'm getting the anniversary one.  Personally, I think the colors are totally awesome.  Also, I wasn't a fan of the leather tour pac.  The reason I traded was for the beautiful colors of this bike, the king tour pac, the 110 engine, and the 6 speed tranny.  This is finally the bike I plan to keep.  ABS braking has saved my butt more than once in other vehicles, and I can think of one bike accident I had where it would have saved me if I would have had it. 

The only thing I hate to see is that the bikes are changing so much every year that it is destroying used bike values, and the planned obsolescence is painfully obvious. 

On the new bikes it appears the tranny needs fixing and the bike runs too hot.  I hope I'll be happy, but I realize it may cost me a few thousand extra to fix these problems.  I would think the moco would be ashamed to produce expensive machines that need fixing before you can enjoy them.  Also, I can't seem to get good service work from my dealer.  My '06 USE still has a problem with the radio that was there when I traded.  Unfortunately I live where I have no other choice for service.  The service dept. just doesn't do a good job, and they act like they are sooo busy all the time. 

Hopefully I'll enjoy my new bike.  -Retail & Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2007, 11:48:26 PM »

In regards with the lost value you speak of. I do not think you are correct. Not everbody wants abs brakes. Not ever body wants a tour pak that looks like all the others. Not ever body want a bike that runs hot and has 6 speeds. I do hope you in-joy you new bike.
SLASH

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2007, 07:36:19 AM »

Its like buying a computer.  As soon as you buy one, something new and improved comes out.  You chase the tail and it never wags.  Just pick the one you want and ride it. 

I have an old antiquated '06 with no GPS, no ABS, no HOT 110, only 5 little gears and I  :2vrolijk_21: ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BIKE  :2vrolijk_21:

The new ones that have been coming out are great machines, but so are the old ones.  My favorite car of all time is still a 1957 Chevy.  Would rather ride it than a 2007 Corvette, without question.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2007, 11:37:51 AM »

In regards with the lost value you speak of. I do not think you are correct. Not everbody wants abs brakes. Not ever body wants a tour pak that looks like all the others. Not ever body want a bike that runs hot and has 6 speeds. I do hope you in-joy you new bike.

Not everybody can get one!  -Retail& Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »

And an '08 Ford F-350 HD edition to match....

hmmmmmmmmmm

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »

Love the truck! I am shocked no one on this site has bargained for a combined bike/truck group buy! :huepfenlol2: john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 22 queries.